Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

3.9 PTS Patch Notes | Viking Invasion | May 18th

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » News » 3.9 PTS Patch Notes | Viking Invasion | May 18th 33 posts - page 1 of 4
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by LevasK » May 20, 2016 10:02am | Report
God Rework: Ratatoskr, The Sly Messager

Passive: Acorn of Yggdrasil

Ratatoskr spawns with a powerful Magic Acorn from the World Tree in his inventory, replacing his item slot for boots. He can upgrade this acorn through the item store from anywhere on the map to increase his Power and Movement Speed. The fully upgraded acorn adds self healing (20 + 40% of your Physical Power) to his abilities.

Dart

Ratatoskr dashes forward, damaging (100/140/180/220/260) to 80% of your Physical Power) and slowing enemies (20/25/30/35/40%) for 3s. Dart pierces through minions and stops at the first god hit. Also, Dart's cooldown is reduced by 2s for each enemy god hit by Flurry or Acorn Blast.
Cost: 50/55/60/65/70. Cooldown: 12s.

Flurry

Ratatoskr spins around in a flurry of attacks, damaging nearby enemies (25/40/55/70/85 + 20% of your Physical Power) and reducing their Physical Protections (2/3/4/5/6%) up to 4 times.
Cost: 60/65/70/75/80. Cooldown: 12s.

Acorn Blast

Ratatoskr shoots a blast of three acorns forward in a cone, each dealing (50/65/80/95/110 + 30% of your Physical Power) damage. Enemies hit by more than one acorn will take additional damage and enemies hit by all 3 acorns are stunned for 1s. Cost: 60. Cooldown: 10s

Ultimate: Through The Cosmos

Ratatoskr charges up then leaps from the ground to a branch above his head. He may jump to 2 more branches before choosing a landing location. Upon landing he deals (200/260/320/380/440 + 70% of your Physical Power) damage and Knocks up enemies. Through the Cosmos can be canceled or timed out from any of the branches, causing Ratatoskr to strike down at the current target location.
Cost: 100. Cooldown: 90s.

New God Skins

Einherjar Chaac

Storm Jarl Chaacc

Valkali Kali

Blood Jarl Kali

Sand Warden Anhur

Searing Sun Hou Yi

Skadi Mastery Skins

New Avatar

Cutesy Freya

Event - Viking Invasion

Viking Invasion Bundle
  • Einherjar Chaac (Required to unlock Storm Jarl Chaac)
  • Valkalli Kali (Required to unlock Blood Jarl Kali)
  • Access to embark on the Viking Invasion Questline!
  • Viking Stein Ward
  • Viking Altar Pedestal
  • Viking Invasion Loading Frame
  • Ymir Announcer Pack
  • Norse Seafarer Music Theme

Unlock all of the following throughout the Viking Invasion Questline
  • Limited Chaac Storm Jarl and Kali Blood Jarl Skins
  • Bonus Favor Rewards
  • Two Viking Chests

• These chests will contain a guaranteed Norse God Skin.

Misc
  • Corrected an issue where some gods were being forced into Restricted Camera Pitch during their ultimates.
  • Added a "Return To Lobby" button for the Spectator Client when watching Live god selection.
  • Updated the Icon for Fire Giant's slow from Magma Blast

Achievements

Janus

Watch Your Step

As Janus make your opponents fall through fifteen different portals in one match.

No Scope

As Janus hit at least two enemy gods with your ultimate at max distance.

Scylla

Yes, I'm a Monster

As Scylla reset your Ultimate three or more times in a single use.

Got You!

As Scylla use Sic'em to root three enemy gods.

Susano

Calm Before the Storm

As Susano Pull three or more enemies with a single use of Wind Siphon.

Weather The Storm

As Susano Use a basic anytime while Storm Kata is activated.

Item Changes

Mystical Mail
Mystical Mail was underwhelming for it's cost, especially when compared to items with more direct health or protections on either end of the spectrum. By reducing the cost and providing a small bump to it's Physical Protection we expect it fall into a better spot.
  • Reduced cost from 28502700.
  • Increased Physical protection 3040.

Soul Eater
Soul Eater is an item that allows for players to gain a large amount of stats, and then expend them in an emergency situation to stay alive. At a 50% health threshold to activate, and at 1% per stack; the payoff for losing your stacks often was not impactful enough and happened too early in a fight. These changes should address these issues.
  • Reduced health threshold for passive to activate from 50%25%.
  • Increased health returned from passive per stack from 1%1.5%.

golden sash Golden Sash
Warlock's Sash is an item that is often used on mages who wish to be tankier, or who need to be tankier in places like the Solo lane, but needed to be rushed to be effective. By reducing the cost of Golden Sash players can build this item early more comfortably, allowing for some more diversity in items in the early game Magic users.
  • Cost reduced from 14501350.
  • Health reduced 200175.
  • Mana reduced 200175.

Spectral Armor
  • Fixed an issue where this item's Passive could be activated without using a Relic.

God Changes

Agni
Flame Wave will now burn players a little bit harder, allowing Agni a bit of extra firepower in the mid and late game."

Flame Wave
  • Increased scaling from 50%65%.

Cabrakan
"Cabrakan is seeing a few changes that are part QoL and part increased effectiveness. Shadow Zone will now affect himself, providing him a boost in survivability. Seismic Crush and Refraction Shield are also seeing their base damage scalings made consistent per level. Overall Cabrakan should see more consistent output with a small adjustment upwards in damage."

Shadow Zone
  • Now affects Cabrakan Himself.

Seismic Crush
  • Changed Damage from 100/125/175/225/275 (50%)100/145/190/235/280 (50%).

Refraction Shield
  • Changed Damage from 90/160/200/260/330 (50%)100/160/220/280/340 (50%).

Cupid
"Cupid's ultimate should now avoid being interrupted after the cast has occurred. This will help Cupid make sure Fields of Love happens exactly when he means for it to happen, while still keeping him casting for the same duration he currently does."

Fields of Love
  • Reduced casting time from 30.
  • Increased recovery time from .1.4

Fenrir
"Fenrir now has more mana to leap, claw, and bite his enemies with; giving him some extra uses of his abilities in the early game."
General
  • Base Mana increased from 200230.
  • Base MP5 increased from 3.74.2.

Kali
Marked for Death
  • Updated tooltip for clarity.
  • Fixed Kali is receiving Bloodforge passive on assists if the target is her passive mark.
  • Fixed an issue where Kali was getting the wrong XP and Gold values on assists of her marked targets.

Loki
General
  • Increased the saturation of Joki Loki and Last Laugh Loki

Medusa

General
  • The Achievement "Look at me!" will now be awarded if you "stun three or more Gods with Petrify" OR you "kill three or more Gods with Petrify".

Poseidon
"Poseidon is a character that often wants to maintain high levels of his Tide to be mobile and effective around the map. By reducing both the Tidal Meter and Mana cost of Tidal Surge and Whirlpool, Poseidon players will find themselves often in a slightly better position at key points in the game."

Tidal Surge
  • Reduce Mana cost from 70/80/90/100/11060/70/80/90/100.
  • Reduced Tidal Meter Cost from 35%30%.

Whirlpool
  • Reduce Mana cost from 70/80/90/100/11060/70/80/90/100.
  • Reduced Tidal Meter Cost from 25%20%.

Skadi
General
  • Corrected an issue where Kaldr's health bar would scale properly with distance.
  • Fixed an issue with Kaldr's health bar in Spectator.

Susano

General
  • Fixed an issue where Susano could get inside of Towers or Phoenixes.

* Source: the official Patch Notes

LevasK
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (52)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by iReauxbot » May 20, 2016 3:48pm | Report
What...is that even a God change?
Those Kali skins...
Hi-Rez always wants me to go broke.

iReauxbot

Memorable (11)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Stuke99 » May 20, 2016 10:46pm | Report
Hmmm lets see the new Rat.

- Heals when landing a ability
- A dash that slows on first god hit
- A AoE protection shredder that hits 4 times
- A three shot projectile that can stun
- A knock up for his ult
- and reduction to cooldown when a ability hits
- High damage
- High mobility
- 4 CC effects

Honest to god what was Hi-Rez and Ajax thinking, this ASSASSIN has more Crowd Control then a GUARDIAN. How are people ok with this?

Everyone has been complaining about how Susano is OP but lets see what he has.

- High mobility
- High early game damage
- 2 CC effects
- A 2 strike and a dash ability
- A pull that damages
- A projectile that does DoT and can teleport to which reduces that ability's cooldown
- A AoE damaging knock-up that can be charged up

Ask me who's overpowered again?

Stuke99
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by iReauxbot » May 21, 2016 5:48am | Report
Stuke99 wrote:

Hmmm lets see the new Rat.

- Heals when landing a ability
- A dash that slows on first god hit
- A AoE protection shredder that hits 4 times
- A three shot projectile that can stun
- A knock up for his ult
- and reduction to cooldown when a ability hits
- High damage
- High mobility
- 4 CC effects

Honest to god what was Hi-Rez and Ajax thinking, this ASSASSIN has more Crowd Control then a GUARDIAN. How are people ok with this?

Everyone has been complaining about how Susano is OP but lets see what he has.

- High mobility
- High early game damage
- 2 CC effects
- A 2 strike and a dash ability
- A pull that damages
- A projectile that does DoT and can teleport to which reduces that ability's cooldown
- A AoE damaging knock-up that can be charged up

Ask me who's overpowered again?

Hush. Ive been waiting for Ratatoskr to be biable again.
And Ao Kuang to answer your question

iReauxbot

Memorable (11)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Stuke99 » May 21, 2016 8:47am | Report
I don't care if he's viable again, they made his kit way to bloated. You and everyone else know that so quit giving Ajax this special treatment as he's becoming the next Drybear and no one is stopping him.

Stuke99
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DucksRock » May 21, 2016 9:11am | Report
Stuke99 wrote:

I don't care if he's viable again, they made his kit way to bloated. You and everyone else know that so quit giving Ajax this special treatment as he's becoming the next Drybear and no one is stopping him.

Tbh i'll have to agree on this one. new rat is bloated and less fun, as much as i love ajax, this rework is just a failure.
Hi!

I'm DucksRock, But you can call me Ducks.

Kuzenbo rights advocate, guide-making delayer and passionate pop music fan.

Kuzenbo guide coming soon.

DucksRock

Prominent (41)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BurnMojo231 » May 21, 2016 1:58pm | Report
I'm not to sure who this ajax is but he may need to go(away), rat is broken on return.
Self heal that with all abilities used could heal him massively, 40% slow for 3s (on an assassin).
He also has a possible 24% protection reduction. He can also stun you and lastly a knock up for guardian grade cc. This effectively gave him all the acorn abilities for the price of boots.

BurnMojo231

Notable (1)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » May 21, 2016 2:01pm | Report
You know, normally I like to be the person of reason, try to defend HiRez and really say why their decisions make sense and that in time we'll see that their design choices aren't bad or overpowered...

But in this case I can't really help it, his kit is bloated, something needs to be removed (honestly just take out the self heal and I think he'd be pretty okay?) This rework just seems pretty blatantly op.
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Technotoad64 » May 21, 2016 7:06pm | Report
"Oh, so you don't like Ratatoskr because he has no crowd control? Here, we'll rework him. Now ALL of his moves are crowd control!" Something I've noticed with HiRez is that they try to teach us "be careful what you wish for" like with, for example, Swagni, Feaster Bunny, Derpules, etc. But that was just skins. This actually has an important impact on gameplay.

At least the skins are good. Love the card art.
#ffe699 #ffff99 #e6ff99 #ccff99 #afff99 #99ff99 #99ffb3 #99ffcc #99fff3 #99f3ff #99e6ff #99ccff
#ffcc33 #ffff33 #ccff33 #99ff33 #66ff33 #33ff33 #33ff66 #33ff99 #33ffcc #33ffff #33ccff #3399ff
#cc9900 #cccc00 #99cc00 #66cc00 #33cc00 #00cc00 #00cc33 #00cc66 #00cc99 #00cccc #0099cc #0066cc
#664d00 #666600 #4d6600 #336600 #1a6600 #006600 #00661a #006633 #00664d #006666 #004d66 #003366

Technotoad64
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (46)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DucksRock » May 21, 2016 8:10pm | Report
Technotoad64 wrote:

"Oh, so you don't like Ratatoskr because he has no crowd control? Here, we'll rework him. Now ALL of his moves are crowd control!" Something I've noticed with HiRez is that they try to teach us "be careful what you wish for" like with, for example, Swagni, Feaster Bunny, Derpules, etc. But that was just skins. This actually has an important impact on gameplay.

At least the skins are good. Love the card art.

Well, not all of them, but he'll be pretty boring now. easier to balance, but less fun. this is a be careful with what you wish for.
Hi!

I'm DucksRock, But you can call me Ducks.

Kuzenbo rights advocate, guide-making delayer and passionate pop music fan.

Kuzenbo guide coming soon.

DucksRock

Prominent (41)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }