Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

3.9 PTS Patch Notes | Viking Invasion | May 18th

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » News » 3.9 PTS Patch Notes | Viking Invasion | May 18th 33 posts - page 2 of 4
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by iReauxbot » May 21, 2016 10:47pm | Report
I read these comments with the most Grim Smile ever. I can't wait for this to come to Xbox. Bahahahaha. I'm gonna wipe the floor with these casuals.
Rat boring now? Ha. I'll be slaughtering tr Arena in no time

iReauxbot

Memorable (11)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DucksRock » May 22, 2016 3:03am | Report
iReauxbot wrote:

I read these comments with the most Grim Smile ever. I can't wait for this to come to Xbox. Bahahahaha. I'm gonna wipe the floor with these casuals.
Rat boring now? Ha. I'll be slaughtering tr Arena in no time

He is less fun in the sense of him being less unique...
Hi!

I'm DucksRock, But you can call me Ducks.

Kuzenbo rights advocate, guide-making delayer and passionate pop music fan.

Kuzenbo guide coming soon.

DucksRock

Prominent (41)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » May 22, 2016 10:04am | Report
Before I comment on new ratabroken. I really feel liek that first chaac skin looks like a Norse Chaac. on First Glance I thought it was a Tyr skin.

So now on Ratabroken. We normally call a lot of LoL champion overloaded, however HR has taken the top spot of overloaded with ratabroken.
I believe he has more stuff then yasuo (shield, dash, knockup, AS which reduces CD of 1 ability protection debuff, crit chance, a "teleport" a wall which blocks projectiles) and that guy is considered to be pretty overloaded. yas is balanced because he has certain conditions before he has certain things (his knockup and shield and until there is a knocked up target his ult with the protection debuff). He has like 2 abilities per ability (except for the wall and maybe you can say 3 things for his ult however the teleport is to the knock upped target) and he has one ability that doesnt do damage. Well ratabroken is kinda the same without restrictions on most of the abilities or aspects and damage on all of them:

A heal and the ability to upgrade his "boots" anywhere on the map. Well that they added the heal here or the option to upgrade it anywhere is a bit meh but not to much until you look at full picture. (2 things)

a dash with a slow which also gets a CD reduction by his other abilities. Not a big problem except for the CD reduction it was kinda unnecessary. (3 things)

His damaging and debuffing flurry. it is one thing however compared to yas he was already overloaded after the first ability. Otherwise this one brings the difference because it has 1 effect and damage

A "hard" to hit stun and a damage amplification on it too. there isn't much wrong with this ability tbh. He is now pretty even again with yas, oh wait yas 3 is only a dash with damage.

And then an ult which is very mobile and a knockup. I dont get why they needed to add the knockup.

Well how could this rework have been better? Well the biggest changes are in the first part of the kit the passive and first ability. either remove the heal or remove the upgrade anywhere option. And for his dash the CD reduction. And maybe remove the knockup from the ult or the protection shred.

Sometiems HR can amaze me with their "designs"

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Antman23 » May 23, 2016 6:39am | Report
And here the complaints go. Lol. I swear it happens with every new patch. Do u guys paid to complain about the game all the time or is it just a hobby? Just curious. As for new rat? I never been a fan of him and I'm not gonna start now. But I like the change. Making him at least moderate effective is great since he hasn't been in so long. Nobody picks him lol

Antman23

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by iReauxbot » May 23, 2016 9:22am | Report
How do you not like Ratatoskr? What are you an alien or something?
I guess theyre making up for how bad they nerfed his *** to begin with.
I do agree one or two things need to go, but I am enjoying the salt in this thread.
Now.. lets buff Sun Wukong

iReauxbot

Memorable (11)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Antman23 » May 23, 2016 9:35am | Report
Well I started playing late season 2 and he is not meta. I tried him anyway and it was bad so I don't care for him. Also I'm an amatarasu main so u will never see me ask for a buff for any other warrior. I do wish they would give her heavenly reflection damage back tho...lol

Antman23

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » May 23, 2016 9:37am | Report
Swk is balanced lol.

@Antman23, everyone has different opinions on new patches and releases, most opinions on new gods/rekits tend to be "this is op!". That's most likely because on average new gods that are released are overpowered (this is proven statistically, through how many nerfs they get relative to an average god, how often they are picked in ranked and SPL matches, and their win-loss ratios close to release). While I tend to be skeptical of whether a god is op based on description alone (eg: describing Chronos' ultimate makes him sound op, but he's pretty balanced), new rat looks to be a pretty obvious example of a god with a bloated, overpowered kit (and to be perfectly honest, is not too dissimilar to how he was op when he was initially released).
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Antman23 » May 23, 2016 10:51am | Report
But that's an opinion. And just because people get wrecked by certain gods don't make them op. Are new released gods usually a bit more powerful that they should be? Yes. But even then they have weaknesses.

Antman23

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » May 23, 2016 11:32am | Report
Antman23 wrote:

But that's an opinion. And just because people get wrecked by certain gods don't make them op. Are new released gods usually a bit more powerful that they should be? Yes. But even then they have weaknesses.
Zilby wrote:

on average new gods that are released are overpowered (this is proven statistically, through how many nerfs they get relative to an average god, how often they are picked in ranked and SPL matches, and their win-loss ratios close to release).
I don't.. I don't know how to tell you this but statistics aren't opinions... If we can see a correlation between the rise in the number of smokers and the rise of lung cancer cases, we can reasonably deduce that there is a cause and effect relationship between the two. I could go into how powercreep in games is bad for the long term and how having overpowered gods even on release is bad for player retention but I think that's a topic for another day.
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Antman23 » May 23, 2016 11:55am | Report
I'm just saying that there will always be gods that are Metta and those that are not. Complaining about "op" gods is not gonna help. Hi rez will nerf the god and then another will take its place in the metta. There has to be differences between the gods or it will be no fun. People are saying susano is op. I say he's fine how he is. And has his weakness as he falls off badly late game. It's just annoying. I've never seen such babyish fanbase. It's especially annoying when changes come to my main gods. And as such I was forced to play others. And now they nerfed skadi too. But she is still good

Antman23

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }