Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Having a ton of trouble with Bastet

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Mentoring » Having a ton of trouble with Bastet 11 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xARLENx » December 17, 2015 4:31pm | Report
Hi everyone who reads this. Well, I decided I wanna move away from mages and start leveling an assassin. So I chose Bastet :). I'm an experienced level 30 player with one diamond so I don't need help on the "basic" basics, but I would like to start with the basics on Bastet. Builds, gameplay, when to go in(which I am horrible at) how to apply early game pressure and still stay alive and builds. Multiple builds such as full on assassin, bruiser, lifesteal incorporated, etc.

Thank you so much :) my ign is ARL3N and I am a PC player.

xARLENx

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GameGeekFan » December 17, 2015 4:46pm | Report
Well my Bastet guide can help you on the basics, as well as Prisms and a few others.

I definitely have the "when to go in" part down, and how to do it.

Just gank when they are pushing or in the middle of the lane, or a low health god.

GameGeekFan
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (50)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DeanOMiite » December 18, 2015 6:56am | Report
I love me some Bastet! Her ability to stay alive early thanks to the double jump is amazing. As for when to go in I typically wait until the enemy is pushed beyond halfway up their lane while also being sure my teammate in whatever lane has the health to pursue, since bastethe isn't likely to 100-to-0 someone right away. My favorite target is either a midlane since that's usually a squishy mage so start trying to get an early gank there...especially if you're against zeus or kukulkhan or anubis or whatever. I like to jump in from mid harpies, hit declaw into Razor Whip into cat call then i jump out. If my cats don't finish the kill hopefully my teammate will (that's why I say you should be sure your teammate can pursue before you commit.)

For builds...start with Bumba's Mask, lvl1 boots, pots, and wards. Do your camp rotation etc. Unless an enemy gets aggressive you probably shouldn't try a gank until you've backed once or hit lvl5...or both. For boots I like Warrior Tabi and then second I like to go Jotunn's Wrath. It has a bit of everything but best is the 25% cdr which Bastet needs as an ability based assassin. From there you can really do anything... Mail of Renewal is nice for a little protection and it maxes your cdr if you picked up jotunn. Some people like transendence which isn't a bad call. Those four items make for a nice core with a lot of power. Ancile isn't popular but I like it over Mail of Renewal if the solo laner is a magic god and you still have the cdr.

The last two items should be penetration items. Brawler's beatstick is amazing on bastet, and if you split push, which Bastet excels at, you might even want to buy The Crusher. If you use cat call to take tower or pheonix aggro, bastet with this build will absolutely ERASE an objevtive. If you don't like The Crusher then Titan's Bane works too.

If you don't want Mail of Renewal or Ancile for third item and you think 25% is enough cdr you can get Hide of the Urchin for good well rounded defense or you grab transendence here instead and maybe have a spot for crit later in the game.

DeanOMiite

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xARLENx » December 19, 2015 11:44am | Report
Oh. Specific game mode I need help on is siege. :/

xARLENx

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » December 21, 2015 6:38am | Report
Oh my ****ing god.

HOW LIFE TURNS !

ARL3N ! WHY DIDN'T YOU ASK ME IN GAME ABOUT HELP YOU BASTET !!!!!!

~Your Friend, ThePerfectPrism
Signature by Stuke99, check out his Website Portfolio and his SmiteFire Profile!

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xARLENx » December 22, 2015 11:39pm | Report
XD prism. I'm pretty sure I asked u yesterday but I might've not payed attention to a reply. Lolol. But hey. Make sure you're on tomorrow.

xARLENx

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xARLENx » December 22, 2015 11:39pm | Report
XD prism. I'm pretty sure I asked u yesterday but I might've not payed attention to a reply. Lolol. But hey. Make sure you're on tomorrow.

xARLENx

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Estidien » December 30, 2015 10:53am | Report
Alright I got this... time to release my patented Bastet build to the world.

Purchase Order: Warrior Tabi, Jotunn's Wrath, Mail of Renewal, Titan's Bane, Bulwark of Hope, Frostbound Hammer

The goal behind this build is to be able to dominate the early game, and harass the late game.

Pretty much use your Pounce situationally, if you can get in without using it, always save it. Depending on the god you're up against you can use it as a burst or chase.

Once you go in there are two pathways you can take depending on the kind of god you're up against, if you up against someone with an escape, make sure you save either your Pounce or Declaw so you can prevent a withdrawal. If you're not going up against someone with an escape, just be smart. If you're up against a Zeus with his ultimate still up, you may want to save Pounce to escape the radius, if you're up against an Anubis you may want to save Cat Call until his burst is used up. as long as you play smart generally you can slow and harass most enemies into submission.

In generally you're always going to want to start with either Pounce or Declaw on your target to apply Wound and get the increased damage on your Razor Whip

Just be conservative, play safe, do Bastet things, and win.

Estidien
<Ambush Artist>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » December 31, 2015 1:04pm | Report
Estidien wrote:

Alright I got this... time to release my patented Bastet build to the world.

I want Mowen AND Wayne confirming that mobafire network provides patents and confirming the "guide" is patented

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Estidien » January 1, 2016 8:34am | Report
Devampi wrote:

I want Mowen AND Wayne confirming that mobafire network provides patents and confirming the "guide" is patented

Uhhhh shoot, they're on to me! Nobody was supposed to question my patent claim!

Estidien
<Ambush Artist>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (30)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }