Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Anime Discussion :3

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Off Topic » Anime Discussion :3 517 posts - page 25 of 52
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » January 10, 2014 7:32pm | Report
It's a silly argument of semantics whether or not you want to call it cartoons or anime. They're the same exact damn thing.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » January 10, 2014 7:35pm | Report
Perhaps, but Tv Tropes lists Avatar: The Last Airbender tropes under Western Animation, so I'm kind of hard-wired into thinking like that.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » January 10, 2014 7:50pm | Report
While yes, anime is just cartoons, the main difference essentially is just that anime is from Japan. That simple.

Avatar is just a cartoon because it was made in a western country.
As weird as it is to say this, Panty and Stocking is anime because it is made in Japan.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » January 11, 2014 12:03am | Report
I'm fine with people categorizing them under different names simply to differentiate between the cultural influences that affect their content and production, but I hate when people act as if they're totally different genres. I'll equate them to how we're all humans, though I'm an American and someone else may be, say, Norwegian - we're different, yes, but it's not as stark of a contrast as I am to, say, a dolphin (I'm way prettier).

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sunfall » January 11, 2014 12:21am | Report
I think I've got a solution...

Panty & Stocking = Japanese Cartoon

Problem solved, everyone move along now.
Waiting on a good new MOBA, please.

Sunfall
<Veteran>

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Leon Porter » January 11, 2014 1:09am | Report
HiFromBuddha wrote:

IT'S MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORNING!

Anyway...

"Little Busters!" and "Little Busters! Refrain" were both produced by the ever so famous Key studios, which wrote produced highly acclaimed, and in the case of "Clannad: After Story", some times overrated anime series. However, all of Key's previous works were animated by Kyoto Animation, where as the newest entry from Key's franchise into an animated form is developed by the somewhat hated J.C Staff. Did they do a good job?

Probably.

You see, "Little Busters!" was hated on, but it was hated on predominately because it (apparently) did not follow the VN too closely. This caused the fans of the VN be disappointed, and out came the biased reviews which eventually meant that "Little Busters!"was regarded as an outcast, the failure of a son that failed to live up to the same level that the high school jock, straight aces student that "Clannad" and "Clannad: After Story" was. You see, all this bad reception eventually led to me going into "Little Busters! with low expectations.

So far, I think Little Busters might actually beat Clannad and Clannad After Stories. So far, it's been better than I expected. AIR was my least favorite work by Key, while it was pretty good, it didn't really hold a candle to Angel Beats, or Clannad and Clannad After Stories, and I can already tell I like Kanon and Little Busters better than AIR for sure.
But who knows, Clannad After Stories was REALLY good, so it'll be close.
Click the sig below, you can get ultimate godpack, and gems for free. PM me if you need any help with the site.

Leon Porter

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » January 11, 2014 1:11am | Report
Nagi no Asukara (A Lull in the Sea) has some of the best character progression/development I've ever seen.

It's still airing so I don't know how it turns out yet, but I can tell the drama is going to get strange considering the
midway point pretty major spoiler

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » January 11, 2014 5:56am | Report
God, first 15 seconds of Seitokai Yakuindomo 2, and we already have a sexual innuendo.

Oh Seitokai Yakuindomo, how I love you...
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » January 12, 2014 6:00am | Report
Welp, I just lost a bet with my sister, and now I'm watching Kaichou wa Maid-Sama next.
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » January 12, 2014 6:52pm | Report
Lol, I remember it actually being pretty entertaining when I watched in a while back. Seems like it'd right up your ally, and I recommend you watch Nagi no Asukara (A Lull in the Sea) afterwards.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }