Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

(Ideas/Suggestions) Guardian Items

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » (Ideas/Suggestions) Guardian Items 20 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MyGoldfish » August 10, 2015 5:06am | Report
Devampi wrote:

void shield nullifies mages on ults and certain abilities and ir removes the adc crit damage..
And Svallin is really broken as most guardians building support reach 3500-4000 hp with this item and then you and your allies have a damage reduction of 700-800. add protection on this and some hunters can't damage you and most mages only with their ult.

And because tanks don't do a lot of damage normally the 40% reduction isn't that big deal for what they get

K noted. but its only 70 - 80, not 700 - 800. But indeed the damage cap is too low, going to raise it.
VVX
changed the passive a bit, still has the same mindset, but isn't that high damage reduction

MyGoldfish

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » August 10, 2015 6:05am | Report
MyGoldfish wrote:

K noted. but its only 70 - 80, not 700 - 800. But indeed the damage cap is too low, going to raise it.
VVX
changed the passive a bit, still has the same mindset, but isn't that high damage reduction

oops my bad forgot to put in one zero XD making svallin a whole lot less broken.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Setolino » August 10, 2015 9:12am | Report
Bascially what he said, you would have to reduce the health to 200-250 or so.
"Wololol" -Age of Empires

Setolino
<Godlike>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MyGoldfish » August 10, 2015 9:46am | Report
Setolino wrote:

Bascially what he said, you would have to reduce the health to 200-250 or so.

of the 2 shields?
Nah, their purpose is giving high health. Because there are way to few items that give enough health.

In terms of price and stats they are balanced.
And the passives seem also balanced now

MyGoldfish

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » August 10, 2015 12:02pm | Report
Time for individual feedback.

Red Cliff Helm: Why does this item has barely any tank stats? That's not right. Also, there are no "damage tanks," you call them bruisers, and this thread is supposedly for Guardians. Secondly, this item is obviously best for those stacking large amounts of magical power, as its effect will literally deal 14 magic damage by itself, before mitigations, which is utter garbage, and it is also unbalanced against certain DoT mages, making it niche at best even if you do adjust the numbers - and no matter what the numbers are, it'll either be broken against DoTs and good against everyone else, or merely okay against DoTs and useless against anyone else, so it's badly designed.

Cloud Head Band: Good lord not another ****ing aura item. No. Just...not. Most ADCs build Executioner anyway, making this item pointless. Passive has no counterplay, and I still don't understand why you think shoving power onto tank items is good design.

Cloak Shield: For 2130 cost, this item is overpowered, along with another no-counterplay passive. It's just a weird, single target version of Runic Shield and Witch Blade. HiRez has no imagination. Don't make me think you don't, either. Stats are a little too much for the price.

Mirror Shield: No. Just...no. This is terrible design, and completely broken for some gods - example: Chang'e gets a 13 second ult and a 2 second invincibility. It's not even that broken on mages due to the complete lack of power, albeit the cheap cost. It's just badly designed.

Svasomething: For 2200 gold, you get the most broken ****ing passive in the game. Why the **** do you keep putting meaningless downsides to your passives and act like that's somehow a balancing factor? Suffers from the same overspecialization against DoTs, and one thing HiRez AND YOU don't understand is that "counterplay" itself needs counterplay.

Void Shield: You do realize this item offers zero protection against "crits?" It doesn't mitigate damage with its passive, just spread it out, meaning it is literally useless against critical attacks. It's passive is solely to screw with burst damage. Don't like it for how pointless it is.

tl;dr: They're not very good.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Setolino » August 10, 2015 5:25pm | Report
MyGoldfish wrote:

of the 2 shields?
Nah, their purpose is giving high health. Because there are way to few items that give enough health.

In terms of price and stats they are balanced.
And the passives seem also balanced now

Let´s imply you would get one of the items+ the core guardian start.

At lvl 20 with 4 items, you would have 3750 health on Athena. Now if we assume you can buy both items it would be 4500 put a Etheral Staff on it and you are over 5000, with just one of the items at 4750. That is pretty stupid since with Etheral you gonna have around 300-350 magical power. With both items it should be around 400 ?

Of course if you get both items you have not enough physical protection, but who cares you are far over the 5k cap. And if you can just get one item, you just buy the item that gives you the most physical proctection, Hide of the Nemean Lion.
"Wololol" -Age of Empires

Setolino
<Godlike>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MyGoldfish » August 11, 2015 12:22am | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

Time for individual feedback.

Red Cliff Helm: Why does this item has barely any tank stats? That's not right. Also, there are no "damage tanks," you call them bruisers, and this thread is supposedly for Guardians. Secondly, this item is obviously best for those stacking large amounts of magical power, as its effect will literally deal 14 magic damage by itself, before mitigations, which is utter garbage, and it is also unbalanced against certain DoT mages, making it niche at best even if you do adjust the numbers - and no matter what the numbers are, it'll either be broken against DoTs and good against everyone else, or merely okay against DoTs and useless against anyone else, so it's badly designed.

Cloud Head Band: Good lord not another ****ing aura item. No. Just...not. Most ADCs build Executioner anyway, making this item pointless. Passive has no counterplay, and I still don't understand why you think shoving power onto tank items is good design.

Cloak Shield: For 2130 cost, this item is overpowered, along with another no-counterplay passive. It's just a weird, single target version of Runic Shield and Witch Blade. HiRez has no imagination. Don't make me think you don't, either. Stats are a little too much for the price.

Mirror Shield: No. Just...no. This is terrible design, and completely broken for some gods - example: Chang'e gets a 13 second ult and a 2 second invincibility. It's not even that broken on mages due to the complete lack of power, albeit the cheap cost. It's just badly designed.

Svasomething: For 2200 gold, you get the most broken ****ing passive in the game. Why the **** do you keep putting meaningless downsides to your passives and act like that's somehow a balancing factor? Suffers from the same overspecialization against DoTs, and one thing HiRez AND YOU don't understand is that "counterplay" itself needs counterplay.

Void Shield: You do realize this item offers zero protection against "crits?" It doesn't mitigate damage with its passive, just spread it out, meaning it is literally useless against critical attacks. It's passive is solely to screw with burst damage. Don't like it for how pointless it is.

tl;dr: They're not very good.

K, first thanks for the criticism, but you should be more constructive instead of only being destructive.
I did extract some feedback from it

So the first 3 items fit in the tree of the imperial helmet. So the stats are based on the the items from that tree.

I put in the dependence on magical power, because I thought people would find it to OP for tanks, and more fitting for bruisers.
And a lot of people (which i hate) play bruiser rather than guardian

Red Cliff Helm (hope someone gets the reference someday)

One of the tank ways of dealing damage in games is mostly by return damage, but because nemean skin is only basic attack. I wanted a more overall return damage.
The disable i based on another item, which i forgot. And most mages do a hard CC before unleashing their ults. So its mainly against harassing mages.

Cloud head band

If you want counter play, then this is counterplay you know... Its also more fit against burst damage like assassins, warriors and mages, whom mostly crowd control before attacking

Cloak Shield

Increased the price, the thing is, runic shield is only for physical gods. But i changed it, it's true that it doesn't add now gameplay or so. But the stats still matter. So i've added a chance that it just ignores a damage instance completely. Which is still chance, for more nooby players.

Mirror Shield

The purpose is still more for guardians and supports. If you remove the magic power, healers become useless. So i've also added more damage.

Svalinn (norse mythological shield)

Its an upgraded mark of the vanguard. I changed the area of effect only to apply half, so that's a lot less.

Void shield

And that is what you dont find unblanaced? You are really inconsistent man. Damage mitigations apply 3 times to each instance, which is very strong for guardians.

MyGoldfish

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » August 11, 2015 2:15am | Report
your explanation on voidshield is vague. You say it's spread out over 3 seconds but you didn't state the intervals and that every interval will apply mitigations. Also does it look like it will take the damage from a full ra ult then throws mitigations over it and spread that number out over 3 sec. meaning that it as usefull against crits as normal items only will it damage you delayed.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » August 11, 2015 2:20am | Report
"K, first thanks for the criticism, but you should be more constructive instead of only being destructive."

What, so I lie through my teeth?

Redcliff: Still garbage, and uncounterable. The passive amount doesn't really matter - the problem is that you're creating an item that has damage you literally can't avoid. It has the exact same problem as that ******ed Shield of the Underworld - no counterplay.

Also, the crowd-control thing is stupid, considering everyone has hard CC in Smite. You obviously based it off of Magi something / Spirit Cloak, only that doesn't work, because who would hard CC a tank, and THEN proceed to focus them?

It just doesn't work. The entire "damage reflect" idea doesn't work. It's an outdated, stupid concept that few champions can use, and shouldn't even be on Guardians since their entire role makes them the last person to be focused in a fight.

Cloud Head Band: You clearly are completely new to game design. *facepalm* Also, I think you misplaced that last sentence.

Cloak Shield: You are dumb. I'm not sugarcoating this in any way; I just lost what little respect I had for you as a designer. A 2% chance to mitigate any damage source is not only RNG, it is stupid, mindbogglingly terrible RNG.

Mirror Shield: *facepalm* You have no clue what you are talking about. Firstly, there are no healer tanks except Sylvanus, who doesn't get this item because of those two instalock tank aura items that everyone gets. Secondly, all the healers in this game have insane base values and that item has 30% CDR. Lastly, what the actual **** are you talking about, Mirror Shield doesn't have any magical power, and the grammar in that entry would obfuscate a crack team of the world's leading cryptologists.

Syvanlin: The reason why Mark works and this item doesn't is specifically because Mark only blocks a tiny amount. The lever of balance for this item is very, very, VERY unstable.

Oh, and it's also yet another aura item that you made. Running out of ideas? Also, auras have no counterplay if its an instant team buff that you give just by standing there. It's boring and uninteractive.

Void Shield: What the **** are you trying to say? I don't find the passive to be useful at all.

Also, you are a complete idiot if you don't even know how the damage system in this game works. You don't take less damage from DoTs or multi-hits because "Damage mitigations apply 3 times to each instance." Each hit is reduced by a percentage, so 30% of 300 is 90, and 30% of 100 + 100 + 100 is still ****ing 90.

If you still mean that damage goes through protections three ****ing times, you just dug your own grave because holy **** **** that is BROKEN. Even ADCs would build it, because even with the BARE MINIMUM of 30 protections, this item would reduced damage by 54%.

Can you at least understand the damn game before you try to make items?

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » August 11, 2015 2:50am | Report
In fact, I'll one you up by crafting better versions of all of your items. Because I'm in that kind of mood right now (grumpy, irritated, and in a serious case of writer's block.)

Red Cliff Helmet: 2600 cost, 50 magical protections, 200 health, 10% CDR. Passive: Retribution: You deflect and store 5% of all damage you take before mitigations, capping off at 15% of your maximum health, unleashing it as magic damage on your next basic attack against an enemy god.

Voila, a "revenge" item that has counterplay, mainly because the champ has to 1: Build very tanky to get the most damage out of it, and 2: actually reach the target to unleash the fury.

Balance levers: Type of damage, amount and type of damage stored, damage cap.

Cloud Head Band: 3000 cost, 50 magical protection, 450 health. Passive: Shield: You grant 60 + 5 per level + 10% of your maximum health as a shield to a nearby (within 20 feet) ally who falls beneath 30% health for 2 seconds. This effect has a 120 second cooldown.

You basically auto-shield anyone near who gets low, and it is not an insignificant amount, reaching around 600 health for full tanks. The counterplay is in the fact it has only a 2 second duration, and you have to be fairly close to the ally to use it.

Balance levers: Shield base, shield percent, shield duration, shield cooldown.

Cloak Shield: 3000 cost, 30 physical protection, 600 health, 5% move speed. Passive: I Can't Even Think of One due to Its Weird Name: Enemies you damage deal 10% reduced damage and lose 10% attack speed for 1.5 seconds.

Damage enemies, no matter how small, and reduce their damage in turn. Counterplay: Depends on god.

Balance Levers: Debuff duration, item cost/stats.

Mirror Shield: 3000 cost, 800 health, 5% move speed, 10% CDR. Passive: Masochism: Your cooldowns are reduced by 1 second upon being damaged. This effect has a 2.5 second cooldown.

Basically a CDR item dependent on tankiness. If you are in the thick of a fight, you can get a good amount out of this, but it depends on you tanking damage aka doing your damn job. Counterplay is in precise damage, ignoring the enemy tank rather than throwing around massive AoEs to exploit. An item that relies on CDR for CDR is just asking for snowballing trouble.

Balance levers: Internal cooldown, cooldown reduction amount.

Svavavavavavalin: 2400 cost, 50 physical protection, 500 health. Passive: Shield Wall: You share 10% of your current protections to all allies within 18 feet.

This item's power depends heavily on stacking protections, and at most (assuming 300 protection of a kind, you'll grant 30 protections, which is alright.)

THIS is how you design support auras: toying with their balancing levers. In this case, range - you need to be within 20 feet, and surprise surprise, most AoE damage has a 20 foot radius. Getting your entire team clustered up isn't that great of an idea.

Balance Levers: Shared amount, range.

Void Shield: BTW, this item already exists. Void Shield. See?

3000 cost, 50 physical protection, 50 magical protection.

Passive: Vacuum Wave: Enemies who damage or become damaged by you become marked for 5 seconds. For every marked enemy within 30 feet, you gain 10% move speed. Every Mark beyond the first speeds for half, up to a maximum of 30% move speed.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }