Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

3.9 PTS Patch Notes | Viking Invasion | May 18th

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » News » 3.9 PTS Patch Notes | Viking Invasion | May 18th 33 posts - page 3 of 4
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » May 23, 2016 12:06pm | Report
Antman23 wrote:

I'm just saying that there will always be gods that are Metta and those that are not. Complaining about "op" gods is not gonna help. Hi rez will nerf the god and then another will take its place in the metta. There has to be differences between the gods or it will be no fun. People are saying susano is op. I say he's fine how he is. And has his weakness as he falls off badly late game. It's just annoying. I've never seen such babyish fanbase. It's especially annoying when changes come to my main gods. And as such I was forced to play others. And now they nerfed skadi too. But she is still good

Mmmm okay. Let me clarify my thoughts. Complaining, firstly, actually does make an impact since HiRez is receptive to their community. That is.. unfortunately not always a good thing. An example would be Xing Tian, who was actually pretty balanced on release, bu then got buffed, only to be nerfed, then buffed, then nerfed, and then buffed again, a lot of which was due to community outcry. While sometimes it is beneficial, Smite's balancing team needs to understand better what community outcry is valid, and what is just people whining. As for "There has to be differences between the gods or it will be no fun," differences sure, that doesn't mean a game where every god was in perfect balance with one another wouldn't be fun though. Imagine if every god was viable? That doesn't mean they have to work with every composition (Eg: Nemesis should only really be viable against certain team compositions given her kit) but a better balanced game yields a better experience in 99% of cases since it means that every character is playable at a high level of play. As for Susano being overpowered, currently that's objective since ranked picks and bans haven't happened yet and statistics regarding his performance haven't been released, but from personal experience he seems to be rather strong (not the worse I've ever seen, but strong). Finally, when it comes to changes to your main gods, honestly get over it (it's really hypocritical after calling smite's fanbase babyish). I actually prefer to play gods that are less overpowered (my main Chang'e has never been a top pick since I've been playing her). I mean seriously, some of my favorite gods are Artemis, Vamana and Nemesis, who's only recently become more viable. I would actually prefer it if my favorite guardian Athena got a nerf, because currently when I play her I feel like my performance is almost more reflective of how overpowered Athena is rather than how skilled I am with her.
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Stuke99 » May 23, 2016 12:10pm | Report
Can't believe I have to say this when it should be common knowledge to anyone with a functioning brain, but STATISTICS ARE NOT OPINIONS.

It's very clear when you take a 1 second glance at Rat that you can see his kit is beyond bloated and if you think it's not and he's OK or balanced, (I'm no longer pulling my punches any more) then you're a ****ing idiot who don't know thing 1 about how a god should be balanced.

Remove the heal from his passive, and maybe decrease the damage as well because a god with that much crowd control doesn't deserve that much damage as they can just as easily get in, kill three people, and out with that insane amount of mobility making him unkillable and on a ridiculous as **** kill streak.

You can argue all you want about how he's balanced or how I'm "salty" about it (because that's such a brain dead retort), but I don't care and your opinion isn't worth that much when I can see numbers and statistics to prove you wrong every time.

Stuke99
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Antman23 » May 23, 2016 12:20pm | Report
Yes I agree on all points. However any god can seem op when u meet someone that plays well with them. I can't count how many times I was wrecked by God's that are barely picked. (Looking at you freya!Damn you!) But I don't call for buffs or nerfs because in reality people only call for buffs for their favorite gods and call for nerfs on those they can't seem to stop whether u believe it or not. Lol. There are some who are unbiased (such as you) and thats great! But at the end of the day people just want to play their favorite gods. And that's a good goal. But every god being "viable"? Never gonna happen. When one strength or broken mechanic is put to rest another will be found. It's why we have metta. And when I see multiple gods I like to play nerfed when they are far from op. It raises my annoyance level. And while u say duck it up and deal shouldn't everyone else who thinks the rat remodel is op do the same?

Antman23

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Stuke99 » May 23, 2016 12:39pm | Report
Are you serious right now, none of us are talking about the stupid ****ing meta. This has nothing to do with the meta and you're just diverting the conversation into every random ******** direction just to derail the argument.

Again, this has NOTHING to do with the meta or the player base, this has EVERYTHING to do with how they made Rat's new kit unbelievably bloated and he's going to become ridiculously powerful and hard to kill because of his over bloated skills while you and every other dumb *** out there are not seeing that or just ignoring it as you want to play this obviously broken as all **** god. It's clear you don't think that he's OP but those who were in the PTS who have played as or against Rat can tell you that he's beyond the point of balanced, like release Bellona levels of broken, and you can go jump and play in traffic with this stupid amount of denial about the new rat.

In conclusion I'm done talking about Rat's stupid as **** kit and if you or anyone else can't see this, then you can tell me in a few days and when you start typing on how broken he is then all I will say is "I told you so".

Stuke99
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » May 23, 2016 1:00pm | Report
Zilby wrote:

Finally, when it comes to changes to your main gods, honestly get over it (it's really hypocritical after calling smite's fanbase babyish).

Especially since the nerf is pretty small. Also sometimes HR is known for nerfing or buffing gods that really didn't need any (and most of the cases the nerfs don't make much sense too)

It's funny how they call it a rat rework (a remodel doesn't change anything to the kit and well a rework should change both which also didn't really happen I believe), The only pretty much changed numbers and effects.

Also what is metta? never heard of it or did you mean META (Yes I know you mean META however seeing metta/Metta/METTA annoys me a bit, where does the extra t stand for (well actually because it aren't capitals it's a word instead of an abbreviation so...)).

You should have been here when sub was still around he could complain about a lot more stuff. Especially when the game got older.
However on the designing part it can be pretty bad design and in general an overloaded kit is considered bad design. Mostly because it brings certain problems to the table depending on how overloaded the kit is (as every character has some sort of overload on an ability somewhere characters are considered overloaded if they have to much stuff)
And in what way the character is overloaded. In case of rat some things don't even make sense to have (e.g. the heal and armor shred), which makes it look like HR was desperate to buff him.

It mostly brings a balance issue as an overloaded character can give the feeling of having everything in the world. Which gives them to much tools to use in a fight. Especially if it doesn't limit things to a certain requirement (like yasuo needs a knocked up target if he wants to use his ult).

And well most of the OP isn't really based on playing with and against him, so we should wait with what to call him. He is pretty overloaded, however damage does look a bit low.

Also one last thing releasing gods OP is kinda a marketing tactic to get people to play them and give them a good first impression so they have a playerbase even in worse times.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Antman23 » May 23, 2016 1:35pm | Report
Stuke99 wrote:

Are you serious right now, none of us are talking about the stupid ****ing meta. This has nothing to do with the meta and you're just diverting the conversation into every random ******** direction just to derail the argument.

Again, this has NOTHING to do with the meta or the player base, this has EVERYTHING to do with how they made Rat's new kit unbelievably bloated and he's going to become ridiculously powerful and hard to kill because of his over bloated skills while you and every other dumb *** out there are not seeing that or just ignoring it as you want to play this obviously broken as all **** god. It's clear you don't think that he's OP but those who were in the PTS who have played as or against Rat can tell you that he's beyond the point of balanced, like release Bellona levels of broken, and you can go jump and play in traffic with this stupid amount of denial about the new rat.

In conclusion I'm done talking about Rat's stupid as **** kit and if you or anyone else can't see this, then you can tell me in a few days and when you start typing on how broken he is then all I will say is "I told you so".

What part of I'm no fan of rat and never will be don't u understand. And name calling over a game? Mature dude. Sucked it up and deal

Antman23

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GameGeekFan » May 23, 2016 2:29pm | Report
As a fan of my boy Ratatoskr here, his kit really has too much, in all honesty. All of his abilities have some form of CC, and VERY GOOD CC at that, even his dash slow.

A wanted a re-kit, but never something like this to an extent. Maybe new acorn starters as old Ratatoskr. Right now just having one acorn that replaces boots is stupid, why not many?

Also his 2 needs to be changed in a way, and maybe instead of 3 stun it can be something else. Ill think of ideas along the way.

GameGeekFan
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (50)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HammaSmite » May 23, 2016 3:06pm | Report
I'm sorry, Skadi's face is just...wayy too realistic compared to the rest of her mastery skin.
random thanatos main has appeared
    Attack
    Kill Secure
    Run
    Catch

HammaSmite

Remarkable (7)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GameGeekFan » May 23, 2016 3:25pm | Report
Yea Reddit complained about it too.

GameGeekFan
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (50)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FerrumSlash » May 24, 2016 3:52am | Report
My reaction to ticket price, new ratatoskr, and no Susano t2 skin

FerrumSlash
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (70)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }