Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Season 4 Guide Contest - Write, Vote, or Comment to Win!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » News » Season 4 Guide Contest - Write, Vote, or Comment to Win! 134 posts - page 1 of 14
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dash » February 6, 2017 7:30am | Report

We're kicking off SMITE Season 4 with a guide contest! You can win awesome prizes by writing a guide for one of the classes, or by commenting or voting on one!

Guide Contest (10 Winners)
We'll be separating the guide contest into the 5 different classes in the game. Contestants will have 3 weeks to enter.

How do you enter?
  • Simply create or update a guide during the contest dates (February 6th - 27th) and boom, you're automatically entered!

A sweet skin for a god that fits the role your guide won.

Gems! 2,500 for our guide winners

Badge + Forum Title

To qualify for the guide contest your guide must have at least 2500 characters (characters, not words, includes bbcode) and a properly filled out build - skill sequence, talents, and at least core items in the item purchase order. Guides and item builds must be competitive in the current meta.

If you want feedback for your guide simply leave a comment in this post! The SMITEFire community will be happy to help by giving your guide feedback. :)

Contest Categories (2 Winners per Class)

There are 5 classes in SMITE: Assassin, Hunter, Mage, Warrior, and Guardian. In case you’re unfamiliar with these allow me to break it down. Each of these classes has a specific role to fill, and no single pantheon claims these rolls all to itself. On top of that no single god rules the class they’re placed in.

Assassin - "Stabby McStabberson And Co."

These are generally melee gods who excel at the jungle area of the map. But that’s not all, these aren’t one trick ponies, no sir. Assassins live off the blood of enemy gods (we cannot confirm that this statement is true). Their main purpose is to destroy the back line of the enemy team. They dish out high burst damage and can usually run away before the rest of the enemy team knows what happened. This class is great for those who like to get up in the enemy’s face and cause some serious damage.

The winners will receive the Laughing Skull skin for Bakasura, 2,500 Gems, a Season 4 gold Assassin badge, and the “Stabby McStabberson” forum title.

Guardian - "Is That The Best You Can Do?"

This class is the shield of the team, they’re usually gods who provide crowd control and can take a beating. Why would anyone want to do that? Rumor has it they’re the valorous type, wanting to protect the heavy hitters (carries) on their team from sneaky Assassins who would do them in. This class is great for those who like to be the wall between the enemy and your carries.

The winners will receive the Deathcap skin for Sylvanus, 2,500 Gems, a Season 4 gold Guardian badge, and the "Meat Shield" forum title.

Hunter - "Pew Pew Pew!"

Ah Hunters, these are the heavy hitting ranged gods. They’re also known as carries, and super stars (not really they just think that way about themselves). Hunters deal a great deal of damage from afar via their basic attack. Their job is to secure kills and farm minions. Why you ask? Well it’s due to the fact that they’re very item dependent. This class is great for those who want to dish out punishment from afar, and watch the enemy team suffer.

The winners will receive the Natures Guardian skin for Rama, 2,500 Gems, a Season 4 gold Hunter badge, and the “Pew Pew Pew!” forum title.

Mage - "Yer A Wizard Harry"

Mages, they throw on robes and hats and sling spells at the enemy team like there’s no tomorrow. Some say it’s a refined way, others say they’re just nerds. Mages deal a large amount of magical damage with their abilities; you can usually find them in mid-lane. In team fights they’re usually along side the Hunter hitting hard from afar. This class is great for those who like unicorns and death.

The winners will receive the Expelled skin for Hel, 2,500 Gems, a Season 4 gold Mage badge, and the “Wonderful Wizard” forum title.

Warrior - "Punch And Punch Again!"

Warriors are melee fighters who can take a bit of a beating but dish out damage as well. Think of them as a hybrid between Assassin and Guardian. They can’t replace these roles but they do a good job joining the team’s Guardian on the front line, like a battle buddy! This class is great for those who want to deal damage while taking a few licks.

The winners will receive the King Ar-Tyr skin for Tyr, 2,500 Gems, a Season 4 gold Warrior badge, and the “Punch Time!” forum title.

What Will the Guides be Judged On? (Quality Stuff)

Build Quality - a good guide needs a good build

What would a good guide be without a good build? If you don't buy any items you probably aren't going to do very well! So first thing's first, tell us what to buy! (under the Items tab) of your guide.

Purchases tell your readers what order they should buy their items in, it’s pretty nifty.

Depth of Information - now tell us how to play!

What order do you level your skills in? Do you wait for a certain moment to use a skill? How do you play against this god or that god? All these little details should not only teach beginners the basics, but teach experienced players little tips and tricks they may not have known before. We've jotted down a list of common topics to touch on in a guide below.
  • Skill order
  • How to use your skills effectively
  • First purchase
  • Build order and how to counterbuild
  • Tips and tricks
  • Matchups and synergy
  • Other game concepts such as team fighting, jungling, pushing, map objectives, etc

Formatting and Readability - add some polish

If your guide has typos everywhere and all the text is in bright blue it might be a little hard to read. We're not saying that every guide writer should be Rembrandt, but take some time to proofread and add some formatting to your guide to help readers quickly find important information. Below are some coding help threads, and please feel free to PM us or leave a comment if you want any more help!
Now, all you have to do is get started!

What Are The Rules? (For Guide Authors)
  • You must create or update your guide by February 27th

• Your guide must fulfill these material requirements:
    • At least 2500 characters
    • At least one build with a filled out skill order and items

• You're allowed to make changes to your guide at any time.

• Plagiarism is strictly prohibited and will automatically disqualify your guide.
    • NOTE: God builds and bbcode do not belong to any one writer and do not fall under plagiarism rules

Who's Judging This Contest? (Some Classy Folks)

Here are our illustrious judges! However, the opinion of the community will also count towards the final decision.

If you want to assist with judging just PM Dash with your SMITE player name and why you feel like you'd be a good judge.

Participation Winners (10 Total)

We understand that guide creation may not be for everyone so by being an active member of the site you'll be entered for a chance to win 1 of 10 codes for 800 Gems and the Peregrine skin for Nike! So what does being an active member mean?
  • Write a guide
  • Post a constructive comment
  • Vote on the guides submitted.
  • It's as simple as that

Giveaway winners will get the Peregrine skin for Nike

And 800 Gems!

Fine Print (For Clarity's Sake)

• Guides must be crafted to reflect the current state of the game.

• Open to registered SMITEFire members only. Not a member? Register now and craft your guide!

• Contest is worldwide.

• Contest will be closed 3 weeks from the start.

• After contest is closed there will be a 1 week judging period.

• Winners will be notified by email after the judging period and will have 7 days to claim their prize.

Dash

Memorable (13)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by overld1 » February 6, 2017 8:17am | Report
Well then that time of year is here at last. Now I have to think that I should do my Ra guide, or update my Camazotz guide, or my Chaac guide, or do a Izanami guide, or do a Xing Tian guide. There's too many choices.

overld1

Established (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » February 6, 2017 8:57am | Report
Hype ! This was finally announced ! Time to judge ya'll decisions on life without being called a scumbag! YAY!
Signature by Stuke99, check out his Website Portfolio and his SmiteFire Profile!

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Technotoad64 » February 6, 2017 9:13am | Report
Just so we're clear, how much are judges allowed to help?
#ffe699 #ffff99 #e6ff99 #ccff99 #afff99 #99ff99 #99ffb3 #99ffcc #99fff3 #99f3ff #99e6ff #99ccff
#ffcc33 #ffff33 #ccff33 #99ff33 #66ff33 #33ff33 #33ff66 #33ff99 #33ffcc #33ffff #33ccff #3399ff
#cc9900 #cccc00 #99cc00 #66cc00 #33cc00 #00cc00 #00cc33 #00cc66 #00cc99 #00cccc #0099cc #0066cc
#664d00 #666600 #4d6600 #336600 #1a6600 #006600 #00661a #006633 #00664d #006666 #004d66 #003366

Technotoad64
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (46)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Bernardozomer » February 6, 2017 9:18am | Report
Cool. I don't even know if I actually stand a chance, but I'm willing to try.
#9e2aff #a12bfd #af29e8 #bd29d0 #c828be #d728a8 #d728b0 #e02899 #ee2891 #f02887 #d72875 #d72860
#8a42ff #9c30f6 #ab21ec #b329e4 #b829d9 #ca29c7 #d429bd #de299f #ee2887 #e62873 #e03163 #e53d44
#7b54ff #8d39f6 #a311f4 #a22afb #ae29ed #b63dc7 #a247c7 #ca3d9f #ee3175 #e6325f #e94348 #f14f2c
#676cff #793fff #910aff #871ef5 #7f2ee4 #7542da #665bc7 #8e519f #c04777 #f0464b #f2552d #fc6410
#5384ff #6545ed #7b00e0 #6b1ada #5738d0 #4356d0 #2d74cc #5c65b3 #985b77 #dc5037 #e94c1b #de4606
#3598fe #4750da #5d00a8 #4423b2 #2b46bc #1762c4 #008fcc #377b9f #636b7b #9a574e #d73a12 #c12300

Bernardozomer
<Meat Shield>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (33)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by overld1 » February 6, 2017 11:42am | Report
Question is there a limit for how many guides you could do for the contest?

overld1

Established (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dash » February 6, 2017 11:50am | Report
No limit but you only win once :)

Dash

Memorable (13)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Shlappz » February 6, 2017 11:50am | Report
How convenient that I decided to update my Medusa guide today. I'd appreciate feedback and tips, thanks!
Check Out My Guide(s)!

Shlappz
<Pew Pew Pew!>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by overld1 » February 6, 2017 11:54am | Report
So more detailed guides you have the higher chances to get one prize. Seems about right.

overld1

Established (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by overld1 » February 6, 2017 11:56am | Report
Just updated my Ra guide so now it's all set for Season 4 check it out for feedback and some criticizing. Here's the link to it.

overld1

Established (18)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }