Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Looking for help with Leauge Joust

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Mentoring » Looking for help with Leauge Joust 4 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MurseChris1982 » December 16, 2015 1:11am | Report
I know this has got to be the least played game type on Xbox One, but I am really getting in to it. The only issues I am having is that I am sucking so bad. I did well in the preliminary matched but at Silver V, for some reason I am getting dominated. Any help in this area would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all in advance, looking forward to being part of the community.
Do you even Chang'e?

MurseChris1982

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by CakeSlapping » December 16, 2015 2:24am | Report
Im gonna take a guess from your profile that you play Chang'e in which case I think you could benefit from shooting a PM on the subject to Zilby, as he's just got to diamond V with his Chang'e in 1v1 joust, so he'll probably have a few tips for you.

CakeSlapping

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » December 18, 2015 1:31am | Report
Screaming "Zilby get in here" would work too probably

(let's test it)

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » December 18, 2015 5:08am | Report
If I do see my name in the newsfeed I will likely look at the post :P

I've made a number of blogs on the topic but I'll try to sum up some basic stuff here. Of course if you still have questions you can pm me as CakeSlapping said.

1) Know the tiers and matchups. The best resource for this is Nshadow's Tier List (it's a little out of date, assume Sol to be S Tier and Chiron to be A tier). Realistically, to do your best in this gametype you want to be playing gods you are exceptional at within the tiers SS through A. B tier or below and you're running very high risk. Of course the lower the tier you're going, the better you need to be at the god in order to be successful for the most part. This tier list is mostly useful for the picks and bans stage. For example: as a Chang'e player, I know I absolutely cannot win against an experienced Chronos (can tower dive, is stronger both early and late in the game, only loses mid-game) or Hou Yi (having 25% penetration on his Mark of the Golden Crow + increased damage as well as a stun, an escape and a potent ultimate make him more threatening than any other ADC for Chang'e in a 1v1), thus I will always ban those two gods. However, Chronos is a very common ban. Thus if I'm banning, I'll ban Hou Yi first. Oftentimes my opponent will then ban Chronos giving me essentially a 3rd ban (I prefer to ban Apollo after this since I often have difficulty in that matchup). I also know that while Hel, Freya and Ah Muzen Cab are very high tier picks, that my winrate against those gods with Chang'e is actually favorable since it's a good matchup for me.

2) Counterbuilding. If you're used to playing other modes you don't build protections on squishy gods. This doesn't usually work in joust (it can depending on matchup for hunters, assassins and Freya). In most every other case, you'll want to build items to directly counter your enemy, protections of a single type are incredibly efficient since you always know if your enemy is dealing magical or physical damage, making them far more potent than they would be in a normal gametype. Some examples of such counterbuilding are:
- Midgardian Mail/ Hide of the Nemean Lion against AA gods
- Divine Ruin/ Pestilence against gods with healing or lots of lifesteal (eg: hunters)
-Any other defensive items you think would be useful for the matchup

3) Actives. Unless you know you absolutely need a specific active, don't rush it. Actives can be counterbuilt very easily. Eg: if you see your enemy build Weakening Curse just buy Greater Sprint. It completely negates their active while making you stronger with the extra movement speed.

4) Penetration. Just as protections are important, penetration is equally so. Generally Spear of the Magus or The Executioner are the best options for killing enemies that have 1 protections item or less while Obsidian Shard and Titan's Bane are best for killing enemies with 2 protections items or more and are also superior for taking down objectives like towers, phoenixes and the titan. Make sure to grab one of these items a game regardless of circumstance (unless you're Hou Yi or Kali since they have built in penetration they don't necessarily need these items every game).

Anyway hope this helps ^^
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }