Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Inexperinced at conquest.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Inexperinced at conquest. 9 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DeathTread » April 7, 2018 9:52pm | Report
Hello all. I am trying to find some suggestions for what guardians are preffered and or best in conquest. Also some tips on how to play them would be helpful. Thanks!

DeathTread

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » April 8, 2018 3:22am | Report
I can't offer tips, but Ganesha (support), Geb (support), Athena (support), Artio (support/solo), Fafnir (support), Cerberus (support/solo), Sobek (solo), Sylvanus (support) are quite good right now. This channel might be useful: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5E0CoQOW08RHu2ufDs3HIQ/videos

Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DeathTread » April 8, 2018 5:59am | Report
Thank you. I will definatly check it out. Im still open to suggestions from anyone.

DeathTread

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » April 8, 2018 9:02am | Report
Jeffhindla is also a great support player to follow for support tips ;)

Emilzy has a really aggressive playstyle for the most time and does a lot of warriors/assassin supports etc.

Jeffhindla mostly plays the true support role.

So both of them have all you need really to get good at support.

Emilzy has insanly much good stuff like tier rankings etc.
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DV-8 » April 8, 2018 10:42am | Report
If you are looking more into how to build supports in season 5, I'd also recommend PolarBearMike's YouTube channel, as he just made a season 5 support guide covering builds, relics, consumables, etc..

DV-8
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (35)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by boogiebass » April 8, 2018 12:46pm | Report
Oh wonderful. Thanks marki/dv8. I was looking for something like this. What I'm struggling with most right now is how much harder it is to farm for supports.

Also would you guys recommend talaria boots for solo lane? To skip out on buying teleport relic? I'm s4, I'd just buy swift wing cuz teleport honestly wasn't that great.

boogiebass
<World Serpent>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (46)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DV-8 » April 8, 2018 1:00pm | Report
boogiebass wrote:

Also would you guys recommend talaria boots for solo lane? To skip out on buying teleport relic? I'm s4, I'd just buy swift wing cuz teleport honestly wasn't that great.

I personally don't recommend it. In solo, Warrior Tabi is going to be one of your biggest power spikes (or Shoes of Focus if you're a Guardian solo).

You can still compete without building Teleport Glyph, but it is a pretty good relic on the larger map and is commonly built.

Talaria Boots is giving you a lot of things that you really don't need. The MP5 isn't much needed as you will most likely have the blue buff at all times. The movement speed is nice but you will usually spend your time farming your lane and boxing, not so much rotating (until the later game). For the same price as Warrior Tabi, giving up that 25 Power ruins your lane pressure against your opponent, and consequently, your snowball potential.

DV-8
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (35)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Gulfwulf » April 8, 2018 10:02pm | Report
What DV-8 said. I think supports the only ones who should take a serious look at the extra movement speed boots; everybody else benefits from power, pen, CDR, or attack speed depending upon their class and role.

Gulfwulf
<Guardian Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (81)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » April 9, 2018 12:37am | Report
To add to the above, whether you're looking to outclear and pressure the enemy, or just try to force a stalemate in lane, it all revolves around your strength in minion clear. Remember that only power translates to higher damage potential against minions. Pen and protection reduction don't have any effect on them.

So power, especially early, has a big effect on your ability to clear those minions. Not only does it help scaling on your abilities, but it's also basically a direct translation for your basics (factoring in the 10% + 1% per minute reduced damage, of course). If you're physical, 25 power difference = ~25 damage difference on basics.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }