Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Solo lane tips

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Solo lane tips 8 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » July 16, 2017 1:39pm | Report
Does anyone know how to play solo well? I just have no idea how to play solo in the early game, how/when to poke etc.

The only god I know how to play in solo is Sobek lol
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » July 16, 2017 2:31pm | Report
You can ask Stuke maybe. Also i'd tell you to talk to Taco...that guy is pretty amazing, but not sure he knows how to explain how he does so well.

Dude, you've got a ton of skill and knowledge...I'm sure you know how to do it, right?
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » July 16, 2017 3:42pm | Report
Maybe if I practiced it a few games.
But it is so annoying to be bot pick and have to go solo and then suck in ranked lol

And I only go so much time to play, so prefer to spend the time I have on playing ranked :P

Solobek is okey though, but still rely on ganks to not suck:
Spoiler: Click to view

But it is so frustrating when you know you are doing bad, but you don't know what it is and what to do differently.

These games for example:

So basically when I play solo I end up sitting under tower and losing my buff, fire elementals and losing gold to tower (maybe I should start getting watchers Kappa). And in the mid game we end up playing vs a big enemy solo laner, but most of the time I at least manage to salvage some of the game with rotations and teamfights. But we still have to deal with a big enemy solo laner, instead of me just ****ing them up in lane :P

Jungle & Support main.

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xZeroStrike » July 16, 2017 4:04pm | Report
That's the point of it. As solo, you'll rely on ganks from your jungler early game.
Playing the solo lane, these are your tasks:
  • Early game:
  1. Farm as much as possible. Avoid losing minions to tower and try to avoid the need to recall as much as possible.
  2. Attempt to outclear your enemy solo laner. Dodge any poke attempts and, unless you're 100% you'll emerge victorious without losing to much resources (HP / mana / farm), avoid combat.
  3. Gain a lead on your enemy solo laner. Solo lane is about patience and knowing when to make the right call to strike. The solo laner who gets ahead in the early game will dominate the solo lane for the rest of the game.
  • If needed, tell your jungler to gank your opponent so you can get a lead. Be warned though, once the enemy detects your jungler around they'll play more careful and the enemy jungler will most likely be on his way, so there's limited time to succesfully overthrow the enemy. Likewise, the enemy may try to do the same to you, so make sure you have wards up and running.
  • Mid game:
  1. Push the solo lane. At this stage, you should be ahead. If you're behind, you've pretty much lost solo lane unless your jungler or any other player on your team can assist you in taking down your enemy.
  2. Take the first and, if possible in a safe manner (Wards up and an escape plan), the second tower down. Don't push for phoenix just yet. Continue farming. Make the minions come to you. This will force the enemy solo laner to come out from under their Phoenix for almost half of the entire lane, making them very vulnerable for even more bullying.
  3. Once you've gotten ahead and taken 1/2 towers, clear minion wave and go ahead and assist your teammates where necessary. Keep an eye out on the enemy solo laner though, wouldn't want them catching back up.
  • Late game:
  1. Make a push for the Phoenix. You should be level 20, your build maxed, or almost maxed, and the enemy solo laner should be helpless and wishing he wore his brown pants the moment he sees you. Dominate the lane and claim your territory.
  2. Assist teammates elsewhere. Enemy solo will take a while to catch back up and since you can't "advance" any further due to being level 20 and full build, there's no more reason to stay in your lane. Help teammates push, the enemy solo laner won't be able to assist like you do since he's way behind by now.
  3. Initiate teamfights. It'll most likely be 5v4 since the enemy solo laner is useless right now. Take objectives as well and eventually, win.

TL;DR -
  • Early: Farm, overthrow enemy solo laner. Call in jungler assistance if needed. Do whatever it takes to dominate your lane. If you miss now, you miss your victory.
  • Mid: Take towers, scare enemy solo laner and kill them a few times. Assist other teammates.
  • Late: Max level and build, get phoenix. Scare solo laner even more if he hasn't ragequit yet. Assist other teammates even more, take objectives like FG and GF, and win.

That's pretty much solo lane for you right there. There's not much more to it. Apart from the "try not to die" part, which you should do at all times anyway. I hope this was the information you were looking for. If not, well, I wasted my time.

xZeroStrike
<Hunter Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (46)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » July 16, 2017 4:16pm | Report
xZeroStrike wrote:

I guess I just have to practice the poke part and learn the gods limits in solo. Because I know what I am supposed to do. It is just doing it that is the problem.

I seriously have to sit under my tower every game, unless I play Sobek (because then I know I'm safe with my dash and knock up anyways).
It is just frustrating to have to rely on my jungle, because I know that if jungle has to babysit the solo lane the game is pretty much lost.

Jungle & Support main.

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xZeroStrike » July 16, 2017 4:24pm | Report
It is indeed about practice. I can't give you any more information, unfortunately. I myself am not the best solo laner, I don't even play Ranked to begin with.

On top of that, every game varies. Different team comps, different builds, etc...
One game you may do particularly well with one god, the next you may just be solo food again.

The best I can give you is to bait out your enemy. If you notice your match-up is a loss, as was the case with the Hades, for example, as he could easily silence your fearless, find something that could bait him out. Perhaps try to lure him into the jungle where you'll suddenly poof around the corner and destroy him? You'll probably lose out on 1 wave but, if it means taking down your enemy solo laner for 5 seconds, he'll lose a lot more.

As I mentioned, it's about knowing when to strike. Saw Hades use his silence to blight the minion wave? That's your chance. That'd just be an example.

Luck will have to be at your side in most of the cases. It just comes down to who's god can clear the easiest and the safest.

xZeroStrike
<Hunter Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (46)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Bernardozomer » July 16, 2017 4:41pm | Report
Did I hear...

SOLOBEK?
#9e2aff #a12bfd #af29e8 #bd29d0 #c828be #d728a8 #d728b0 #e02899 #ee2891 #f02887 #d72875 #d72860
#8a42ff #9c30f6 #ab21ec #b329e4 #b829d9 #ca29c7 #d429bd #de299f #ee2887 #e62873 #e03163 #e53d44
#7b54ff #8d39f6 #a311f4 #a22afb #ae29ed #b63dc7 #a247c7 #ca3d9f #ee3175 #e6325f #e94348 #f14f2c
#676cff #793fff #910aff #871ef5 #7f2ee4 #7542da #665bc7 #8e519f #c04777 #f0464b #f2552d #fc6410
#5384ff #6545ed #7b00e0 #6b1ada #5738d0 #4356d0 #2d74cc #5c65b3 #985b77 #dc5037 #e94c1b #de4606
#3598fe #4750da #5d00a8 #4423b2 #2b46bc #1762c4 #008fcc #377b9f #636b7b #9a574e #d73a12 #c12300

Bernardozomer
<Meat Shield>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (33)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » July 17, 2017 8:15am | Report
Late game it's pretty much group and teamfights or if you got a rat/split comp/god rat the hell out of them. it's a bit like most other roles.

after you get the first tower you can push up to roam and gank other lanes.

Early game is a bit god depended and also influences mid an late of course. If you're a farming solo laner you should focus on farm a lot. If you're more of a lane bully go in for good trades.

If you know by the matchups if you're gonna win lane try to win it by going in for good trades (especially early lvls minions can make a lot of difference during trades. even too the point that the player with the higher minion count will win. I don't know if creep agro also works on abilities in smite. However if abilities don't generate agro this is the biggest factor making it different from trading in the mid lane). Make sure to ward or be more careful if you have no idea where the enemy jungler is.

If you know you're gonna lose try to hold the lane as good as possible and not lose to much gold. of course your jungle will also help you and maybe can even help you win the lane. The goal is pretty much to keep your tower up as long as possible so it's harder for the enemy solo to roam. however don't overstay. Even some extra pots can help you stay in lane longer.

Some general things is just like midlane. make sure that they have the choice of hitting you or the lane and not both. Keep track of CDs etc.

And make good use of your teleport. depending on your team you could maybe get some gold by teleporting to duo and help secure some kills there.

I think I can safely recommend you to watch some top lane LoL footage. Most lanes play pretty similar. and the topdown view can help giving you a little bit more info or being easier to follow when someone explains things.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }