Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

[Community Spotlight] ThePerfectPrism

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » News » [Community Spotlight] ThePerfectPrism 11 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Wayne3100 » March 31, 2018 4:07pm | Report

Hello all and welcome to the March 2018 Community Spotlight!

This month's interview features ThePerfectPrism! Joining the site as early as February of the year 2014, Prism has left his mark on the community by publishing numerous guides, helping judge several guide contests and sharing his knowledge in threads all across the forums. Based on inspiration gained from other community members, we conducted a list of questions to ask him in regards to his experiences on SMITEFire, his time playing SMITE and his personal life. Let's go!

1. As always, let's start by talking about the site and its community. How did you first stumble across SMITEfire, and what made you stay?

Well, I stumbled across Smitefire while looking for a build... I believe it was for Zhong Kui, back in 2014. Then, I started using the site as an "ok, lemme check these guides and decide which god I should buy next" tool. One of my earliest memories is reading BestMinionEver's Ne Zha guide and, because of it, buying the god and giving him a shot. Of course, I sucked, but at least I had fun and didn't regret buying him lol.

2. Throughout your time on the site, you've interacted with many, many different members. Are there any that stand out to you as being especially helpful to you (now or back when you first joined)?

Wow ok, here comes a unpopular opinion: Subzero. Not only did he have my back when me and FemFatalis were being harassed, but he also gave me an idea of how real life was. He was hard, cold, and most of the times over-analytical and wrong. Which, if you think about it, is the bad aspect of life.

3. You are known among other things for having written several guides on the website. What was the first guide you created and do you remember what made you decide to do so?

My first guide wasn't a guide, it was a build for Aphrodite Support, which today is archived! My first guide guide was Athena support! After like 3-4 guides, I decided to republish the Aphrodite Support build, but then as a guide! So yeah.

I decided to make the Support Aphrodite guide because I didn't see a single guide for it on SmiteFire, and I just knew there were people like me that hated the idea of HAVING to play a Guardian in the support role, and I wanted to try Aphro, a healer, something different!

4. Following up on the last question, how do you feel writing guides has helped you improve as a player? Also, are there any (early) guides you regret writing now?

It DEFINITELY helped! Writing down stuff made me realize key mistakes regarding my tactics, and gave me the chance to improve drastically!

This is a fact that actually NO ONE knows about, but I wrote a Cupid guide once, and I frecking archived it like 1-2 months after because it was just HORRIBLE, Jesus I regret it so much lol.

5. Lastly, if you were given complete control over the website, what would be the first change you'd make? What impact do you think implementing this change would have on the site?

Oh I would totally add that Matchup bar thing that the other fire sites have! It would make one of the coolest and most space-consuming aspects of guides, the Matchups section, so much more dynamic and resourceful!

6. Let's move on to SMITE. After you first encountered the game, what made you decide to give it a try? Which god(s) were you initially drawn to the most?

Well I have to thank my old favorite Youtuber, SlyFoxHound, for introducing me to the game. He used to be a BIG Smite streamer back in beta, and after watching a couple of matches, I had already been COMPLETELY drawn to this genre of gaming and really wanted to give it a try, but couldn't get used to the top-down gameplay of other MOBAs.

I remember that Ra used to be my favorite character, until I started playing Artemis. It took me like 1-2 months to actually buy the gods which are my mains today! Also, fun story, I'm only an Aphrodite main because one of my old Smite friends dared me to make her my first Diamond!

7. How has the time you invest into playing SMITE developed over the years and what was your favorite SMITE season to participate in?

So back in beta I would play the game for 2-3 hours daily, which increased to 5-8 hours daily in Season 1, 2 and 3. Of Course, I took a break from the game during the transition from Season 1 to Season 2. Then, I only REALLY played Season 4 during its first 2-3 months and again at the very end of the season. And, contrary to popular believe, I've been playing Season 5 almost every week on the PS4!

My favorite Season was definitely Season 2. It was the least broken but still most fun season. I also have a lot of found memories from it, which ends up increasing its place in my heart!

8. Which role do you currently main, and what made you decide to pick that role over the other ones?

Well, I'm a Support main, if that hasn't been made clear by my "Become the Guardian of the Gods" guide. Back in my pre-teen years, I didn't have really good gaming equipment (I still don't, lol) and it was just easier to play Support than other roles! Also, I'm a Hufflepuff. We like to support the people we believe in!

9. While preparing for this interview, I couldn't help but notice your profile mentions several gods which you suck at (your words, not mine). Are there any gods among those which you still enjoy playing and wish you were (a lot) better at?

Oh Zeus yes! I REALLY REALLY REALLY wish I could play Agni! I think he has one of the most difficult kits in the game, especially his ult. I really wish I could be good at him lol.

10. Of course, we can't end this section without asking the classic 'favorites' question. Which gods are your (current) favorites, and which one would you rather never play again?

So my favorite gods are Aphrodite, Athena, Neith, Bastet and Nu Wa, in that order (they're my diamonds, after all!).

If I could, I would NEVER EVER play Anhur, Arachne, Erlang Shen, Hachiman and Kali. I just don't have the profile for their type of playstyle.

11. Before we wrap things up, let's talk about a few more personal topics, starting with gaming in general. How long have you been gaming and what are some of the main games you're playing right now?

I've been gaming since I was a child! My mother is an avid Tomb Raider fan, she has played every single game, except the new remake ones! Also, my dad is a fan of the soccer/shooter genres! I remember my first game was a Rainbow Six one (I think). I have this specific memory of the first stage of the game being in this facility, and you had like 3-4 bots with you, and you had to get into this industrial plant, and there were a lot of booby traps in it, and a ton of enemies to shoot at.

Right now, I'm mostly playing on the PS4 (graphics y'all), and my favorite games that I'm playing atm are Final Fantasy XV, Horizon: Zero Dawn and XCOM 2!

12. Overall, what kind of influence do you think gaming has had on your life? Do you ever wish you had spent less time on it (over spending time on other social events, for example) or do you think that would've had a negative impact on your life as a whole?

I think that had I not played video games as much as I did, I wouldn't be who I am today, and I would possibly be depressed. For YEARS my friend FROM THIS VERY SITE were the only friends I had in life, so to think of the possibility of not playing video games at all/less than I did is kind of insane. I owe A LOT to video games, not only to all the dopamine it gave to my brain as well as all of it stories. Games have always been more accepting to things which TV and cinema are only catching up to now. I think if it wasn't for gaming, coming out to my parent (WHICH I DID EARLIER THIS MONTH Y'ALL - only to my mother though because my dad is a homophobe) wouldn't have been as easy.

13. You mentioned in response to the last interview that one of your other interests is writing. What made you start doing this and which story genre(s) are you most interested in?

I took up writing as a hobby from one of my ex-boyfriends. He's a part-time writer, and one day I decided I would make him a poem to show how much I liked him. When he read it, he told me that I should try writing a novel, which I'm doing right now (it's in Portuguese though). When we broke up I took a break from writing my novel and decided to focus almost solely on poems, which I have to say I'm shook at how good I am at trying, not trying to be modest. When I show people my poems, they're just surprised at how well I can translate my feelings into words, and how much of me I can put in them, while also not putting that much "me" in it, if that makes sense lol.

14. As some/most of the regulars know, you currently live in o melhor país do mundo Brazil. What can you tell us about what it's like to live there, what do you like/dislike most about it?

Ok guys, lemme tell you something so we can have common ground. Brazil is MUCH more than butts, soccer and a big mix of lots of ethnicities! Brazil is the country with the biggest Pride Parade in the world! We're also one of the favorite places of many artists, mainly because we don't let them do their show! We sing their songs so loud that they actually give up singing and just point the microphone to the crowd! Literally, there's no bigger compliment to Brazilians than to stop singing and just point the microphone to us. We also have THE BEST MEMES, STOP QUACKING AMERICA!

While that's all fun and games, there's an evil just as big here. I think the main problem in Brazil right now is corruption. Most of our political leaders have their name being investigated by Federal Police for involvement in money laundering, the infamous Operation Car Wash. One of the biggest candidates for presidency (for which voting occurs this year) is Jair Bolsonaro, an evangelic extremist, known for his homophobia, sexism, and overall insanity. He literally told a Senate member that the only reason he wouldn't rape her is because she's ugly. Yeah, it's scary to think this guy is even allowed to pursue a political career...

15. Finally, what is a random fact about you that you never got the chance to tell us?

I'm allergic to heated peanuts. Literally I can eat peanuts fine, but if they're heated in any way, shape or form I get allergic to them. It's really really really weird.

Thanks to Janitsu for the signature!

Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (45)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Wolfman5665 » March 31, 2018 6:26pm | Report
Prism, if I may ask...

Why do you hate Arachne?

Wolfman5665

Remarkable (6)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » April 1, 2018 12:33pm | Report
Wolfman5665 wrote:

Prism, if I may ask...

Why do you hate Arachne?

I don't have the skills to play her! And it annoys me everytime I suck at something and I get destroyed by someone who is good at that thing I suck at, and that's pretty much it!
Signature by Stuke99, check out his Website Portfolio and his SmiteFire Profile!

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » April 1, 2018 12:40pm | Report

I don't have the skills to play her! And it annoys me everytime I suck at something and I get destroyed by someone who is good at that thing I suck at, and that's pretty much it!

Arachne doesn't require a lot of skill to play! She's actually pretty easy to get a hang of, but a lot of people don't like her because she's great at boxing and pubstomping. The only thing you can really mess up with is landing your 3 and positioning. Find a lone someone, catch them with webs and then it's simply follow, 1/2, autoattack until dead. Save your ult for an escape/finish, and that's about it.

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » April 1, 2018 1:50pm | Report
Greenevers wrote:

Arachne doesn't require a lot of skill to play! She's actually pretty easy to get a hang of, but a lot of people don't like her because she's great at boxing and pubstomping. The only thing you can really mess up with is landing your 3 and positioning. Find a lone someone, catch them with webs and then it's simply follow, 1/2, autoattack until dead. Save your ult for an escape/finish, and that's about it.

Welp, I can't do it. Maybe I'm just too dumb to make it work lol.
Signature by Stuke99, check out his Website Portfolio and his SmiteFire Profile!

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Gulfwulf » April 1, 2018 5:23pm | Report

Welp, I can't do it. Maybe I'm just too dumb to make it work lol.

You aren't alone. Then again, I struggle with just about every assassin.

Gulfwulf
<Guardian Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (81)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xmysterionz » April 2, 2018 7:31am | Report
Hahahaha nice to see another Brazillian here, the best memes come from here hahaha. I loved how you described our country "It's much more than butts, soccer..." hahahahaha. Besides, what a good interview, nice to see someone that hates Arachne as much as I do.

xmysterionz
<Sharpshooter>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (71)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » April 2, 2018 8:01am | Report
The good old Ne Zha guide, I miss when you could solo GF at like 8 minutes if you managed to get fed and finished old Soul Eater. Glad you didn't regret buyimg him.

Maybe I have to fix an Arachne and Kali guide for you ;)
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Bernardozomer » April 2, 2018 3:05pm | Report
xmysterionz wrote:

Hahahaha nice to see another Brazillian here, the best memes come from here hahaha. I loved how you described our country "It's much more than butts, soccer..." hahahahaha. Besides, what a good interview, nice to see someone that hates Arachne as much as I do.

PUTA MERDA, AGORA TÊM 3!
#9e2aff #a12bfd #af29e8 #bd29d0 #c828be #d728a8 #d728b0 #e02899 #ee2891 #f02887 #d72875 #d72860
#8a42ff #9c30f6 #ab21ec #b329e4 #b829d9 #ca29c7 #d429bd #de299f #ee2887 #e62873 #e03163 #e53d44
#7b54ff #8d39f6 #a311f4 #a22afb #ae29ed #b63dc7 #a247c7 #ca3d9f #ee3175 #e6325f #e94348 #f14f2c
#676cff #793fff #910aff #871ef5 #7f2ee4 #7542da #665bc7 #8e519f #c04777 #f0464b #f2552d #fc6410
#5384ff #6545ed #7b00e0 #6b1ada #5738d0 #4356d0 #2d74cc #5c65b3 #985b77 #dc5037 #e94c1b #de4606
#3598fe #4750da #5d00a8 #4423b2 #2b46bc #1762c4 #008fcc #377b9f #636b7b #9a574e #d73a12 #c12300

Bernardozomer
<Meat Shield>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (33)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » April 2, 2018 3:40pm | Report

The good old Ne Zha guide, I miss when you could solo GF at like 8 minutes if you managed to get fed and finished old Soul Eater. Glad you didn't regret buyimg him.

Maybe I have to fix an Arachne and Kali guide for you ;)

Pretty Please?

xmysterionz wrote:

Oi Turu Baum?

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }