Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Smitefire Tavern Worldbuilding Thread

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Off Topic » Smitefire Tavern Worldbuilding Thread 55 posts - page 3 of 6
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » November 23, 2013 12:11pm | Report
Raventhor's status would be easier to handle if he were actually here.

And I'm not actually sure if he has any god-ness or not. All he's done so far is physical combat, and it has all been everything a normal human could do.

Unlike Mr. Holy/Unholy, semi-magical, superhumanly strong/fast/smart, morally superior assassin we have here.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ragingstorm » November 23, 2013 12:20pm | Report
Shhh...me and Jararo will be the light and darkness for your future encounters. ;D
All Hail Queen Storm, Queen Storm, Queen Ragingstorm!
You may call me Miss Storm.

"I have returned to the battlefield of these men, and this time, there will be no more salvation,"~Ragingstorm

BB Coding Queen of Smitefire: In the Olden Days, at least.

Ragingstorm

Prominent (49)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » November 23, 2013 12:54pm | Report
All4, I have an alternative backstory for you:

All4 was born as Daniel Emetor, the pride and joy of House Emetor, a prominent family known for it's prestigious skill at arms. If everyone in House Emetor could be considered a master of swordplay, Daniel would be a master among masters.

As he grew, he idolized his father, and worked hard to dispel those rumors of corruption, often challenging those who said so to a duel. He won, naturally, and his fame grew.

Until one day, his father was arrested for corruption and bribery. Daniel was shocked, and resolved to investigate his father's crimes himself, to obtain proof of his innocence. But he soon learned that the charges were, in fact, true. His father had been bribing his challengers to preserve his name, and he had been blackmailing others.

Daniel was furious. He left House Emetor without a word, and shed his identity, until years later, no one could connect the passionate duelist to a mercenary named All4. His signature weapons - his claw gauntlets - are a message of his abandonment of his family's traditions.

All4 was content to live this life, until a message came from one of his trusted sources. "Your father may be innocent after all. Someone framed him for another's crimes."

All4 had no proof. He had no name. All he had was a title.

"He is called The Trickster, and he will be in the tavern."

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » November 23, 2013 1:29pm | Report
sub do you have to piont out every single nit picky thing?

i never called Co7 out right evil. my character hate's them because of what happend in his back story. they killed his parent's. ofcourse he hate's them and wants to foil everything they do.

my guy is a cutthoat. i never said he was the hero humanity needs. the guy know's that not everything he does is good. he want's to find the editor's for something that will give him personal gain.

he litterly says that he has a lot of people after him wanting to kill him, out of revange or for the bounty he is wanted. he says he doesn't kill people he deems inocent and he kills those who he does. ergo the people he killed are the only one's who had people who wanted to avenge them.

with research i maybe had to be more spesific. i didn't think that it would be that important but okay.

when he says research he means this. MONTH'S OF STALKING AND TRACKING PERSONAL HISTORY. (sorry for the caps)

i never said he killed thalia, if she was harmless i would never have killed her. her death would be caused by someone else.

in short. my guy is not good. he knows that better then anyone. he doesn't see him self as evil as he sees the council.
my guy does not trust the lawmage's since they are getting payed by the co7 who rule the country. so he kills those who would never be seen as criminals even though they are.
he know's people want to kill him. he escaped them over the years on more then one occasion.
he would be an idiot if he didn't know that people hate it when you kill people.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » November 23, 2013 2:09pm | Report
All4Games wrote:

sub do you have to piont out every single nit picky thing?

i never called Co7 out right evil. my character hate's them because of what happend in his back story. they killed his parent's. ofcourse he hate's them and wants to foil everything they do.

my guy is a cutthoat. i never said he was the hero humanity needs. the guy know's that not everything he does is good. he want's to find the editor's for something that will give him personal gain.

he litterly says that he has a lot of people after him wanting to kill him, out of revange or for the bounty he is wanted. he says he doesn't kill people he deems inocent and he kills those who he does. ergo the people he killed are the only one's who had people who wanted to avenge them.

with research i maybe had to be more spesific. i didn't think that it would be that important but okay.

when he says research he means this. MONTH'S OF STALKING AND TRACKING PERSONAL HISTORY. (sorry for the caps)

i never said he killed thalia, if she was harmless i would never have killed her. her death would be caused by someone else.

in short. my guy is not good. he knows that better then anyone. he doesn't see him self as evil as he sees the council.
my guy does not trust the lawmage's since they are getting payed by the co7 who rule the country. so he kills those who would never be seen as criminals even though they are.
he know's people want to kill him. he escaped them over the years on more then one occasion.
he would be an idiot if he didn't know that people hate it when you kill people.

Look, you can't have it both ways. You can't say the Co7 isn't evil, and then have them attack a fortress and kill women and children. And you can't say the Council is full of criminals and then say it's not corrupt. Either the Council is evil, or it isn't.

THE SAME GOES FOR YOUR CHARACTER. Either the Council is evil, and All4 is a decent guy, or the Council is NOT evil, and All4 has been murdering innocents for years. That is the problem I have with your backstory: Making the Council evil changes everything about other character.

Remember when I burned the tavern down in a post? I didn't say your character was a ruthless murderer. I didn't say Sir was greedy and vicious. I may have changed the narrative, but I didn't change anyone's character.

(And really, the AC comparisons are stupidly obvious. Order of assassins, facing the evil government, fort invaded by a numerically superior force, love interest named Maria, etc etc etc.)

Also, you have a habit of telling but not showing. You tell us that All4 is stalked and takes precautions, but his actions speak differently. He gives a bag full of treasure to the bartender, declares that he is the greatest assassin in the world, and beats people up in public. Tell me, are these the actions of someone who is worried of being noticed and killed?

Your character is a narrative nightmare. Let's say you're captured by bandits. "Oh, don't worry, I have superhuman strength and have fought a vampire." Captured by the lawmages? "Oh, I escaped from them before MANY TIMES." Facing an Editor? "Oh, I've been doing my research and know how to beat this guy." On the run from the law? "Oh, I've evaded my pursuers time and time again, no problem." Facing zombies? "Oh, did I mention that my character is holy?" Wizard is unable to cast? "Oh, guys, I have unique and special magic of my own!" Under attack by a group of enemies? "Hey guys, isn't it great how we are all super powerful together?"

You literally defeat everything I have, can, and will place in front of you. Whether it is a moral, physical, or emotional obstacle, you can defeat it easily.

Now, do you realize the problem of your character? If your character was a mere talented duelist-turned-mercenary, he wouldn't be impossible to defeat.

Look...I'm just saying my objections. It is not nitpicking, it is serious. You could ignore my objections and post, if you wish, but I may have to rectify the situation.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » November 23, 2013 3:13pm | Report
-_- im beginning to think your character is not the only one with a grudge.

for the so i never said the council was evil. my character sees them as evil because they did what he deemed evil. killing his parent's. all4 is in no way a decent part of society. nor does he sees the council as a good government.

the attack on the fortress was realistic. that is something that happend in the dark age's. invasion's on castle's, forteresses etc. they killed the assassin's because they kept killing numerous council member's trough out history. they killed people man,woman or child but never
all of them.

he get's really rich from doing six damm years of assassintating people so yes he has a big bag of gold for the bartender of he want's to give it away he can because he does not care for it.

i never said he was afraid of being hunted down, killed or other variations on that. he trained to have skill's to fight that or escape that. that is part of an RP to have skills that reflect your class. if you go over the top you tow it down.

my guy NOT invinceble.

and let me make this specificly very clear to you becaus you either never react to when im saying it.

you are the one implying most of my char's god mode power's he apperently has!

now let me make this clear to you once and for all. HE DOES NOT WHERE HEAVY ARMOR, HE DOES NOT HAVE SUPER HUMAN STRENGHT, HE CAN ESCAPE MOST SITUATIONS BECAUSE THAT IS NEEDED (il explain that later... again), HE HAS HIGH MOBILITY, HE CAN KILL VAMPIRE'S IF HE GOES ABOUT IT SMART AND LASTLY TO ENVISIZE ON IT EVEN MORE I NEVER ONCE SAID HE WAS ULTRAPOWERFULL, THAT WAS AND STILL IS COMPLETLY YOU.

(see the capped text in the form of me trying to make it very clear by screaming straight into the side of your head)

all our char's have something that makes them stand out from NPC's. for one: one of the rule's is that we can't die unless we our self's kill us off. that means that we can't die to each other, npc's or fight's. that will leave out a few possible out comes to those specific situations.

1 is that we win because we can't die and we have to progress with the story.
2 is that we escape the fight
3 is that we lose, get taken to prisson and escape because we can't die and need to progress the story.
4 is that we lose, get taken to prisson and we get help to escape.

ergo we are all invinceble to some degree. almost all of these senario's have played out.

so yes he is reletivly OP compared to npc's but compared to other char's he has been fairly balenced for a while now.

he did his training, studies and other neccesary objective's to become powerfull enough to in this quest find the editor's which is already 100% made sure will happen at some point because of the 4 reason's metioned above. we are quiet litterly unstoppable.

pysical probleme's he can handle because that is what his training was mostly ment to do. mentally he won't give up because he has a goal letting him solf those probleme's though he still get's affected by them trough feeling's like regret.

sub i have no clue what your real probleme is but i know mine with you and that is that you imply way to much and think you can read my mind.

(ac has very few similarities with it though yes there defently are part's i took from that story.
i did make them different in almost all cases and there are far less then you think there are.
the order of assassin's part could be from a lot of series because it's a fairly large used group. i personnaly took more from the darkbrotherhood in the form of assassin clan then from the ac series since they litterly are the greates assassin's of tamriel and do it more center'd around money. which while all4's motive to take down the council is more focused appon it is not his famalies goal.

... i really don't know what is with the love interest maria. i just picked a genaric female name for it that wasn't ugly. was she altair's wife or was it ezio's sister... i don't remember i haven't played ac since the fiasco known as revelations and 3.)
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » November 23, 2013 4:29pm | Report
Okay, All4Games, let's go through this step by step.

STEPS HERE

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ragingstorm » November 23, 2013 5:00pm | Report
Okay you two, chillax. Take a chill pill.

Anyways, Id like to know when the next post is going to arrive. (Which I hope will be very very soon)
All Hail Queen Storm, Queen Storm, Queen Ragingstorm!
You may call me Miss Storm.

"I have returned to the battlefield of these men, and this time, there will be no more salvation,"~Ragingstorm

BB Coding Queen of Smitefire: In the Olden Days, at least.

Ragingstorm

Prominent (49)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » November 23, 2013 5:13pm | Report
Sir's supposed to be up next, and should be typing it as we speak. Tal is supposed to be introduced in the next post. All4Games' post here...I'm not sure how to deal with. It hasn't been posted yet.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sirsir94 » November 23, 2013 6:33pm | Report
I'm supposed to wait for All4 to post his backstory thing, but yes I have been working on it.

And I'm kinda sad that I dont get to write Tals intro fight, but it makes sense I guess. I had a really good idea for it too. But it is his intro.

And Sub if it was a fortress of assassins that has been preying on the Co7 (assassinations aren't exactly rare in history, and its fiction so a 'guild' as it were isn't hard to believe either) its not exactly implausible for the Co7 to declare them a threat that needs to be exterminated. In invasions like that everything is a blur, maybe some officials are ruthless a-holes, stuff happens. Not Evil, just chaotic 'war is hell' kind of stuff.

And you 'may have to rectify the situation'? Scuse me? Just because you do this stuff a lot IRL does not put you in charge. This is for fun, not being published. It doesn't have to be super believable. Ofc it would be for the best if he toned it down a bit and this had a bit of a guiding hand, but if you take all the fun out of it its just gonna be you writing a novel. And having everything you do nitpicked is not fun.
Sorry if this is me overreacting but that comment makes it seem like you are getting a bit too big for your britches here.

EDIT: and as for counterpoint 5 my character WILL win. Even if its just 'he frees Nixaze who gives him power and he spends the rest of his life hiding in a hidden village'. This is a game to me, and games are meant to win. You aligned yourself with the NPCs so that is your choice, and you still may win because not everything is set in stone.
PENTAS: Loki
Quadras: Cupid, Artemis, Loki, Ah Muzen Cab

Sirsir94

Remarkable (6)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }