Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Conquest Ranked Experience

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Introductions & Matchmaking » Conquest Ranked Experience 43 posts - page 4 of 5
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xmysterionz » September 9, 2019 9:11am | Report
Gulfwulf wrote:

200 IQ play right there.

TOP SMITE BUILDS!!!

xmysterionz
<Sharpshooter>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (71)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GaseousClay » September 9, 2019 10:20am | Report
Gulfwulf wrote:

200 IQ play right there.

I legit "lol"...

In other news, I am ashamed to see I am the lowest elo in most games O_o... but my teammates play worse than me, lol... wtf

enemy 1300 Tyr went 9/1/12 , my 1500 went 0/8/6 ...

GaseousClay

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xmysterionz » September 9, 2019 10:45am | Report
As I always says, MMR and Elo are just numbers. There are several factors that may influence the match. Sometimes you can get both carried by your team since both just increase or decrease based on win/loss ratio.

xmysterionz
<Sharpshooter>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (71)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GaseousClay » September 11, 2019 2:35am | Report
So was just looking at my stats to see how much off fault I was to team losing...

Can someone explain what's diff off MMR, ELO, TP?

I am bronze w/ higher MMR than golds? Shouldn't MMR reflect your 'rank' ?

GaseousClay

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Gulfwulf » September 11, 2019 2:57pm | Report
Being in a party inflates your MMR, which is probably why you were matched up with Gold players.

Gulfwulf
<Guardian Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (81)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » September 11, 2019 3:26pm | Report
So...here's the thing.

Your actual "MMR" is a value that HiRez assigns. It's a value that accords your current ranking in terms of your base matchmaking value.

THEN...you actually want to go into the Ranked tab, and they also provide projections of where they think you may belong if you were to play enough matches...they expect based on performance up to that point that you would eventually "graduate" to that rank.

The linked picture is from SmiteGuru. The "SR" value is SG's rating of your particular skill with that god, and is mostly based on a base 1,500 score, adjusted based (on what I can tell) on win/loss for the most part, with perhaps partial additional adjustment based on actual performance of KDA. But it's based on your entire use of the god in all modes. From the SG definition:

SR is short for Skill Rating. This system is similar to the Elo+ system but is used per champion / god you play.

The point of this system is to rate a players skill on a particular champion.

As for SG's "Elo / Elo+, and MMR and whatnot, here's what they have to say about that. It's longer, so I'll put it in a spoiler.

SmiteGuru Elo, Elo+, MMR

My guess is, if you check the ranked tab in game, and check out that "projection" thing I was talking about, it has you slotted/projected as Gold or so, which is why you're being matched with other Golds (who probably have played a lot more, and are much closer to their "actual" ranking.

Now, if you haven't played much ranked, you'll start out in Bronze 3 (where you are right now), and when you play enough, you'll eventually be placed in a different rank...how much you jump depends on your performance to that point. If they continue to project you at Gold after multiple games, you might next jump to a silver ranking...closer to where they think you should be...but you'll have to continue working to graduate further.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GaseousClay » September 11, 2019 8:17pm | Report
Gulfwulf wrote:

Being in a party inflates your MMR, which is probably why you were matched up with Gold players.

hah, but I was solo Q'd o.o' .... I'm almost always soloQ life =D

Branmuffin17 wrote:

So...here's the thing.when you play enough, you'll eventually be placed in a different rank...how much you jump depends on your performance to that point.

thanks for taking the time to explain, but one Q... all that matters is W vs L regarding where you end up right?

At my level I can use Loki to carry, right? I've not played him but any invis god vs low elo always works for deleting and gtfo alive

GaseousClay

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » September 12, 2019 2:04am | Report
The MMR shown on Smiteguru isn’t accurate

Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GaseousClay » September 12, 2019 2:08am | Report
Kriega1 wrote:

The MMR shown on Smiteguru isn’t accurate

but the "gold" level designation is, right?
Ik for sure i'm bronze cause I just started playing

GaseousClay

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » September 12, 2019 2:16am | Report
GaseousClay wrote:

but the "gold" level designation is, right?
Ik for sure i'm bronze cause I just started playing

Yes

Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }