Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

[Site Update] Guide Ordering, Voting and more!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » News » [Site Update] Guide Ordering, Voting and more! 28 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Wayne3100 » April 5, 2016 4:26pm | Report
Guide Ordering

This change has been requested by the community before, and today we are here to deliver! From now on, guides and builds will be ordered by season, ensuring that only the most recent content will be displayed at the top for all users to see.

Below is an example of what a list of guides for a specific God will now look like:

As you can see, all season 3 guides and builds will always show up above guides and builds from season 2 (which in turn will show up above season 1, etc.), and guides will always be displayed above builds. For the record, we realize this update causes some listings to have several guides with a low amount of votes at the top right now, but this will sort itself out over time, so please be patient (or help out by voting on them yourself!) :)

Guide Voting - New Gods

In addition to the change above, we also made a small change to guides which are published pre-God release. While we like that members can share and discuss their ideas as soon as a new God is added to the database, we don't feel it makes much sense for them to vote during this period, and as such voting is now restricted until the new God transitions to the live servers and everyone has had a chance to practice and study the new God. Should a user try to vote during this time anyway, they will be greeted by the error message displayed on the left.

Miscellaneous
  • Hid the notifications bell in the top right (next to your username) - sorry for the bait!
  • Fixed an issue causing guides to display 25 ability slots rather than 20.
  • Guides that are older than 14 days and have less than 5 votes will no longer show as a "NEW GUIDE" in guide listings.
  • Fixed an issue causing guides with no comments on them to show "November 30, -0001" as the date of the most recent comment.

Let us know what you think of the updates by commenting below! ^_^

Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (45)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GameGeekFan » April 5, 2016 4:45pm | Report
A+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Plus a S and a S+ for extra measure.

THANK YOU WAYNEEEEEE!!!!!!

GameGeekFan
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (50)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » April 5, 2016 5:27pm | Report
Oh noes all my guides are outdated D:

On a serious note though this is definitely a big improvement :)
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » April 5, 2016 6:38pm | Report
Awesome, great improvement for navigation, thanks Wayne!
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by nanoyam » April 6, 2016 12:50am | Report
I absolutely love this idea. I think this improvement motivates all the guidemakers to keep their guides updated.

Thank you for this :3
Need help with guidecrafting? Need Review? Read my Guide!

nanoyam

Memorable (13)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by CakeSlapping » April 6, 2016 1:49am | Report
Awesome work Wayne!

Thanks for all the effort you (and anyone else who may have been involved) have put in to make these changes

CakeSlapping

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Mowen » April 6, 2016 4:49am | Report
Thanks so much for the feedback and thank yous, it means a lot to the team. <3

But more importantly we're glad you like the update! :D

Mowen
<Production Coordinator>

Distinguished (57)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Daelinn » April 6, 2016 5:04am | Report
Not only does it look tidy and clear, but will certainly be a great help in distinguishing up-to-date guides- 10/10 and great work!

Daelinn

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (25)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Bullfrog323 » April 6, 2016 6:20am | Report
This look nice.

When will it be updated ?

Bullfrog323

Prominent (27)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by CakeSlapping » April 6, 2016 6:30am | Report
Bullfrog323 wrote:

This look nice.

When will it be updated ?

It's already updated Bullfrog.

Just a quick question, what does the green box with FR in it, next to the guide title, mean?

CakeSlapping

Prominent (29)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }