Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

(Ideas/Suggestions) Guardian Items

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » (Ideas/Suggestions) Guardian Items 20 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MyGoldfish » August 9, 2015 7:10am | Report
I play mainly as a guardian, i prefer the tank gameplay, without dealing damage, letting my friends do the damage.

• Sun Guard Helmet
o Tier 2 (1100)
o After Imperial Helmet
o +50 Health
o +15 Magical Power
o +10 Physical Protection

(Just an inbetween item to red cliff helm)

• Red Cliff Helm
o Tier 3 (2600)
o After Sun Helm
o +300 Health
o +25 Magical Power
o +40 Physical Protection
o PASSIVE – 10% of damage taken before mitigation is stored up, capping at 5% maximum health. You consume this damage to apply on your next basic attack.

(I really wanted another return damage item besides nemean skin. So this is more for damage-tanks)

• Cloud Head Band
o Tier 3 (2750)
o After Jade Mountain Helm
o +65 Physical Protection
o +15 Magical Power
o +20% Crowd Control Reduction
o PASSIVE – Allies in a 10 foot radius gain a shield that gives 10% crowd control reduction and 0.5% of your maximum health every 5 seconds, which lasts for 5 seconds.

(Counters the often to effective penetrations, but otherwise is used to get more crowd control reduction)

• Ceremonial Buckler
o Tier 1 (675)
o +30 Magical Protection

(we need more options for magic protection)

• Glass Shield
o Tier 2 (1450)
o After Ceremonial Buckler
o +30 Magic Protection
o +15% Cooldown Reduction
o +100 Mana

(Early and cheap cooldown reduction item, also cooldown reduction item with magic protection. I miss a lot of options if it comes to magic protection.)

• Cloak Defense
o Tier 3 (2700)
o After Glass Shield
o +75 Magical Protection
o +15% Cooldown Reduction
o +100 Mana
o +10% Movement Speed
o PASSIVE – Your basic attacks heal allies that are hit with 5% of your magical power.

(An escape item for )

• Mirror Shield
o Tier 3 (2755)
o After Glass Shield
o +45 Magical Protection
o +30% Cooldown Reduction
o +300 Mana
o +100 Health
o PASSIVE – Your cooldowns are reduced by 1 second upon being damaged. This effect has a 2 second cooldown. However whenever your abilities deal damage or heal you get the 50% of that amount as damage returned (your protections and damage reductions do have effect on this).

(An item that is very useful for supports. Giving more cooldown reduction, but the trade off, the damage you do to yourself, forces supports to go tanky, because they basicly lend out health to their allies instead)

•Pavis
o Tier 2 (1500)
o After Ceremonial Buckler
o +35 Magical Protection
o +350 Health

(Focus of this item branch is for giving more health and magic protection. Mainly used for non-damage dealing tanks)

• Svalinn
o Tier 3 (2645)
o After Pavis
o +45 Magical Protection
o +700 health
o PASSIVE – You take less damage equal to 1% of your maximum health, this also applies to allies but only half in a 10 foot radius. However your magical power is reduced by 50%.

(Similar like the mark of the vanguard. Flat number damage reduction. Alternative to protections, if the enemies completely build against protections. However burst damage still does the job. The trade off is mainly to counter ares or basic attack builds)

• Clockwork Shield
o Tier 3 (2560)
o After Pavis
o +45 Magical Protection
o +600 health
o PASSIVE – All incoming damage, before mitigations, is spread out over 3 seconds every second. (applying damage mitigations on each instance(see svalinn)) This stacks with other items. However all damage you output is reduced by 75%. This stacks with other items.

(Much more tankiness against burst damage, being able to react to it, deaths give you a 2 second delay, in a lot of occasions enough to survive, it also applies your damage mitigations 3 times on every attack)

Stats and prices are not finished/balanced. But leave a comment to tell me your thoughts.

MyGoldfish

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » August 9, 2015 7:56am | Report
This is ... interesting. I'm having a mixed bag of fillings about this, but I think it would be a great addition to the game.

I actually really like to see these, since I'm one of those ppl who put on the Feedback to put more ******* items in the game.
Signature by Stuke99, check out his Website Portfolio and his SmiteFire Profile!

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Tinishadow » August 9, 2015 10:05am | Report
Mirror Shield has the possibility of making support mages ridiculous with aphro in particular

to discourage this make it reduce basically the heal abilities do aswell (so not only your dmg is reduced by 50% percent but if your abilities heal that also gets reduced aswell)

Becarefull with the

Void Shield item interaction
cause for example anubis only deals like 120 dmg but deals it in various ticks and very bursty so becarefull with this items interaction

Tinishadow

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » August 9, 2015 11:55am | Report
800 health on a single item is obscenely high.
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » August 9, 2015 1:56pm | Report
Zilby wrote:

800 health on a single item is obscenely high.

But not broken.

Warmogs in LoL = used to be 1000 health.

Smite's own Guantlet of Thebes = 950 health when fully stacked, and the broken version had +15% max health, and the former was utter garbage.

Seriously, 800 health is high, but not broken.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MyGoldfish » August 10, 2015 2:20am | Report
Tinishadow wrote:

Mirror Shield has the possibility of making support mages ridiculous with aphro in particular

to discourage this make it reduce basically the heal abilities do aswell (so not only your dmg is reduced by 50% percent but if your abilities heal that also gets reduced aswell)

Becarefull with the

cause for example anubis only deals like 120 dmg but deals it in various ticks and very bursty so becarefull with this items interaction

I'm rethinking the drawbacks, the drawbacks can be irrelevant depending on the god, if you only equip one of the items. Like Svalinn can be very OP for a high burst damage mage.

MyGoldfish

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MyGoldfish » August 10, 2015 2:44am | Report
Tinishadow wrote:

Becarefull with the

I changed the mirror shield, you still benefit from it as healer. But you need to be more tanky, trading off your health for allies. If you build tanky enough you can sustain it enough.

MyGoldfish

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Setolino » August 10, 2015 3:27am | Report
Rofl Void Shield and Svalinn are op as **** :D
"Wololol" -Age of Empires

Setolino
<Godlike>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MyGoldfish » August 10, 2015 3:55am | Report
Setolino wrote:

Rofl Void Shield and Svalinn are op as **** :D

why?

MyGoldfish

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » August 10, 2015 4:19am | Report
MyGoldfish wrote:

why?

void shield nullifies mages on ults and certain abilities and ir removes the adc crit damage..
And Svallin is really broken as most guardians building support reach 3500-4000 hp with this item and then you and your allies have a damage reduction of 700-800. add protection on this and some hunters can't damage you and most mages only with their ult.

And because tanks don't do a lot of damage normally the 40% reduction isn't that big deal for what they get

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }