Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Top 10 Personal Favorite Video Games

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Off Topic » Top 10 Personal Favorite Video Games 34 posts - page 1 of 4
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » October 23, 2014 8:09pm | Report
I stole this thread from Ninja Trigger, but what are your top 10 all time video games? My list isn't that great mainly because I don't play a wide variety of games, just the same ones. I'll expand as to why each pick tomorrow.

1. LoZ Twilight Princess
2. Portal
3. Smite
2. Pokemon Crystal
4. Yoshi's Island
5. Half Life 2
6. Super Mario Galaxy 2
7. LoZ Ocarina of Time
8. Final Fantasy 3
9. Counter Strike: Global Offensive
10. Metal Gear Solid

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » October 23, 2014 9:01pm | Report
Super Smash Brothers and Portal 2 multiplayer are seriously some of the best fun you can have when you're actually playing together instead of being connected via the Internet, so those top the list for sure in the best conditions.

Making an actual list is harder though, but I'll do my best:

10. I'll just generalize all the pokemon games here, but crystal and diamond top them for me
9. Castle Crashers (with 2-4 people)
8. Sonic Adventure Battle 2
7. Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
6. Mario Kart (specifically Double Dash)
5. Smite
4. Metroid Prime Hunters
3. Battlefield 3
2. MMO's when I play them, such as WoW, Guild Wars 2, and TERA
1. Super Smash Brothers (series) and Portal 2 co-op

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoapSuds » October 23, 2014 9:29pm | Report
10. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (One of the best open world games I've ever played. Great gameplay, lore, just a beautiful world to play in, etc)

9. Dungeon Fighter Online (An online, dungeon based MMO that really hits in the nostalgia of the old beat-em-up games I played as a kid. Can't wait for it to come back after sadly shutting down years back.)

8. BioShock Infinite (The gameplay isn't the greatest, but the story and characters more than make up for it to make an amazing game).

7. Pokemon Heart Gold Version (I love gold version, but after generation 2, I stopped paying much attention to Pokemon. I played gen 3 and 4, but as soon as I beat them, I was done with them. Heart Gold brought me back into loving Pokemon with such an amazing remake of an amazing game).

6. Diablo 2 (My first online game. I've spent tons of hours into this game and still love it.)
5. Smite (Despite some problems I have with this game, I still enjoy it quite a bit.)

4. Sid Meier's Civilization 5: Brave New World (I became so addicted to this game when I first played it, and I still get those spans of a few days where I get addicted to it again)

3. Battlefield 3 (I was a big CoD player until MW3, which was just horrid, so I switched to playing BF3, got pretty good at it, and had tons of fun with it, especially when playing with friends)

2. Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (Everything about this game is amazing. The gameplay, the setting, the story, especially the characters. No doubt one of the greatest games I've ever played, as well as one of the most emotional ones)

1. Final Fantasy IV (I've logged more hours into this game than any other game in my life time. I still have it on SNES, back when it was considered FF2 here in the US. The gameplay is great like all FF games, the story was so awesome, the characters were very interesting, the graphics (on the SNES) were beautiful, and the music sounded so great. I still go back to this game and replay it all the time, and I don't think I'll ever stop).

It's really hard for me to come up with a top 10 list like this, considering how long I've been playing video games, but these are the ten that come to mind. I'd say the top 3 are in the right spots, but 4-10 might not be in an exact order.

Some honorable mentions include Super Mario World, Banjo Kazooie/Tooie, Killer Instinct (SNES version), Injustice: Gods Among Us, GTA 5, Battlefield Bad Company 2, The Last of Us, Fallout 3, Chrono Trigger, Dragon Age Origins, Battleblock Theater, Batman: Arkham City, Manhunt, and many, many more.
Comic Series Currently Reading:
  • Wonder Woman Vol 2
  • Green Lantern Vol 2
  • Infinity Gauntlet

SoapSuds

Prominent (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 23, 2014 10:49pm | Report
These entries are not ranked, since I'm having difficulty doing so at the moment. So, in no particular order:

1. Super Smash Bros series: If you like beating the **** out of people with popular characters. Play this game. If you like breathing air, play this game. If you are a carbon-based lifeform, PLAY THIS GAME. It puts all other fighting games to shame.

2. Pokemon series: One of the best RPGs I have ever played to date. There is something addicting about catching Pokemon and leveling them up and kicking *** with them. My only complaint is the lack of a solid plot or roleplaying, but the gameplay more than makes up for it.

3. Portal: This is the closest thing I can think of to a game that people from any age or demographic will agree is perfect. It's literally a perfect game.

4. Smite: I dislike Smite, but it is undeniably an important game to me. I invested years into this thing and I still stubbornly play it due to some sense of masochism or something. I sunk years into this game, dammit, where is my fun? I want my fun back!

Anyway, it's been an educational experience, I'll say that.

5. Heroes of the Storm: The most creative MOBA on the market. No items, rotating maps, multiple ultimates, a talent system...AHAHAHA I HAVE BETA KEY AND YOU DONT NYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAAYYAAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYA

6. Dawngate: My favorite MOBA. I waxed on about it long enough, just know it is a great game, although it does take some getting used to.

7. League of Legends: THE MOBA. I pay tribute to it here.

8. Minecraft: It's hard to explain why I like this game. I guess it's one of those truly sandbox games. You make your own rules and restrictions. You go where you want, do what you want to do, and can even do it with others. It's a true sandbox game, that is why I like it.

9. Binding of Issac: A Zelda Rogue-like game that's equally horrifying, frustrating, and fun to play. It's random nature is both a good and a bad thing.

10. Dark Souls series. Probably has the best gameplay of any RPG ever. I want a game with Dark Souls's difficulty and complicated combat mechanic, with Skyward Sword's sword mechanic and storyline and bosses.

11. Phoenix Wright series: My first visual novel experience, although I did not know it at the time. This "game" had everything - plot, humor, characterization, style, everything. From the ridiculous insanity in the courtroom to the exaggerated but still moving personalities, to the absolutely brilliant gameplay, this is not only a good visual novel but a good game, period.

12. Analogue series: My second VN. It made quite an impression on me. It's more novel than visual, but it was just a really good experience. Excuse my vague vagueness, but it's just something you should play on your own.

13. Portal: I got this in 2012, the sequel in the same year. Just...play it.

15. Legend of Zelda series: My first "game" was the pathetic one for the, I dunno, but everything was pixels and you moved sideways on the screen like a platformer. Hated it. But then...Twilight Princess. Glorious. Then Skyward Sword. I love almost everything about those two games. The only flaws with the latter was a flawed gameplay gimmick, but an amazing everything else. The former's plot was great, but had problems with execution. Other than that, there's both simply awesome games.

16. Team Fortress 2: First Steam game, just an amazing and fun game overall that offers several kinds of playstyles and classes that are brilliantly executed.

17. Call of Duty: This was my first FPS that I bought, and I got pretty hooked on the genre. It's quite similar to Smite, now that I think about it. Fast-paced, simple action that still has a fun feel to it.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » October 24, 2014 12:01am | Report
Oh boy, this one is going to be hard, so in no particular order:

1. Heroes of Might and Magic 3, w/ expansions. The best HOMM game, with perfect adventure and combat combination for just such a solid game. It's pretty unique, and I just love it.

2. World of Warcraft. I've been playing since 4 days after official release, and haven't stopped since. Despite having periods where I played less, there's never been a time I've thought of cancelling my subscription, and I enjoy the game wholeheartedly (although this new expac is making me sad with the removal of so many spells)

3. Tekken 2. It's the only Tekken I've played, but I was just so good at juggling with the Chinese Lee (since there's also Rainbow Kick Silver Haired Jackass Lee), and always loved playing with my Dad, who could juggle with Baek (Bake?) Ridiculously. Loved it.

4. CoD Franchise. I know how repetitive it is, but it's because it works, and no FPS will ever truly be able to shut out CoD. I love it compared to games like BF because of how close quarters and fast paced it is. So I can't say I don't enjoy it.

5. Super Mario 64. This game just provided so much fun for me, especially trying to figure out where every star was for the easter egg. I just can't say this wasn't one of my favorites.

6. Zelda: Ocarina of Time. Can this really NOT be on someone's favorite list? I don't even need to explain this one.

7. Act Raiser. Another dual-type game like Heroes, except this one is similar to a City Sim+Exploration phase, coupled with a sidescroller melee-contra type phase. It was on the Super Nintendo and was hella old, and actually pretty damn hard, but it was a beautiful game.

8. League of Legends+Smite. Coupling the mobas together, I can't leave them out. Similar to WoW, I've been playing these two a TON over the past few years, and I'd be lying to myself if they weren't on my favorites list.

9. Command and Conquer (Specifically, Tiberian Sun). Halo Wars can technically be included here but I'm specifying command and conquer. It's the only game of its type that I actually enjoyed wholeheartedly and didn't suck at, compared to something like starcraft that I am absolutely **** tier at.

10. Pokemon. I mean, the game is just such a large part of my childhood. It's a bland choice, but it's because of how widely accepted it is to be fun.

Honorable Mentions (AKA What I remembered after I made these top 10)
H1. Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction. It's SUCH A SOLID GAME. It deserves to be in my top 10 but I don't know what to cut. It's so much better than D3, but neither are bad. But don't try to PvP, Because you'll see a paladin holding his right click button with Fist of the Heavens ready to instagib you. And **** hammerdins they don't deserve to be alive.

H2. Clicker Heroes/Anti Idle/Cookie Clicker. I'm a sucker for idle games, and these will keep me occupied for weeks if not months. They're specifically in honorable mentions but I had to give a shotu out to the idle games.

H3. Yoshi's Story. Definitely deserves to be in top 10, but again I don't know what to cut. It's so easy and simple now that I'm older, but when I was younger, I couldn't get enough of it.

H4. James Bond: The World is Not Enough (N64) First multiplayer game I played, and I'll be honest, I was pretty damn good. I played Goldenfinger but not multiplayer, so this is I guess what got me into pvp.

H5. Destiny. Keeping me occupied and I can see the appeal. If they're lazy in their updates and events, I'll quickly grow bored, but this game has SO much potential. It's completely unique, in a Diablo-Call of Duty hybrid that's just...nothing like anyone's seen before. They better not screw up their single shot at glory by being lazy.

H6. Halo Franchise. I've never liked multiplayer *too* much but it's just way too good of a series to not at least give a shout out to.

H7. SPYRO. HOW DID I FORGET THIS LITTLE *****. The newer versions I simply do not like, but the original spyro was my ****. You should have seen my face the moment I remembered this game just now.

H8. Dance Dance Revolution. Yes, I'm a sucker for this game. I looooove it.

H9. Guitar Hero. Same as above. Also I hate the song One by Metallica because when you're first learning to do it, the first 90% of the song is easy and the last solo is what screws you up, meaning you can play through a whole slow song and then take it up the rear once you get to the solo. Ugh.

H10. (I'll make this the last one) Super Smash Bros. Such a good game. I want Ike to be better than he is. I love Sonic and his taunts. Pikachu is my bae. GGWP.

Hope you liked the list, 0 people who read this clusterf*** of an essay. If I forget anything I'll check back.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » October 24, 2014 12:02am | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

3. Portal: This is the closest thing I can think of to a game that people from any age or demographic will agree is perfect. It's literally a perfect game.

Subzero008 wrote:

13. Portal: I got this in 2012, the sequel in the same year. Just...play it.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ninja Trigger » October 24, 2014 12:14am | Report
Greenevers wrote:

I stole this thread from Ninja Trigger, but what are your top 10 all time video games? My list isn't that great mainly because I don't play a wide variety of games, just the same ones. I'll expand as to why each pick tomorrow.

you thief :P

I am to lazy to go and copy and paste my list that I posted over on mobafire. I will probably end up doing that tomorrow

but I really like everyone's list so far over on SmiteFire
Sig by MiKurusu

Ninja Trigger

Memorable (14)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 24, 2014 2:10am | Report
Raventhor wrote:

*facepalm*

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FerrumSlash » October 24, 2014 3:34am | Report
Honestly, i enjoy all of my videogames so much that when i put them into lists, they don't reflect how i prefer this game over the other.

But these would be my favorite games.

1. The Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim

THE Role-Playing game. Awesome RADIANT world, a great leveling/character building system that doesn't necessarily dictate your playstyle at the beginning of the game, and great story and gameplay overall, annoying bugs aside. AND ANIME MODS, oh my.

2. Smite

I don't really have to explain this one.

3. osu!

You've heard me talk about it. You've seen my blogpost bragging about my highscore. You've all seen my attempts at getting you to play this game. This game is THE rhythm game to go.

4. Total War Series

As an avid history/geography/social studies fan, this is one of the RTS series that i enjoy. Nothing quite like sending Emperor Heinrich the Lord of Terror to a pack of peasants and watch them flee XD Favorite game is Medieval II.

5. Fallout series

Amazing backstory, worlds, faction ideas, RPG elements, stories, and VATS. V-A-T-S.

6. Katawa Shoujo

First VN experience. A great tear-jerker and well-written VN, made by a great multi-national team. I keep coming back to Lilly's route.

7. SMT series

A series based around deities is always fun. And how would the Japanese portray western deities? The SMT series is your answer. Favorite games include Persona 3 and Devil Survivor 2.

8. Just Cause 2

It's, like, GTA but with more action and boom boom!

9. The World Ends with You

Awesome story, awesome dual-screen gameplay, and SHIBUYA.

10. DJMAX Technika

It's an awesome rhythm game with fun, refreshing songs. And they have a portable version.

FerrumSlash
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (70)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » October 24, 2014 4:50am | Report
I'm just going to list 10 games I really like because I can't be ****ed putting them in order.

-Urban Rivals: Yeah, shut up, it's some browser based TCG that isn't even all that great, but I enjoy playing and collecting in it.
-Fire Emblem Awakening: YOU CAN SHIP CHARACTERS! CORDELIA X LON'QU 4 LYFE! But overall, really fun and difficult strategy game that you'll be sinking many hours into.
-League of Legends: My most played MOBA, been playing it for over three years and I've just stuck to it the whole time.
-Dawngate: A NEW CHALLENGER APPROACHES! I still play League more, but Dawngate is great to cool off (DawnGreat?).
-Pokemon Series: Oh so very dear to my heart, as with a lot of people. Pokemon is just an amazing world to immerse yourself into.
-Smash Bros Series: Played it on the Wii for days on end when I was a wee lil' lad, and now I'm playing it like crazy on my 3DS. Go figure, huh?
-Super Mario Galaxy Series: These games just never get old. The're absolutely fantastic, the pinnacle of what 3D platforming should be.
-Assassin's Creed Series: Yeah, it's hella mainstream, but I love this series. It's so much fun doing all those missions in the main storyline. But the REAL draw to it is the multiplayer. You'll never find multiplayer experiences as unique as AC's.
-Legend of Zelda: a Link between World's: The only Legend of Zelda game I've actually been able to complete, and boy was it magical.
-Animal Crossing: New Leaf: Just running your own town and making friends (and secretly shipping them) is just satisfying. I'm not as dedicated as I used to be to it, but I still do check up on it about once a week.

I excluded VNs, but if they were to count, you'd find Planetarian on that list. I don't read many VNs, but Planetarian is something special.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }