Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Phobos, Greek God of Panic/Fear

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » Phobos, Greek God of Panic/Fear 11 posts - page 1 of 2

Poll Question:

Do you want this god in game?
No
Yes
VOTE
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ZHA Shadow » May 21, 2015 5:33pm | Report
Phobos is the Greek god of fear/panic. He is the son of Ares and I think would make a cool god.

Passive: Phobos leaks fear all around him scaring Gods and slowing their cooldowns by 10% in 55 units

Ability 1: Fear blast: Medium width cone attack: Shoots out fear in a conical shape hitting all enemies doing damage - This would be the main damage/wave clear ability. It would be high damage cane and that's kinda it. i'm bad at damage/mana balancing so I'll leave that to the people payed for that :D

Ability 2: Leech: Self Buff: Gains additional magic power based on enemies around him. Something like +10 magical power per god and +2 magical power per minion +35% magical power: Lasts 7 seconds: Idk how it'd level up but that'd be a cool ability.

Abilty 3: Frozen in Fear: Area Effect: Area effect that does a small amount damage and stuns enemies for 2 seconds

Ability 4: Ultimate: Stumble: Area effect: In a 90 unit area around Phobos enemies are sent running in a random direction for 3 seconds then slowed for 3 seconds afterwards. Also so adds 10 seconds to all cooldowns currently in process.

Type of god: Magical, Melee

Looks: Something like this but maybe a bit darker and mysterious http://res.cloudinary.com/hrscywv4p/image/upload/c_limit,h_540,w_720/dssgpyptpbaerxxz9a4o.jpg
-Shadow Out

ZHA Shadow

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » May 21, 2015 6:27pm | Report
Nope, too OP.

We would need to be top ban for everything, just cuz of cooldown. He is a counter to gods like Chang'e and Nox, which are not the best, and the only thing that saves them is their cooldown...

I would say that the passive should be something like a Runic Shield kind of deal, but with less range and less magical damage lost / protections lost ( like 10, 20 )

He's 2 Is, by far, would be the most OP Ability in the game. In a teamfight in middle lane, it would be a +50 magical power just by having the entire enemy team in the lane, + minions ? AND ANOTHER +35% ? NOPE !

He's 3 could be nerfed to 1.25, so it would be more fair.

He's 4 ... remodel it ... it's bigger then Ah Puch ult, in fact, it would be around the distance between both your tier 1 tower and the enemy tier 1 tower ( around that ) and you can't control your character, for 3 seconds, a slow 3 seconds after and a +10 to everything ? WHAT DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH FEAR ? I mean, if you want to make a "fear" based god, make the enemy divinity use he's ability damage's himself. Also, remodel the way the ult works. I mean, it sounds like you don't even need to be hit by it. Make a very thiny line ( like Ah Muzen Cab's ult ) and a 30 feet range ( Yes, feet is the system to measure distance in SMITE ) and it should only hit 1 enemy god.

It would still be really OP, but we can talk about it later.
Signature by Stuke99, check out his Website Portfolio and his SmiteFire Profile!

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ZHA Shadow » May 24, 2015 9:54pm | Report
I think we need to keep the abilities themselves kinda the same but stats and numbers are open for change.
-Shadow Out

ZHA Shadow

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Wolfman5665 » May 25, 2015 12:15pm | Report
You DEFINITELY need to reduce the range of the ult!!! It reaches from TOWER TO TOWER in any lane if you stand in the middle, so think about how far it could reach on the edge of a tower! This could CLEAR the jungle completely if the enemies are taking FG. By far too op.

EDIT: Basically what perfectprism said.

Also, the picture is the same one that PJsutnop used for his god idea, but I don't think it really matters.

Wolfman5665

Remarkable (6)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ZHA Shadow » May 27, 2015 3:32pm | Report
Phobos is the Greek god of fear/panic. He is the son of Ares and I think would make a cool god.

Passive: Phobos leaks fear all around him scaring Gods and slowing their cooldowns by 3% in 25 units

Ability 1: Fear blast: Medium width cone attack: Shoots out fear in a conical shape hitting all enemies doing damage - This would be the main damage/wave clear ability. It would be high damage cane and that's kinda it. i'm bad at damage/mana balancing so I'll leave that to the people payed for that :D

Ability 2: Leech: Self Buff: Gains additional magic power based on enemies around him. Something like +2 magical power per god and +1 magical power per minion +35% magical power: Lasts 3 seconds: Idk how it'd level up but that'd be a cool ability.

Abilty 3: Frozen in Fear: Area Effect: Area effect that does a small amount damage and stuns enemies for 1.5 seconds

Ability 4: Ultimate: Stumble: Area effect: In a 45 unit area around Phobos enemies are sent running in a random direction for .75 seconds then slowed for 1 seconds afterwards. Also so adds 3 seconds to all cooldowns currently in process.

Type of god: Magical, Melee

Looks: Something like this but maybe a bit darker and mysterious http://res.cloudinary.com/hrscywv4p/image/upload/c_limit,h_540,w_720/dssgpyptpbaerxxz9a4o.jpg

I edited the whole thing to make it less OP. Is it still OP or is it too weak?
-Shadow Out

ZHA Shadow

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » May 27, 2015 3:42pm | Report
I feel like as the god of fear, not having any of his abilities apply the fear status effect is kind of odd :/
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ZHA Shadow » May 27, 2015 3:57pm | Report
There is a fear status effect? I know a fair bit about Smite but definitely not everything XD What does it do? And if I can I'll incorporate it because they would be very fitting.
-Shadow Out

ZHA Shadow

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FemFatalis » May 27, 2015 5:28pm | Report
Hades's 2 applies fear, as does Hun Batz's ult.
For Glory! An Ullr ADC Guide
A Strong Bond! An Aphrodite Solo Guide
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, ‘You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.’"
-George Carlin

FemFatalis

Established (15)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » May 27, 2015 6:10pm | Report
This is so bad, it's almost funny.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » May 28, 2015 1:16am | Report
ZHA Shadow wrote:

Passive: Phobos leaks fear all around him scaring Gods and slowing their cooldowns by 3% in 25 units

you tweaked this pretty right would have kept the 55 units (or Void Shield range)

ZHA Shadow wrote:

Ability 2: Leech: Self Buff: Gains additional magic power based on enemies around him. Something like +2 magical power per god and +1 magical power per minion +35% magical power: Lasts 3 seconds: Idk how it'd level up but that'd be a cool ability.

IMO this ability can better be used as passive. you would get something like thor's passive then but this is a weird buff and the 35% makes it still OP lategame. I would recommend doing the numbers back to 10 MP and +2 and put a cap on it like 15/30/45/60/75 MP (

ZHA Shadow wrote:

Abilty 3: Frozen in Fear: Area Effect: Area effect that does a small amount damage and stuns enemies for 1.5 seconds

dependign on the aoe I would give the stun timer. if it's like scylla's aoe it's to high if it's like he bo knockup then it's alright

ZHA Shadow wrote:

Ability 4: Ultimate: Stumble: Area effect: In a 45 unit area around Phobos enemies are sent running in a random direction for .75 seconds then slowed for 1 seconds afterwards. Also so adds 3 seconds to all cooldowns currently in process.

I would say make make the slow (depending on how big it is) 2-3 sec again

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }