Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Everyday life thread

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Off Topic » Everyday life thread 19 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GameGeekFan » June 30, 2017 3:23pm | Report
Fine I will chime in too.

Heya, friendly lurker here. 18 years old, just graduated from Cristo Rey New York High School and planning to attend Alfred University late August. I have always been a gamer (since my dad introduced me when I was 2-3 playing Resident Evil and a James Bond game). I am now currently trying to get my life back on track. Gonna exercise more and try to motivate myself.

Born in New York and Brooklyn has since become my cherished home. Ironically I ****ing hate New York City, specifically Manhattan, and would rather go somewhere rural. I was always called bright and smart, but honestly I just was not challenged enough as a kid. I suffered through high school, with no motivation to do certain homework assignments since the subject did not interest me. I was really only interested in History and English. EDIT: and Religion. Especially world religions.

I was quite a shy kid (not as much anymore, just cannot initiate conversations), and I only really talked to older or younger people. Never really with people my own age until high school. I suffered from a divorce between my parents, a young heartbreak (like very young), seeing my father live a life I did not want him to, family drama and break-ups, and realizing that this world is not all goody-goody. Gaming was my coping method, to the point where it became a hard addiction. Played CoD BOII on my Xbox 360 for so long, and played some RPG games here and there. Eventually found Smite and joined this community to improve my skills. Now trying to improve myself in Osu! and would play Smite more if it was not for this ****py computer I have.

I am VERY interested in Psychology and Philosophy, and plan to major in both at Alfred University, and a minor in business (cause lets be real this world is all about money). I talked to a therapist my sophomore to junior year. Sophomore year was Ms Carrasco (cant spell her name properly) and junior year was Mr Hernandez, an intern from Fordham University. Sophomore year I was still too shy, so i did not get too much out of it, but my talks with Mr Hernandez helped me a lot with getting out of my shell. He said that people were noticing more and more that i was gaining more confidence and I started to seem more comfortable, more myself. We talked about my weird, out-there ideas on several different topics. My interest in astrology and the Briggs-Myers test. My personal problems. How I think, how i see myself, and how I deal with things. I joined him in the start of the GSA club in the school. The finally i said goodbye to him as he had to go back to school, and ended his internship in Cristo Rey.

Senior year, I lost my closest friend Alberto Contreas when he was kicked out. Along with my friend Stephanie, and my former crush and person i admired, Isabella. But senior year went by too quick. I started to talk to people in junior, sophomore, and freshman classes. They were personally a big part of my senior year (as some of the smitefire people know). But the big thing was the senior retreat. Despite being agnostic after being exposed to the amount of different religions besides Christianity, and despite the senior retreat being SUPPOSED to be religious, I was very glad I went. it made me think on what I am being in school for, and what I am working for. For more than just a simple grade or passing and living life yada yada etc. For reasons i wont say.

So yea thats my life in a nutshell. Wont say anymore than that unless you ask me, which i dont mind.

GameGeekFan
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (50)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Bernardozomer » June 30, 2017 3:47pm | Report

He's being a dork btw. Don't translate this ;)

LIES!
#9e2aff #a12bfd #af29e8 #bd29d0 #c828be #d728a8 #d728b0 #e02899 #ee2891 #f02887 #d72875 #d72860
#8a42ff #9c30f6 #ab21ec #b329e4 #b829d9 #ca29c7 #d429bd #de299f #ee2887 #e62873 #e03163 #e53d44
#7b54ff #8d39f6 #a311f4 #a22afb #ae29ed #b63dc7 #a247c7 #ca3d9f #ee3175 #e6325f #e94348 #f14f2c
#676cff #793fff #910aff #871ef5 #7f2ee4 #7542da #665bc7 #8e519f #c04777 #f0464b #f2552d #fc6410
#5384ff #6545ed #7b00e0 #6b1ada #5738d0 #4356d0 #2d74cc #5c65b3 #985b77 #dc5037 #e94c1b #de4606
#3598fe #4750da #5d00a8 #4423b2 #2b46bc #1762c4 #008fcc #377b9f #636b7b #9a574e #d73a12 #c12300

Bernardozomer
<Meat Shield>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (33)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » June 30, 2017 4:05pm | Report
GameGeekFan wrote:

Fine I will chime in too.

Heya, friendly lurker here. 18 years old, just graduated from Cristo Rey New York High School and planning to attend Alfred University late August. I have always been a gamer (since my dad introduced me when I was 2-3 playing Resident Evil and a James Bond game). I am now currently trying to get my life back on track. Gonna exercise more and try to motivate myself.

Born in New York and Brooklyn has since become my cherished home. Ironically I ****ing hate New York City, specifically Manhattan, and would rather go somewhere rural. I was always called bright and smart, but honestly I just was not challenged enough as a kid. I suffered through high school, with no motivation to do certain homework assignments since the subject did not interest me. I was really only interested in History and English. EDIT: and Religion. Especially world religions.

I was quite a shy kid (not as much anymore, just cannot initiate conversations), and I only really talked to older or younger people. Never really with people my own age until high school. I suffered from a divorce between my parents, a young heartbreak (like very young), seeing my father live a life I did not want him to, family drama and break-ups, and realizing that this world is not all goody-goody. Gaming was my coping method, to the point where it became a hard addiction. Played CoD BOII on my Xbox 360 for so long, and played some RPG games here and there. Eventually found Smite and joined this community to improve my skills. Now trying to improve myself in Osu! and would play Smite more if it was not for this ****py computer I have.

I am VERY interested in Psychology and Philosophy, and plan to major in both at Alfred University, and a minor in business (cause lets be real this world is all about money). I talked to a therapist my sophomore to junior year. Sophomore year was Ms Carrasco (cant spell her name properly) and junior year was Mr Hernandez, an intern from Fordham University. Sophomore year I was still too shy, so i did not get too much out of it, but my talks with Mr Hernandez helped me a lot with getting out of my shell. He said that people were noticing more and more that i was gaining more confidence and I started to seem more comfortable, more myself. We talked about my weird, out-there ideas on several different topics. My interest in astrology and the Briggs-Myers test. My personal problems. How I think, how i see myself, and how I deal with things. I joined him in the start of the GSA club in the school. The finally i said goodbye to him as he had to go back to school, and ended his internship in Cristo Rey.

Senior year, I lost my closest friend Alberto Contreas when he was kicked out. Along with my friend Stephanie, and my former crush and person i admired, Isabella. But senior year went by too quick. I started to talk to people in junior, sophomore, and freshman classes. They were personally a big part of my senior year (as some of the smitefire people know). But the big thing was the senior retreat. Despite being agnostic after being exposed to the amount of different religions besides Christianity, and despite the senior retreat being SUPPOSED to be religious, I was very glad I went. it made me think on what I am being in school for, and what I am working for. For more than just a simple grade or passing and living life yada yada etc. For reasons i wont say.

So yea thats my life in a nutshell. Wont say anymore than that unless you ask me, which i dont mind.

It's ppl like your Mr. Hernandez that got me to consider doing psychiatry. I sometimes consider doing Psycology just so I can talk to poeple, specially students, cuz everyone that talks to me, from this site, knows how open I am about everything.

ALSO, YOU LIKE ASTROLOGY? HOW DID I NOT KNOW THIS GAMEGEEK, WE GOTTA TALK
Signature by Stuke99, check out his Website Portfolio and his SmiteFire Profile!

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GameGeekFan » June 30, 2017 4:27pm | Report
I used to research astrology A **** TON in sophomore to junior year. i can really get back into it if ya want

I know some of my signs in the planets, forgot the rest.

Aries sun, Taurus venus, Aquarius Mercury, Sag rising, and gemini moon

GameGeekFan
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (50)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » June 30, 2017 4:59pm | Report
GameGeekFan wrote:

I used to research astrology A **** TON in sophomore to junior year. i can really get back into it if ya want

I know some of my signs in the planets, forgot the rest.

Aries sun, Taurus venus, Aquarius Mercury, Sag rising, and gemini moon

Sun and Moon on Scorpio, Mercury and Pluto on Sargittarius, Venus on Virgo, Mars on Capricorn, Jupiter on Aries, Saturn on Taurus, Uranus and Neptune on Aquarius, Gemini Rising.
Signature by Stuke99, check out his Website Portfolio and his SmiteFire Profile!

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GameGeekFan » June 30, 2017 5:34pm | Report
gemini rising. heh

GameGeekFan
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (50)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » July 1, 2017 1:43am | Report
ah well let's join this.

I'm turning 19 end this month. It's funny to see multiple people here also did something biology related. I'm a soon to be 3rd year Biology & Medical lab research (BML) student which can be considered a 2nd tier study (HBO) if we talk school systems (we have primary here in the Netherlands were everyone starts. then we have middle school with 3 different main lvls (the lowest lvl has multiple lvls) which an indication test in primary kinda dictates where you go. from those 3 lvls you either go to MBO, HBO or university).
With my study I'm starting my minor in Infection and Contamination control next year. My plans are to go work in a lab in a hospital, like BME. I think I can call a part of my study a bit like BME Bioengeneering study, however BML can also go to the research kind if people want.

As past time I play handball, however I'm pretty busy lately which ended up in only playing matches and no training. This is mostly because school and being the secretary of my study's study associations (study not students, probably not a known thing outside of the Netherlands).

Atm I'm in rooms (rough translation) meaning I don't live with my parents anymore even tho I'm there in the weekends. Me and a friend rent an apartment together in the city we study (normally you rent a room in a student house which can differ in size that's why we say in rooms).

As other past time I mostly play games or watch series. As most people here know I'm a metal head. Mostly listening to Sabaton where I own 4 shirts from. lately I have expended my metal styles to include folk/celtic music with eluveitie. Even tho I don't like grunge that much making power metal still my favorite (even tho I know 5FDP isn't really under it however they are a close second to sabaton)
On gaming front I'm goign to return to a good pc soon yay. being able to play most of the mobas I played again. However as a lot of friends play LoL, I will probably stay on that game mostly. Even tho I would like them to change inhib mechanics to dota's rax (same can be said for smite) even tho they changed the mechanic half (form peopel that don't know, rax are permantly destroyed each lane has 2 a ranged and melee upgrading the minions. If all rax are gone all minions get upgraded again. LoL does this by placing a 2nd super minion in each lane when all inhibs fall).
After my MOBA side we have the Strategic games side with the total war games, a lot of TBS in the style of civ or HoMM. And the by my roommate sparked Grand strategy/paradox games (stellaris, HOI4, CK2, EU4). After that most games like witcher or adventure or story games (AC series e.g.) spark my interest. Sadly most games end up being sparked and then either no time or lost interest end me up starting games over a lot not making progress to certain games endgame or getting far in the story.

Because I don't have my pc atm a lot of time goes to youtube or other series (3-4 series are planned to be rewatch/continued this vacation on ofc being GoT before the new season starts 6 seasons 6 days can I do it who knows probably not XD). On youtube most people I watch are game related (jacksepticeye, quill18) and my 2 favorite channels to watch are both LoL related. for MOBAS they make the better kind of format videos. They either use replays and fast forward to interesting parts or make more of a montage of the game. cause watching the long games is annoying AF and they can both do what other youtubers do in their 10-20 min vids instead of 30-40 min vids.

more questions?

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » July 3, 2017 6:50am | Report
I feel bad not beeing able to read all this before now.
But im surprised it got so much feedback and really fun to get a peek into your lives!:)

So random with all the biochemistry degrees!

Also Devampi, do you still play stellaris? Haven't played that in a while if you are interested in getting a game going? :)

Ill try and get some followup questions going throughout the day ^-^
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » July 3, 2017 2:20pm | Report
I'm getting my new pc so it should go a bit smoother now. However I like it more as an SP game as I limit myself to rules which would hurt me to much during a game in MP (Like only colonizing the home planet and gaia type even tho it isn't needed). And in general I'm pretty bad at most games in MP that I don't really like most competitive games.
The other reason is mostly because I can't play most games for more then several hours. idk really why.
Oh and pausing/time control in stellaris etc. gets really annoying.

And with my new pc I was planning on playing a lot of games I couldn't

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }