Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

SMITEFire Guide Contest: A Frosty Welcome!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » News » SMITEFire Guide Contest: A Frosty Welcome! 43 posts - page 2 of 5
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » October 26, 2016 3:54pm | Report
FYI Zilby is a meanie-head. He's bashing me in chat for using my guide as an example of his points. I don't like him. =(
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by overld1 » October 26, 2016 3:58pm | Report
Well the best of the best is going to attend this contest this will be a great opportunity to join. I have one Ymir guide catching dust so I'll probably publish and update for this contest. I want some gems baby. One question for the gems is it PC only or is for all platforms.

overld1

Established (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » October 26, 2016 4:25pm | Report
Yo over, doesn't matter if you play on PC or console. Builds and strategies can remain the same in either case (for the most part).

Also, obviously those judging will not be submitting their own guides. And we will be playing no favorites...all submissions will be judged the same way.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » October 26, 2016 4:55pm | Report
Branmuffin17 wrote:

FYI Zilby is a meanie-head. He's bashing me in chat for using my guide as an example of his points. I don't like him. =(
I didn't bash you I just thought it was funny :P
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » October 26, 2016 5:00pm | Report
IS IT OR IS IT NOT A PRETTY GOOD EXAMPLE ZILBY

(oh and play tonight with me...i don't want to hear excuses about classes in the morning, projects, homework, sleep, whatever)
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by overld1 » October 27, 2016 9:12am | Report
Just saying it now if this contest actually does well, and plan in the future to do more of these. This would be great to try to get cotent creators to do guides on gods that haven't been touched for a while.

overld1

Established (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xZeroStrike » October 27, 2016 9:56am | Report
Thing is, those people need to actually know something about the god that's a contest for. Anybody could make a guide right now to try and win it. Even I could make a guide, but even though I'm fairly decent playing Ymir I don't feel my knowledge goes far enough to make a guide on him, especially not for a contest such as this one.

Furthermore, if we were to do a contest on every god that doesn't have guides yet, well we could just aswell give free medals. Every god has at least 1 guide for it.

Also, guides should be made for gods regardless of a contest or not. If people are just going to wait for a contest to roll around before making a guide, this site is going to get outdated or even empty really quickly.

It's a cool thing to do, but it shouldn't a method of "getting people to make a guide". It should be something to have fun with, and to give some recognition to those that do an excellent job at what this site is made for: guide making.

xZeroStrike
<Hunter Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (46)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Estidien » October 27, 2016 8:56pm | Report
I object this includes a screenshot from my guide and I'm not credited :3

Estidien
<Ambush Artist>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » October 27, 2016 9:15pm | Report
See, the thing is, Estidien, you don't NEED to be credited because you're already so badass that everyone sees it and KNOWS it's yours =)
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Mowen » October 31, 2016 10:43am | Report
Branmuffin17 wrote:

See, the thing is, Estidien, you don't NEED to be credited because you're already so badass that everyone sees it and KNOWS it's yours =)

EXACTLY!

B)

Mowen
<Production Coordinator>

Distinguished (57)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }