Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Solar Flare Patch TL;DR

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » News » Solar Flare Patch TL;DR 26 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » September 30, 2015 4:03pm | Report

New God:Sol

skills

Item Changes
There were only a few item changes this patch. If you're looking for a certain item change be sure to read the full patch notes.

Mail of Renewal

This item is certainly seeing some play as of the recent changes to it. We love this item since it has become a compelling choice, but it was slightly too efficient when the Passive proced. We are toning down the Passive to bring this item back into line.
  • Decreased passive healing from 20% → 15% of your maximum Health and Mana.

Bluestone Pendant
  • Reduced additional damage from 30 → 26 over 2s.
  • Now available in Assault.

Shoes of Focus
  • Now provides 250 Mana.

Shoes of the Magi
  • No longer provides 250 Mana.
  • Magical Power increased from 40 → 45.

God Changes
There were quite a few god changes made this patch. If you're looking for a certain god change be sure to read the full patch notes.

Apollo
  • The Moves
    • Increased the Knockback strength from 175 → 250.

Awilix

Often Awilix players find themselves having to hit a very small timing window from when someone took off to when they went behind a wall. We want to reward Awilix for saving the Ultimate to pull a fleeing opponent, even if they have jumped over a wall.
  • Gravity Surge
    • Can now pull enemies through walls with Gravity Surge.

Cabrakan
  • Refraction Shield
    • Reduced Cooldown from 14/13/12/11/10 → 10 at all ranks.

Chaac
  • Rain Dance
    • Slow increased from 5/10/15/20/25% → 20/25/30/35/40%.

He Bo
  • Atlas of the Yellow River
    • He Bo and his allies are now immune to Slow effects while on the River.

Hou Yi

Hou Yi is a Hunter who lacks a hard steroid to really allow him to box, instead focusing on landing powerful (and Stunning) Ricochets to make up for this. By lowering the Cooldown Hou Yi players should feel more impactful more often while also taking less of a risk when they go for those double bounce trick shots.
  • Ricochet
    • Reduced Cooldown from 14 → 10s.
    • Fixed an issue with projectile accuracy from the sides.
  • Dive Bomb
    • Increased Physical Damage Scaling from 30 → 60%.

Mercury

Mercury players who use Fastest God Alive to its fullest often see themselves landing very powerful in-hands out of their Ultimates or when ganking. We like this playstyle and how it forces people to go just far enough with their Ultimate so they can turn around and punch the god with a powerful hit. Because of this we have chosen to up the payoff potential of this Passive.
  • Fastest God Alive
    • Increased maximum damage bonus for distance travelled from 50% → 75%.
  • Special Delivery
    • Increased throw height from 300 → 350.

Nemesis
  • Retribution
    • Reduced Cooldown from 18 → 16.

Nox
  • Shadow Lock
    • This ability now Cripples, in addition to Roots.
  • Night Terror
    • Improved targeting accuracy.

Sobek

After looking at Sobek’s performance and his limiting factors, we chose to lower the Mana costs on his abilities as well as give his Ultimate more utility. Lowering his Mana costs means he should be able to protect his teammates and catch enemies much more often. Increasing the utility on his Ultimate means he has better engage potential with this ability, while also allowing this Ultimate to act as a much stronger deterrent for chasing enemies.
  • Charge Prey
    • Reduced Mana cost from 70/80/90/100/110 → 70/75/80/85/90.
  • Sickening Strike
    • Reduced Mana cost from 70/80/90/110/110 → 60/65/70/75/80.
  • Lurking In the Waters
    • Sobek now increases his Protections by 30% while submerged.
    • Slow increased from 15/20/25/30/35% → 20/25/30/35/40%.
Tyr
  • Change Stance
    • Increased Defense Stance Protections from 8/16/24/32/40 → 10/20/30/40/50.
    • Decreased cooldown from 15/14/13/12/11 → 14/13/12/11/10.

Xing Tian

When viewing Xing Tian’s performance, we noticed his Ultimate was still providing a high amount of damage tied to a very potent, potentially team-wide, Crowd Control effect. We have adjusted the scaling down, and increased the Cooldown to 100s at all ranks to control the potency of this skill to still be strong, but more manageable.
  • Whirlwind of Rage and Steel
    • Increased Cooldown from 100/95/90/85/80s → 100s at all ranks.
    • Reduced Magical Power Scaling from 20% → 10%.

Zhong Kui

Zhong Kui is a Mage that needs to get into the middle of the fight to be effective. While he has tools in his kit to help him, we felt that in too many situations he just didn’t have what he needed to get the job done. We have increased some of his base stats, as well as allowed him to have Magical Protection scaling to help him in later phases of the game. We will be watching these changes closely to see how it affects The Demon Queller.
  • Base Stats
    • Increased base Health from 400 to 450.
    • Increased Health per level from 75 to 85.
    • Increased Magical Protection per level from 0 to 0.9.

Art Updates

New God Skins
  • Supernova Sol
  • Grim Mariachi Loki
  • Golden/Legendary/Diamond Ravana
New Card Art
  • Kali Convention 2013

Remember, this is an abridged version of the official patch notes. For every single detail please read the official patch notes!
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » September 30, 2015 4:56pm | Report
Supernova Sol is the best recolor in the game ...

I have mixed feelings about her, I mean, she can be cool and all but she seems like a hybrid character for me. Doesn't help that her walking animation looks way to much like Hel XD.

To her kit :

At some point they'll have to remake her passive cuz it doesn't work amazingly on SMITE. MAYBE it could work with her 2 and her 1.

Her 1 is ... "Interesting"... I don't see a use for it to be upgraded first, unless you're playing jungle

Her 2 is the ability I would max first, it's her best ability, since at level 1 she can solo the atk speed creeps , using Soul Stone and Emerald Ring.

Her 3 is a " Hey my ***bha is gonna stun you and I'll make circles around you so if you try to leave I'll put you on fire and stun you " kind of deal, I like the "Immunity". I still have to test if it works with immunity to executes and ults like No Escape.

Her 4 is Honey but way cooler and better. Imagine that ability inside a Ring of Spears ? COMPLETE CHAOS !

I like the skins on this patch also

Also, I'm mad at the PTS. They got data from me from 2 months ago, not a week ago. My account on the PTS is without the GodPack and that's pure BS T_T
Signature by Stuke99, check out his Website Portfolio and his SmiteFire Profile!

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » September 30, 2015 5:06pm | Report
Haven't been able to get on the pts yet (having to redownload it since I uninstalled all my smite stuff the other week). I think what they meant by upgrading the 1 first is that you do that to take out red buff, then proceed to upgrade your 2.

Also her recolor is GORGEOUS.

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » September 30, 2015 5:11pm | Report
Zilby wrote:

Haven't been able to get on the pts yet (having to redownload it since I uninstalled all my smite stuff the other week). I think what they meant by upgrading the 1 first is that you do that to take out red buff, then proceed to upgrade your 2.

Also her recolor is GORGEOUS.

But her scaling on her 2 is way bigger than on her 1. Also, why did you uninstall ur smite stuff ?
Signature by Stuke99, check out his Website Portfolio and his SmiteFire Profile!

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » September 30, 2015 5:37pm | Report
Remember that computer thing where I thought Hi-Patch service was taking up too much resources so I put it on lower priority so then when a smite patch came it wouldn't download? Yeah that required me to do a full uninstall to get it working again :[[[

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by iReauxbot » September 30, 2015 6:24pm | Report
**** do I really have to uninstall the game and reinstall it? It took forver on this laptop to do so :/

iReauxbot

Memorable (11)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » September 30, 2015 7:01pm | Report
Smite is starting to power creep again.

They supposedly nerfed Apollo's dash knockback to avoid power creep of too much CC. Now they added it back.

And now we have a sustained damage mage hyper carry with a giant AoE nuke + knockup ult. Rumble's ult uses a similar mechanic in a straight line, and only slows, and probably does way less damage than the "+33% magical power and attack speed mage."

Don't get me wrong, it's nice to see that they're buffing Sobek, but all of their balance changes have revolved around "bring other gods to [blank]'s level" instead of "nerfing [blank]."

And, of course, Sol is Cortana while Mani's probably going to look like Tyr in a robe.

It's hard to tell what Sol is going to be like. We don't know too many factors, like how Heat dispersion works and her damage numbers and cooldowns. But I'm willing to bet she'll be overpowered since HiRez will compensate for her unclear role by shoving tons of stuff into her kit.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » September 30, 2015 7:11pm | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

Smite is starting to power creep again.

They supposedly nerfed Apollo's dash knockback to avoid power creep of too much CC. Now they added it back.

And now we have a sustained damage mage hyper carry with a giant AoE nuke + knockup ult. Rumble's ult uses a similar mechanic in a straight line, and only slows, and probably does way less damage than the "+33% magical power and attack speed mage."

Don't get me wrong, it's nice to see that they're buffing Sobek, but all of their balance changes have revolved around "bring other gods to [blank]'s level" instead of "nerfing [blank]."

And, of course, Sol is Cortana while Mani's probably going to look like Tyr in a robe.

It's hard to tell what Sol is going to be like. We don't know too many factors, like how Heat dispersion works and her damage numbers and cooldowns. But I'm willing to bet she'll be overpowered since HiRez will compensate for her unclear role by shoving tons of stuff into her kit.

In PTS she felt like she dealt a LOT of damage, but she also felt rather squishy, especially since she has no CC immune moves and her only escape is a speed up/slow immunity since she also lacks proper CC for control :/
She is quite unique, especially after playing her (her speed up is reminding me a bit of Aether lol), so I think it'll be quite hard to tell if she's balanced for a little while at least (I hope). Or I could be wrong and she's horrendously overpowered.. I don't know! But I do know I like her playstyle quite a lot compared to other recent gods that have come out.

As for power creep, the release of more and more powerful gods has been a trend with Hi-Rez, and yes, that is a problem from the power creep perspective. I'm at least glad that they're buffing older underplayed gods to still be viable compared to the more overpowered newer gods (is it perfect? No. But it's better than nothing). I will say though that Apollo didn't need that buff.

Also I FINALLY got the icon for sol in the first line, it's not on the internet ANYWHERE. I literally had to datamine the pts to get the damn thing.(this involved getting the correct program to do so as well).

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » September 30, 2015 11:34pm | Report
I think I can finnaly join the waifu wars because sol looks amazing.

And gotta agree with Sol having the best recolor (from god card perspective)

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » October 1, 2015 12:12am | Report
Devampi wrote:

I think I can finnaly join the waifu wars because sol looks amazing.

And gotta agree with Sol having the best recolor (from god card perspective)

It looks pretty amazing in game too.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }