Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Janus Revealed - Upcoming Patch Notes and Stream Recap

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » News » Janus Revealed - Upcoming Patch Notes and Stream Recap 53 posts - page 1 of 6
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Alan LaFleur » May 22, 2014 5:11pm | Report

HiRez released the notes for the patch scheduled to be released on Wednesday, May 28th. We now have information on the God of Doors and Portals, Janus. Or you might want to refer to him as the ultimate map movement God. His abilities, Portal and Through Space and Time, create portals that you can walk through and instantly transport to the other side. The ultimate, Through Space and Time, create many portals in a line where Janus and his team can go from one side of the map to the other in mere seconds. Ganks from Janus will be that which nightmares are made of.

Also, they changed the warrior class to be a "jack of all trades but master of none" class. They mostly nerfed attack speed and in-hand damage. Their goal here is to align the warrior to be somewhere in-between an assassin and a guardian.

Bart's response to the reaction of warrior mains everywhere

Another huge change is that roots and cripples are no longer counted as hard crowd control. Roots and cripples will no longer count towards diminishing returns or be reduced by it. Also, means that an item like Magi's Blessing will no longer block a root or cripple.

Item Changes
  • Draining Blade: Physical Penetration reduced from 10 to 0.
  • Magi's Blessing: Now correctly protects against Hercules Earthbreaker toss.
  • Malice: Cost reduced to 2900 and additional damage increased from 60% to 75% of your total power over 3s.
  • Devourer's Gauntlet: Price reduced from 750/1565/2150 to 650/1465/2050
  • Rage: Physical Power increased from 20 to 30 but the item no longer provides an Attack Speed bonus.

Balance

You'll want to check out the patch notes for all the warrior changes.

Alan LaFleur

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Alan LaFleur » May 22, 2014 5:13pm | Report
What do you all think about the warrior changes?

Personally, I don't like it when a patch is this disruptive because it feels as if the developers are trying to make the games play out in a certain way instead of letting the players be creative. Just my .02

Alan LaFleur

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » May 22, 2014 5:50pm | Report
I was so happy about the warrior nerf and a bunch of the patch notes in general like:

Agni, Zeus, and tyr nerf

Nem** class change

Zhong buff

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by OGBlackPanther » May 22, 2014 6:01pm | Report
The warrior nerf was well needed as you could put them in either position and they would shine more than junglers and tanks were. Tanks are comprised of pretty much nothing but cc, they're made for support, yet everyone just chooses warriors like swk or guan. I'd also like to bring up Drybear's point, you release ***ba, high damage potential, major cc. Yet people still chose warriors as support over him. That's ridiculous. You may as well have not brought him out at all. Warriors were broken in their effectiveness. This just makes them that more difficult to do high damage as support or have good defenses as an assassin. I'm very happy about the nerf.

Only thing I don't like with this patch is that the two lowest tier adc's, Xbalanque and Cupid aren't getting the buffs lots of people feel they deserve. Here we have two gods with bad early games. Cupid got a buff, that's a step in the right direction, but Xbalanque's been ignored for quite some time. His wave clear is atrocious and he's only ever good when he gets kills early, which goes for pretty much any god but a support.

OGBlackPanther

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kalafalafakah » May 22, 2014 6:15pm | Report
The Rage, Zeus, and Bastet nerfs (and a few of the warrior ones) are all quite crippling. I do like that they nerfed Poseidon though. I also like that none of my favorite gods are getting messed with. It makes things more simple for me. Overall it is a interesting patch and I look forward to seeing what it's long term effects on the game will be.

Kalafalafakah

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Reverend Belial » May 22, 2014 6:40pm | Report
Bye bye warriors I guess... I can understand some of those nerfs, but hitting them that hard really wasn't necessary.
Chaac and Ah baby! Chaac and Ah...

Reverend Belial

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » May 22, 2014 6:46pm | Report
^ Sums up my feelings in a nutshell.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Mordo » May 22, 2014 7:00pm | Report
TBH i am going to want to see if you can combo Janus and Merc's combos as the 60% movement buff (assuming full ranks in 3 for Janus) plus Mercs normal end game buffs could be a full team killer

Mordo

Remarkable (9)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aphnex » May 22, 2014 7:09pm | Report
Come on, those nerfs weren't that bad. I can't support them either because I haven't played it. But just saying they were completely obliterated is a bit much. Seriously, be more optimistic.

Aphnex

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FerrumSlash » May 22, 2014 7:28pm | Report
This is just... no. Why do they have to remove Zeus' stun? The arc's reduced range is ok, but removing the stun means Zeus just can't compete without har cc (like Scylla or Agni)

And the warrior nerf in general. "Jack of all trades"? Fk that. We'll see if they can compete though.

Also, Bastet no longer gains on-demand cc-immunity.

I'll make most of my time this weekend before Zeus gets nerfed and win thise free gems and double favor :)

FerrumSlash
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (70)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }