Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Chrisitian pantheon

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » Chrisitian pantheon 36 posts - page 1 of 4
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by pOOsie » January 13, 2016 8:37am | Report
They should add moses to the game. he could use the plagues of egypt as his abilities. It could be cool. I also think Jesus and satan could be good ideas. I doubt they will add them because people would get all butthurt about it.

pOOsie

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » January 13, 2016 3:31pm | Report
Hi-Rez is still haunted by the hindu religions saying that they make their gods sexual, so the christians would probably send everyone to Hell and make all christian moms prohibit their children from playing the game, so yeahhh
Signature by Stuke99, check out his Website Portfolio and his SmiteFire Profile!

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GameGeekFan » January 13, 2016 3:45pm | Report
JESUS, USE HOLY WATER.

ULTIMATE ABILITY: RESURRECTION

SATAN FINAL ABILITY: DESCEND TO HELL.

MOSE PARTS THE RED SEA!!!!

Love it.

GameGeekFan
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (50)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by CakeSlapping » January 13, 2016 4:23pm | Report
I don't think Jesus would be a very good god for this game because it takes him 3 days to respawn.

;) ;)

CakeSlapping

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » January 13, 2016 4:46pm | Report
Think seriously about the concept you are presenting: introducing a MONOTHEISTIC pantheon. You know, the kind with only one God? Just one? There may be a slight problem with that.
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Diomedes232 » January 13, 2016 5:40pm | Report
1 to you @Zilby

Diomedes232

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Diomedes232 » January 13, 2016 5:40pm | Report
1 to you @Zilby

Diomedes232

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GameGeekFan » January 13, 2016 6:40pm | Report
Not only that Zilbs. The Christian extremists are bound to find it, and will accuse Hi-Rez of so many things its not even funny.

Christianity is such a huge topic right now that even mentioning it in public could cause huge debates, and the Pope IS the center of attention.

GameGeekFan
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (50)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BurnMojo231 » January 13, 2016 9:53pm | Report

Hi-Rez is still haunted by the hindu religions saying that they make their gods sexual, so the christians would probably send everyone to Hell and make all christian moms prohibit their children from playing the game, so yeahhh

I actually don't buy that, because if Hi-Rez was "still haunted" by the Hindu incident they would have actually stopped adding gods from that pantheon. For that matter they would not add pantheons
that still are being worshiped. Also The whole thing was not about the sexualsation what is was about is the the fact that you could control the gods at all(http://www.hinducurrents.com/articles/share/99397/).As the President of Universal Society of Hinduism Rajan Zed argued manipulating the gods is disrespectful. What I think which is purely conjecture is that Hi-Rez is based in the south and in the south Christianity is king, and much of the U.S and Europe is of the same religion. That would mean they would not want to piss off their main audience. I also think it is a lack of respect for Hinduism by Hi-Rez. So Hi-Rez loses respect from me because they have chosen not to add Christen mythology, they have implicitly stated that the other religions are false and Christianity
is the truth and that is truly is the most offensive statement they have made.

BurnMojo231

Notable (1)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by CakeSlapping » January 13, 2016 11:31pm | Report
Well... Well no... Christianity is just a damn boring religion to translate into a game like this.

You could work around the monotheism by using angels like deities, as they have done with other religions. So then you could have God, the Angel Gabriel, and the Angel satan.

None of these figures lore has anything that would translate remotely well into a COMBAT BASED GAME. Like what did Gabriel ever do? Inform Mary that God was planting Jesus inside her? That would make for a great smite character right?

It's not about being scared to offend Christians, it's about Christianity not having any gods/deities that would work in a combat game

CakeSlapping

Prominent (29)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }