Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Anime Discussion :3

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Off Topic » Anime Discussion :3 517 posts - page 23 of 52
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » January 3, 2014 6:58am | Report
Oh god. Episode 4 of ef: a Tale of Melodies and I got to the brink of tearing. Almost. *sigh* It find it incredibly hard to cry in anime after watching other certain animes... Which is a shame, because I actually enjoy crying. Before you call me a 'somewhat masochistic high schooler', I enjoy tearing for the sheer fact that it means I found something that's absolutely amazing...

The list so far for the anime that have made me tear:
Clannad (Damn you Fuuko)
Clannad:AS (Train scene with Ushio)
Kanon (Makoto arc)
Natsume Yuujinchou (Firefly lover, although that wasn't as 'hardcore' as the others)

I really want to add ef: a Tale of Melodies to that list.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » January 3, 2014 7:46am | Report
Ok, I'm sorry for double commenting, but seriously, I absolutely love ef: a Tale of Melodies.

You see, despite both being very similar, the atmosphere they both emit is very different. Ef: a Tale of Memories was a love story, through and through, where as ef: a Tale of Melodies is more of a tragedy story with romance woven between it, and therefore, I like it much more than ef: a Tale of Memories.

I also love how everything links together in ef: a Tale of Melodies. The reason why the two love stories in ef: a Tale of Memories were always parallel was for some completely ******** reason that is

Not very major spoilers

Of course, this is absolutely ********, but I managed to accept it.

Also

Not very major spoilers, but could possibly ruin the blindness factor of Melodies

Also, in my opinion, the group of characters the story is centered around in Melodies is much more likable and interesting, these characters being

Grow a pair if you think these spoilers actually matter

And, like I said above

Read these spoilers. I DARE you to (It's far from major admittedly)

and these scenes are an absolute joy to watch, as it gives us more on the after stories of Memories. It's a bit like weaving in an OVA for the first season in the second season.

Also the artistic scenes in Melodies are far higher, and to be honest, so are the complications, as the stories are no longer just "I can't love this person" and moreso... Well, I can't say it, as it will be spoilers.

Memories is like Joesph Swan, the man that came up and created a somewhat usable incandescent lightbulb, and Melodies is like Thomas Edison, the man that came and perfected the early forms of the light bulb into what we used less than half a decade ago. Weird analogy, I know, but it's what came first to my head.

Anyway, I'd like to specifically speak about Yuuko and Himura's story, as it is rather unique. The main focus of it isn't their love, but more so what is so bad about this relationship, what deep, dark secret is being kept from us. Like I said somewhere above, love is just woven into it, and it tells a different story. This is definitely a breath of fresh, as seeing 4 pure love stories consecutively would be pretty tedious, having one be something a bit different is welcome.
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » January 3, 2014 8:53am | Report
Sorry for triple posting, but after seeing ef: a Tale of Melodies episode six, I am just speechless. That was just... Wow. I just have no idea what to say, that was just amazing. Absolutely amazing. I felt like giving a standing ovation after watching that. It was chilling, heartbreaking, shocking, intense, breath-taking, just absolutely amazing. Bravo I say, bravo indeed.

Also, be sure to watch until after the credits. A lot of the episodes have a short scene at the end that relates to the story, and gives you some extra information.
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Leon Porter » January 3, 2014 11:47am | Report
HiFromBuddha wrote:

To be honest, I found Kanon to be better than Clannad, but doesn't come close to Clannad: AS.

Still, I believe Angel Beats reigns supreme.

I admit Clannad is good, but I honestly don't have a particular liking to it. It's good, but I can't say that it's a favourite of mine. In fact, if I had to rank my favourite anime of the ones I remember watching, Kanon would probably rank higher than Clannad and Clannad AS.

The voicemail scene from episode seven stands as one of my favourite scenes from any anime I've ever seen. Even though I watched it yesterday, I don't remember episode eight...

EDIT: Nevermind, I remember. Slight spoilers,
slight spoiler

Normally, when I mention Clannad, I mean as a whole, so both seasons. I do agree that After Stories was significantly better than the first season. Also, Angel Beats is amazing, I'm sure I'll rewatch it in the future.
Click the sig below, you can get ultimate godpack, and gems for free. PM me if you need any help with the site.

Leon Porter

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » January 4, 2014 6:19am | Report
I know I've praised it endlessly, but ef: a Tale of Melodies is just amazing. There's nothing else to say about it. It's just amazing. Please, for your own sake, watch it (but I definitely recommend watching Memories first).

EDIT: Just so you know, I'm tearing as I write this. So yes, I can add ef: a Tale of Melodies to the list.
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sunfall » January 4, 2014 9:45pm | Report
So Space Dandy is finally here, and it's looking to be a very funny anime! Once again, Studio bones does not disappoint.

I also love how it has this sort of 80's vibe to it, especially after I recently finished rewatching Fist of the North Star.
Waiting on a good new MOBA, please.

Sunfall
<Veteran>

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » January 5, 2014 9:38pm | Report
This was an entertaining five minute anime episode. Only has the first episode on crunchyroll right now, so don't worry, you won't get sucked in. :P

Gonna watch the entire season of Ef: a Tale of Melodies this Tuesday since I have the day off.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » January 7, 2014 11:24pm | Report
This anime is probably going to be fun. Is it going to have a deep, memorable plot? No. But there will be action! The cover-art worried me about the direction it might be headed, though...

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Leon Porter » January 8, 2014 9:27pm | Report
So far, I REALLY like Komari from Little Busters, she's so adorable.
Click the sig below, you can get ultimate godpack, and gems for free. PM me if you need any help with the site.

Leon Porter

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » January 8, 2014 10:58pm | Report
Leon Porter wrote:

So far, I REALLY like Komari from Little Busters, she's so adorable.

And then Kud comes along :3

Everyone in Little Busters is adorable in their own right. I mean, my favourite character, Nishizono, is adorable in the sense that she's so well-behaved and quiet that you just want to be with her (Oh god, it's happening. The 2Ds are reigning supreme).
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }