Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Chrisitian pantheon

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » Chrisitian pantheon 36 posts - page 3 of 4
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BurnMojo231 » January 14, 2016 5:49pm | Report
GameGeekFan wrote:

And we look on what he said, "...Christian mythology isnt really CONSIDERED ancient."

I suggest we stop figuring out why pantheons can be considered for Smite, but the responses for it.

We all know what happened with Hindu followers and Kali. Imagine Christians and all the threats. Especially the extremists. And then they have the famous leader in Vatican City, the Pope. Its a pretty big religion. Also Christianity is supposed to be known for peace. As far as I know, fighting other gods and minions isnt really considered "peaceful."

"Christianity is supposed to be known for peace." Matthew 10:34 "Do not think that I came to bring peace on the earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. "For I came to SET A MAN AGAINST HIS FATHER, AND A DAUGHTER AGAINST HER MOTHER, AND A DAUGHTER-IN-LAW AGAINST HER MOTHER-IN-LAW...
Peaceful indeed, And I stated earlier they still add Hindu gods. so Hi-Rez does not have much of a leg to stand on. It is either hypocrisy, malice, negligence, a lack or respect for the Hindu
Religion, Or cowards in fear of the Abrahamic worshipers.

BurnMojo231

Notable (1)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BurnMojo231 » January 14, 2016 6:05pm | Report
GameGeekFan wrote:

And we look on what he said, "...Christian mythology isnt really CONSIDERED ancient."

Which is Why I asked what is ancient. Is it years, or is it perspective, if the latter ancient hold no value as a word. Because I could use the word for trivial matters like a 14 year old computer, in perspective a very ancient computer.

BurnMojo231

Notable (1)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GameGeekFan » January 14, 2016 6:20pm | Report
One quote does not define an entire religion, or all the people of that religion, and I did say "supposed". At least right now the Pope is promoting peace (I mean he is the first Pope (I think) that doesnt say anything negative about gay marriage).

Dont take the Bible word for word, its full of outdated texts that no longer apply irl as much as they did back then. When I was Christian they taught me that God is with us, the people. I always thought that meant that he also changes with us. Like he goes with the times.

GameGeekFan
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (50)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BurnMojo231 » January 14, 2016 6:29pm | Report
GameGeekFan wrote:

One quote does not define an entire religion, or all the people of that religion, and I did say "supposed". At least right now the Pope is promoting peace (I mean he is the first Pope (I think) that doesnt say anything negative about gay marriage).

Dont take the Bible word for word, its full of outdated texts that no longer apply irl as much as they did back then. When I was Christian they taught me that God is with us, the people. I always thought that meant that he also changes with us. Like he goes with the times.

The last pope covered up pedophilia. The bible is full of contradictions is What I wanted to state.
So not exactly peace, especially when many churches preach hate and others preach greed like seed faith while Jesus threw out the money changers.

BurnMojo231

Notable (1)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GameGeekFan » January 14, 2016 6:49pm | Report
The actions of some do not define the whole.

This went off topic real quick.

GameGeekFan
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (50)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BurnMojo231 » January 14, 2016 6:58pm | Report
I never said it did. You implied all Christians are supposed to peaceful while I said that we have many type of worshipers and some of them are **** people.

BurnMojo231

Notable (1)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BurnMojo231 » January 14, 2016 7:00pm | Report
And we did go off topic my bad. But we should still add the Abrahamic pantheon to Smite.

BurnMojo231

Notable (1)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » January 14, 2016 7:10pm | Report
The simple fact that this thread sparked such a heated debate in such a short amount of time kind of shows why they're not going to though. Honestly though we should drop this topic before people start getting at each others' throats.
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BurnMojo231 » January 14, 2016 7:32pm | Report
Zilby wrote:

The simple fact that this thread sparked such a heated debate in such a short amount of time kind of shows why they're not going to though. Honestly though we should drop this topic before people start getting at each others' throats.

Okay that is the best point but I'll leave everyone with this video from mud2mmo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTkcMegTncA which backs your point.

BurnMojo231

Notable (1)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BurnMojo231 » January 14, 2016 7:51pm | Report
My point still stands that when Hi-Rez added Hinduism into Smite it opened a Pandora's Box that could be solved by removing Hindu gods, because from an outside viewing It would seem like a double standard that holds Christianity in a higher value than Hinduism which is true.

BurnMojo231

Notable (1)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }