Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

3.5 | PTS Patch Notes | Protect and Support | March 23rd

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » News » 3.5 | PTS Patch Notes | Protect and Support | March 23rd 16 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Wayne3100 » March 24, 2016 11:48am | Report
New God Skins

Ordo Solarus Amaterasu

K-9 Anubis

Protect and Support Bundle
  • Peacekeeper Athena
  • Enforcer Athena

Chiron Mastery Skins

Updated God Skins & Cards

Fnatic Anhur

New Voice Packs
  • Ordo Solarus Amaterasu
  • K-9 Anubis
  • Protect and Support Peacekeeper Athena
  • Protect and Support Enforcer Athena

New Avatars

PS4 Beta Icon

Achievements
  • Athena

• Face Me
      • As Athena Taunt three ore more enemies with one confound.

• Defend Olympus
      • As Athena get a kill with the damage from Defender of Olympus

• Chaac

• The Slow Dance
      • As Chaac slow three or more enemy gods with Rain Dance

• Hello, is this Storm?
      • As Chaac hit three or more enemy gods in a match with Storm Call.

• Skadi

• Who let Kaldr Out
      • As Skadi kill 3 or more enemy gods in a match with Kaldr.

• Ice Isn't Nice
      • As Skadi catch 3 or more enemy gods on Permafrost

Miscellaneous
  • Fixed an issue where the Japanese Flag would load behind Japanese gods spawn points.
  • Fixed an issues where the Joust Tiger Monsters would lock up and fail to animate.

Item Changes

Bluestone Pendant
  • Fixed Bluestone showing up under MP5 in the store.

Bulwark of Hope
  • Fixed a tooltip issue on the buff icon for the shield.

Sovereignty
"Sovereignty fell off for a lot of support players who felt like they needed to buy more 'selfish' items to remain tanky enough to compete. A more potent aura should help to make this item more appealing for support players and their allies."
  • Increased Physical Protection Aura from 2030.

Throwing Dagger
"Throwing Dagger and Golden Bow have had an interesting life cycle, and with this change we are moving the pair into a more defined role. By increasing the damage the passive does to minions and jungle monsters, these items are now increasingly defined by their ability to assist gods with clear."
  • New PASSIVE – All basic attacks will also hit enemies within a 15 unit radius of the target for 25% of the damage to gods and 50% damage to Minions and Jungle Camps.

Golden Bow
  • New PASSIVE – All basic attacks will also hit enemies within a 15 unit radius of the target for 50% of the damage to gods and 75% to Minions and Jungle Camps.

wind demon Wind Demon
  • Fixed Wind Demon from preventing all healing.

God Changes

Ah Muzen Cab
"We've come a bit full circle with this change, but it helps our favorite bee excel earlier and should make enemies a bit more wary."

Honey
  • Slow changed from 5/10/15/20/2520% at all ranks.

Artemis
"Artemis has always been one of the premier in-hand focused characters in SMITE, with her significant attack speed buff, crit enhancement, and ability to stun or root enemies in place to better land her hits. As we look to adjust her, we want to focus on these strengths, and on her ability to make exceptional use of basic attack proc items. While we may make additional adjustments in a future patch, we want to use a light touch as Artemis has a lot of potential to quickly be devastating."

Vengeful Assault
  • Vengeful Assault increased from 35/45/55/65/75%40/50/60/70/80%.

Bastet
declaw Declaw
  • Fixed Rank 1 of this ability dealing Magical Damage.

Chaac
Torrent
  • Fixed an issue where Torrent's teleportation could be cancelled early.

Chiron
Centaurus
  • Now suffers a 40% slow while firing.

Isis
"One of the goals for Season 3 was to more clearly define gods as early, mid, or late game gods. After looking at Isis closely we like her early game strengths and playstyle, but felt her late game slightly too potent. With scaling lowered on Wing Gust her late game damage should be more manageable. Keep in mind, that is 10% less per hit."

Wing Gust
  • Scaling reduced from 40% per level → 30% per hit.

Khepri
"We love to see such a support oriented character excel so well, but once again we have to make an adjustment to the Hug Bug. Khepri offers a large amount of control during the laning phase from his ability to help clear, defend his ally, and be aggressive with his pull. By lowering his base health choosing when to be aggressive will be more meaningful. While a large nerf from a numbers perspective he still has a shield to assist him which should allow him to still be aggressive; just not as often and with some additional risk."
  • Base Health reduced from 510460.

Poseidon
  • Fixed an issue where he could pull the Fire Elementals out of the Fire Giant Pit.

Serqet
"Serqet was placed into a rough spot after the Season 3 changes. She was nerfed not only from direct changes to her mobility, but her build path of Crit and CDR was made less effective and more expensive. Combined, the changes were too much. This patch we bring some of the mobility back through Deathbane, and shift some of her power away from needing Crit to be effective. With increased scaling damage from Cobra's Kiss, her build paths should now be slightly more open."

Deathbane
  • Cooldown reduced from 12s10s.

Cobra's Kiss
  • Damage increased from 50/70/90/110/13050/75/100/125/150.
  • Scaling increased from 40%50%.
  • Madness damage increased from 50/60/70/80/9050/75/100/125/150.
  • Madness scaling increased from 40%50%.
  • Updated the tooltip to be less confusing.

Skadi
"Kaldr was a little eager to join the Battleground of the Gods and as such was dashing all over the place. We have increased his Dash cooldown to allow for more consistent counterplay through creating distance with Kaldr. Additionally Winter's Grasp is seeing a duration reduction, lowering the time Kaldr is immune to damage and also reducing how long the aura damage is applied! Both of these changes are focused around letting players have more room to deal with Kaldr more effectively. Down boy!"

Kaldr, The Winter Wolf
  • Increased cooldown on dash from 2s5s.

Winter's Grasp
  • Duration reduced from 5s4s.

Sun Wukong
"Sun Wukong was struggling to box efficiently in the very early stages of the game. By bring his base health up slightly we should see him more capable of standing toe to toe with his lane opponents."
  • Base Health increased from 450470.

Vulcan
"Earthshaker is seeing some love this patch in terms of better usability. More damage when used close, and less travel time (thus more accuracy) when used far."

Earthshaker
  • Increased point blank damage from 50%60%.
  • Reduced the travel time at max range.

Zeus
Aegis Assault
  • No longer knocks minions back.

* Source: the official Patch Notes

Thanks to Janitsu for the signature!

Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (45)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Stuke99 » March 24, 2016 12:00pm | Report
Quoted:
"Serqet was placed into a rough spot after the Season 3 changes. She was nerfed not only from direct changes to her mobility, but her build path of Crit and CDR was made less effective and more expensive. Combined, the changes were too much. This patch we bring some of the mobility back through Deathbane, and shift some of her power away from needing Crit to be effective. With increased scaling damage from Cobra's Kiss, her build paths should now be slightly more open."

My reaction to her buff:

Seriously, WHY DID YOU BUFF HER!!! She was too good compared to every other Jungler in the game. So much control and mobility for one god to have, and the insane amounts of inescapable damage especially with crit items. Hi-Rez did the right thing in nerfing her, but then corrected their mistakes. Why did they undo their punishment, Serqet was one the best gods for the jungle role and had everyone complaining that she's too good and yet Hi-Rez didn't listen again and they're probably think "What did we do wrong?" when the answer is right under their noses.

Stuke99
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by CakeSlapping » March 24, 2016 12:50pm | Report
I think you might be overreacting a little Stuke, I think the nerfs to crit and cooldown have hit her harder than this buff will make up for, but I guess I can't be sure. we'll have to wait and see how it plays out...

New skins are nice though!

CakeSlapping

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Stuke99 » March 24, 2016 3:44pm | Report
CakeSlapping wrote:

I think you might be overreacting a little Stuke, I think the nerfs to crit and cooldown have hit her harder than this buff will make up for, but I guess I can't be sure. we'll have to wait and see how it plays out...

New skins are nice though!

When it comes to broken gods like Serqet, I don't overreact because I know those "small buffs" are going to make her top tier again like the nerf never happened. Besides that, I like the T3 Amaterasu skin but I feel the K-9 Anubis looks too dumb and Athena shouldn't have gotten a police skin; that should have been given to Tyr. The balancing of the gods are fine too besides the aforementioned Serqet buff.

Stuke99
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by CaptElfimis » March 24, 2016 4:38pm | Report
AMC and Serqet changes are awesome, I'm pretty happy about both.

As we all expected, of course Skadi saw a little nerf (Not in the way I initially expected) and it seems quite minor for the time being. She seems like she will go through multiple downgrades like Xing Tian and Sol did....I mean...who remembers that day 1 Xing Tian power, haha.

If you're going through hell, keep going.

- Winston Churchill

CaptElfimis

Remarkable (5)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DucksRock » March 25, 2016 2:00am | Report
CaptElfimis wrote:

AMC and Serqet changes are awesome, I'm pretty happy about both.

As we all expected, of course Skadi saw a little nerf (Not in the way I initially expected) and it seems quite minor for the time being. She seems like she will go through multiple downgrades like Xing Tian and Sol did....I mean...who remembers that day 1 Xing Tian power, haha.

Nope. She won't. she's balanced now, the slow on her 1 isnt a big deal because Winged Blade wrecks her.

Im expecting this patch to place her in a+, probably will receive a penetration scaling with Kaldr, The Winter Wolf though.
Hi!

I'm DucksRock, But you can call me Ducks.

Kuzenbo rights advocate, guide-making delayer and passionate pop music fan.

Kuzenbo guide coming soon.

DucksRock

Prominent (41)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » March 25, 2016 6:44am | Report
I know you expected to see her 1 nerfed but I'm agreeing with the nerfs on skadi. kldr had a 2s dash is a bit short. especcially as he is already pretty quick.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nex The Slayer » March 28, 2016 3:40pm | Report
Why did you have to give Amaterasu a Star Wars skin, Hi-rez? Why can't you just let me quit Smite in peace?

Nex The Slayer

Prominent (37)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Loukasarts » March 28, 2016 6:16pm | Report
U think khepris just about done now. I'm finding in-game he isn't difficult or annoying to play against and his ultimate isn't as powerful as people make out. you can usualy wait for it to run out or you could activate it and kill them after the respawn especially in group fights.

This is my personal opinion though so i understand if you disagree.

Loukasarts

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GameGeekFan » March 28, 2016 6:51pm | Report
He is still a heavy counter to ability based gods. In ranked play he is banned almost every single time for that reason.

Good positioning from Khepri and you can find yourself dead with a revived teammate like 50% of the time.

GameGeekFan
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (50)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }