Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

7/17 Post - Chronos Balance Patch

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » News » 7/17 Post - Chronos Balance Patch 17 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BullD0G » July 16, 2013 2:08pm | Report

SMITE Open Beta Patch Notes

by Hirez Maria | Jul 17, 2013

New Skins:

• Golden Bacchus

General:

Item Sellback

• Item sellback has been rewritten to fix bugs that allowed sellback of items at full price when they had not been purchased during the last set of purchases.
  • Removed the 10 second rule.
  • Removed the constraint of only the last item.
  • You can now sell back all items that have been purchased while at the store.
  • Removed english hardcoded queue names.
  • Fixed a bug where you couldn't use ALT + number row keys for key binding.
  • Store item filters have been rearranged.
  • Starter Items now have their own filter.
  • To be considered in combat, you must now have either taken damage or dealt damage within the last 5 seconds.
  • The free god rotation has been changed to Apollo, Freya, Guan Yu, Odin and Sobek.

3v3 Joust Queue:

New casual queue

• Party's up to 3
  • Added new first win of the day

Conquest Map:

Map Changes:

• The side lane towers on the Gold Fury side of the map have been stationed further apart than those on the Fire Giant side lane.
  • Corrected an issue in the Fire Giant lair where players could hit the Fire Giant outside the range of lava flow ability.
  • The middle Fury XP camps now have two large furies, rather than one large and two small, making them worth significantly more xp and gold.
  • Cooldown and Mana camps have design changes (see below).
  • You no longer get gold from minions that have taken damage from your tower.

Buff camps

• The mana and cooldown camps have been combined and then multiplied, like a virus. The new camp provides:

Buff consolidation:

Old camps:
  • Mana = +7 mana per second
  • Cooldown = 15% cooldown reduction
New camps:
  • Mana = +5 mana per second and 10% cooldown reduction
  • There is now a combined mana/cooldown camp in each of the 4 corners of the map.

Items:

Aura items

The radius of the aura items have been increased and now fall into 3 categories:

Buffs are 70 feet: Debuffs are 55 feet:
Damage is 25 feet:
  • Mystical Mark

Bumba's Mask
  • The full XP reward bonus for not getting the last hit has been removed. You still get the full gold reward bonus when not getting the last hit.
Doom Orb

• You now gain 2 stacks for god kills.
  • On death, the item loses half its stacks.

Gem of Binding
  • This is a new 3rd tier item, built off of Gem of Isolation.
+70 Magical Power
+250 Health
+250 Mana
PASSIVE - Enemies hit by your basic attacks will move 25% slower for 2 seconds.

Girdle of Might
  • The ground target FX was properly changed to a 35 foot radius.instead of a 20 foot radius. The ability itself was unaffected by this change.
Heartseeker
  • You now gain 2 stacks for god kills.
  • On death, the item loses half its stacks.
Shield
  • This is a new 3 tier item with 2 top tier branches:
Runic Shield

+60 Magical Protection
+20 Physical Power
+15 HP5
PASSIVE - When you are damaged by an ability, your magical protection is increased by 30 for 8 seconds. Can only occur once every 30 seconds.

Shield of Regrowth

+60 Magical Protection
+20 Physical Power
+15 HP5
PASSIVE - When you are damaged by an ability, your HP5 is doubled for 8 seconds. Can only occur once every 30 seconds.

Shielded Teleport
  • This item is now usable on allied towers and wards.
Teleport
  • The price of this consumable has been reduced from 250 to 125 gold.
  • This consumable is now usable only on allied towers.
Void Stone
  • The magical protections of this item have been reduced from 20/40/60 to 10/30/50.
  • The protection debuff aura has been reduced from 25 to 15.
A new tier 3 option off of Void Stone:
Focused Void Stone
+50 Magical Power
+50 Magical Protection
PASSIVE - You gain +25 magical penetration.

Voidblade
  • The physical protections of this item have been reduced from 20/40/60 to 10/30/50.
  • The protection debuff aura has been reduced from 25 to 15.
A new tier 3 option off of Voidblade

Focused Voidblade
+30 Physical Power
+50 Physical Protection
PASSIVE - You gain +25 physical penetration.

Watcher's Gift
  • This item now also gives the owner an additional 1 gold every 5 seconds.
Wards
  • Fixed an issue where you couldn't destroy a ward when the enemy team was channeling to teleport.
  • The range of both wards have been set to 55 feet.

Active Items

New items:

Shard

Tier 1

Using this item gives you a heal equal to 3% of your maximum health, plus an additional 3% per charge. Charges are gained when an enemy god uses an ability within 80 feet. Max. 9 charges. Cooldown - 180s.

Tier 2

Using this item gives you a heal equal to 3% of your maximum health, plus an additional 3% per charge. Charges are gained when an enemy god uses an ability within 80 feet. Max. 9 charges. Cooldown - 120s.

Tier 3 - Restoration Shard

Using this item gives you a health and mana heal equal to 4% of your maximum health and mana, plus an additional 4% per charge. Charges are gained when an enemy god uses an ability within 80 feet. Max. 9 charges. Cooldown - 120s.

Tier 3 - Static Shard

Using this item gives yourself a shield that reflects 2% of damage done to you back to the attacker, plus an additional 2% per charge for 6 seconds. Charges are gained when an enemy god uses an ability within 80 feet. Max. 9 charges. Cooldown - 120s.

Shell

Tier 1

Using this item gives the owner and his allies a +15 protections buff for 5 seconds. Cooldown - 90s.

Tier 2

Using this item gives the owner and his allies a +30 protections buff for 5 seconds. Cooldown - 90s.

Tier 3 - Shell of Absorption

Using this item gives the owner and his allies a +45 protections buff for 5 seconds. Also, all damage taken is reduced by 15%. Cooldown - 90s.

Tier 3 - Spiked Shell

Using this item gives the owner and his allies a +45 protections buff for 5 seconds. Also, 10% of the damage taken is reflected back to the damaging god. Cooldown - 90s.

Gods

• Fixed an issue where her basic attack emotes from anywhere on the map could be heard in mid-lane.

Funeral Rites
  • Fixed an issue with her passive remaining active at her origin of death.
Dispel Magic
  • The slow has been reduced from 35% to 20%.
Circle of Protection
  • The damage reduction of the ultimate has been reduced from 30% to 15%.
  • The cooldown of this ability has been increased from 60s to 90s.
Backfire
  • This ability now marks the first god that is hit for 4 seconds, causing the Inferno Cannon to prioritize that target and giving the turrets 10% increased damage to that target.

BullD0G

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » July 16, 2013 2:22pm | Report
omg, I totally lost it. What is smite even trying to be right now? They keep making all these changes for what? A totally different game? I am not sure what these changes will effect and all that kind of stuff, but smite is very unstable right now. Why combining buffs and add extra exp to the harpies? Is that to make jungling more or less viable? Smite needs to find its place (where it was before Ne Zha) and STICK to it like glue and not this.
Anyways, smite has troubles starting up, so I can only play it on my lesser computer (which is way less enjoyable) so I either need to fix that or just quit

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Prominent (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BullD0G » July 16, 2013 2:53pm | Report

omg, I totally lost it. What is smite even trying to be right now? They keep making all these changes for what? A totally different game? I am not sure what these changes will effect and all that kind of stuff, but smite is very unstable right now. Why combining buffs and add extra exp to the harpies? Is that to make jungling more or less viable? Smite needs to find its place (where it was before Ne Zha) and STICK to it like glue and not this.
Anyways, smite has troubles starting up, so I can only play it on my lesser computer (which is way less enjoyable) so I either need to fix that or just quit

Its beta things will change until it is 100% good for competitive and casual

BullD0G

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » July 16, 2013 4:29pm | Report
I only got problems with Isis's nerf. But, i can't wait to 3vs3 joust

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dark Jaw » July 16, 2013 6:23pm | Report
FINALLY! Eset gots nerfed. I was waiting for that for a long time.

Good buff on Vulcan. When he was released, I was hyper interested to play him. But then, for some reason, I never played. Perhaps that's the right time to give him a shot!

Runic Shield sounds AWESOME. Now I'll play bruisers even more.

Focused Void Stone and Void Blades are going to be great on single target assassins( FVS on Anubis and FVB on Loki, as an example).

Not mentioning the buffs on Doom Orb and Heartseeker, time to snowball harder as Ao Kuang.

Good patch.

Dark Jaw

Prominent (44)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sunfall » July 16, 2013 7:42pm | Report
I saw this earlier, but Bulldog apparently beat me to the punch.

Anyways, here's how I'm looking at it.

-3v3 Joust sounds fun. I always wanted to try playing a 3v3 trilane brawl.

-Teleport fix! No more cheesy backdoor ****!

-By the looks of it, that Bumba's Mask change will be a big nerf to jungling, we'll see how it pans out. Though I find the change to have two mana camps on each side questionable.

- Watcher's Gift is viable now, but I'm curious as to whether it stacks with Midas Boots passive?

-Only losing 1/2 stacks on Heartseeker and Doom Orb seems too generous in my opinion, especially with the new jungle. Get ready to see tryhards toting these around like mouseketeers once again. Should be increased to 2/3rds or 3/4ths stacks lost on death.

-The new Runic Shield/Shield of Regrowth is something I've waited a long time for, a magical protection item that gives physical power. Though the stats could probably use some toning down; getting 90 magic protection for 8 seconds, every 30 seconds, seems really excessive. Cut those numbers down 50+20 and it would probably be more balanced.
I also hear a lot of folks over at official complaining how items that give damage and resistance are broken on physical ranged and shouldn't exist, but I'd say that an easy way to fix this would be to lower the resistance bases on all physical ranged gods down to 30 with no per-level increases (like Arachne already has).

-The new Gem of Binding looks too strong in my opinion. Ranged gods that use Frostbound Hammer are penalized with a weaker slow, yet basic-attacking mages like Zeus and Chronos are getting something very similar with absolutely no repercussions?

-Shard looks to be a great new alternative to Meditation for earlygame healing. Shell will be a very important ability to have around for teamfights, much like a reverse-Girdle.

- Eset should be balanced now. Vulcan needed that buff, though he could still use a bit more in my opinion.

Overall, this patch looks like it will bring about some very interesting changes.
Waiting on a good new MOBA, please.

Sunfall
<Veteran>

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » July 16, 2013 11:25pm | Report
Shell will be ridiculous with co-ordinated teams.

I'm definitely happy about the combination of cooldown and mana regen buffs. Cooldown and mana regen are things that everyone can use, so morphing them together was a pretty good move.

Changing up the middle harpy camps is definitely a good change as well.

Over all, I'm happy with this patch.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » July 17, 2013 5:02am | Report
3vs3 joust is too fun to be true XD

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by UnknownPandr » July 17, 2013 8:08pm | Report
I missed too much....

UnknownPandr

Prominent (35)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » July 17, 2013 10:30pm | Report
I felt the graphics of the new items kinda looks like LoL

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }