Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Smitefire Tavern Worldbuilding Thread

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Off Topic » Smitefire Tavern Worldbuilding Thread 55 posts - page 1 of 6
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » November 21, 2013 2:34pm | Report
Introduction: This is the worldbuilding thread for Smitefire Tavern, and a continuation of a chain of PMs. The main point of this thread is:

A. Provide a solid foundation so all authors can remain consistent to the source in their posts.

B. Breathe some life into the Tavern.

C. Create a place where we can commentate and edit posts before they're entered into the main thread.

Below are the Worldbuilding points. If you would like to question or request the removal of some of the points, feel free to do so, but leave a reason, please.

Worldbuilding Points

Here are a bunch of character profiles.

Character Profile: Symon (The Juggler)

Character Profile: Sir (The Wizard)

Character Backstory: All4 (The Rogue)

Character Backstory: Talenheim (The Speaker from Egypt)*

*These guys haven't posted their backstories yet. Blame Sub.

And here are the profiles on the NPCs.

NPC Profile: Selyna Solomon

NPC Profile: Officer Harry Dumark

NPC Profile: Nicodemus

NPC Profile: Marshal Onner Goodman

NPC Profile: Nixaze

And here is some info the the city's factions.

List of Current Factions

And here is a list of the location and status of the players:

Player Groups

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » November 21, 2013 2:42pm | Report
All4Games wrote:

OOC: i say yes to that world building idea.

How is he a mary sue when he is overconfident, egocentric an boastfull which cost him a loved one. Ofcourse he becomes it a bit
Less after such an a loss. Yes he is very skilled maybe a bit to much but it can be towned down if needed. Then again all of our character's have some mary sue characteristic's because it's a point that they can't be killed. Meaning that they have to beable to defeat everything or escape everything.

Sir's is basicly unbeatable in magic and yours is unbeatable at range while mine is unbeatable very close combat and raven is unbeatable from the front.

Sir beat's you with spell's, i beat sir because mobility, raven beats me because i can't deal enough damage to him before he crushes my skull with his zweihander and you beat raven because of range and speed so you can get behind him or knives hit small hole's in his armor. We all have flaws and strengt's giving us partial mary sue charactaristic's and partial human charactaristic's.

I think il give my guy as fear dog's because when i was younger i was afraid of dog's so i will work that into the story at some point in time.

PS. No i do not have any of the part's saved up right now so it would be great if you don't over pm the second part.

I don't blame him for being overconfident. I don't blame him for not having flaws, or having convenience. I blame him for being god-mode, where he is never challenged by the narrative. It is possible for you to have Mary Sue traits, like Superman, yet not be a Mary Sue, like Superman.

Don't mistake physical flaws for character flaws. Sir is paranoid and arrogant. The Warrior is a bit apathetic and ruthless. Symon is obsessed and selfish. Saying your character is afraid of dogs is like saying Bella Swan becomes a realistic protagonist because she trips when it's convenient for the plot. (Raventhor, Sir, I apologize if I mangled your characters right there.)

Please, make just one post where something challenges him. Not a backstory.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Talenhiem » November 21, 2013 2:46pm | Report
Well. That thread matured surprisingly well, but apparently no one bothered to look up what the Council of Seven really is.

When I introduced it into the thread, I was trying to make a tie in between the Warhammer world and the thread's world. The Council of Seven is the highest point in the government of the Skaven, monsterous ratmen who want nothing but to kill all humans. Each member of the Co7 was a seer; a high seer, at that. They have one goal: to unleash the Horned Rat, the Skaven entity living in the Warp. If he was to be unleashed, the world will end in a matter of hours.

But apparently you guys took it a different course. Which I'm okay with.

Talenhiem

Prominent (33)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » November 21, 2013 2:58pm | Report
It's nice to have the creator's blessings. :p

I should apologize to Darkjaw, and some others, since his character kind of vanished and was ignored.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Talenhiem » November 21, 2013 3:04pm | Report
Like mine? :P

Nah, I just got put off by bad timing. I say let me back in, looks you guys haven't godmodded my char TOO much (my char will have a grudge for borrowing the Sword, though).

EDIT: Damn, you put the Azorius into this? geez, now there's laws bouncing all over the place...

Talenhiem

Prominent (33)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » November 21, 2013 3:07pm | Report
Wait wait wait. Uh, we kinda retconned your character out. As in, we kinda pretended he didn't exist. Sorry.

I guess you'll have to introduce your character in somehow. Uh, sorry.

But if you're still going for the Speaker of Eygpt thing, you'll need a suitably badass intro.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Talenhiem » November 21, 2013 3:12pm | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

Wait wait wait. Uh, we kinda retconned your character out. As in, we kinda pretended he didn't exist. Sorry.

I guess you'll have to introduce your character in somehow. Uh, sorry.

But if you're still going for the Speaker of Eygpt thing, you'll need a suitably badass intro.

Alright. I'll probably just wait until some epic "all is lost" moment arises, than burst in and be that hero that everybody loves in the children's stories. Or something like that. But trust me, it WILL be epic.

And I'll be wearing the mantle as well, so prepare for some pretty cool things. I can't give concept art, but it bears the Uraeus.

Talenhiem

Prominent (33)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dark Jaw » November 21, 2013 4:04pm | Report
Nah. No problem. DarkJaw is not made to be an important character; that was intentional: I do not have a lot of time to role play, for now. And I'll try to participate when it's possible.

Anywho, I'm surprised with the progress. Nice job!

Dark Jaw

Prominent (44)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » November 21, 2013 5:50pm | Report
Here's my second draft of the future post:
DRAFT

*Depelle comes from Deppol, a portmanteau of Department and Police. My idea for a faction. Maybe I should change the name? I think it's still a good idea to have a police/military faction.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » November 22, 2013 1:48am | Report
The draft looks good.
Storm and jararo can just work on their part of story and setup their large plot point to work to.

I think that in the next part about sir, raven and me we find that cave and let each other's character's get to know each other.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }