Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Why reddit doesn't like Smitefire

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Why reddit doesn't like Smitefire 45 posts - page 3 of 5
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » January 27, 2014 3:02am | Report
That makes it even worse :/ now it has NO content at all

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » January 27, 2014 3:11am | Report
Tiermonster is used by ppl who know how to play, all they need is a idea about how to build.

It takes you like 5 sec to figure it out, just go to the site and click the god.

That is what makes it soo good, it is easy and fast.

When it comes to builds the site is lacking, but that is not what the site was made for (even the ability to make guides was just added like a few months ago).

It is a site for presenting stats, information about tournaments, keeping track of players etc etc.

Smitefire is more in depth, and more about guides. It could be great, but a lot of ppl are keeping it down and that is sad!
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » January 27, 2014 3:19am | Report
So why the hell do people say they have good guides? They don't, they have good builds.

[comment edited by mod]

If TM is truly more about quick builds you can see in 30 seconds, then how the hell do you even compare the two?

No, seriously. How the **** can you compare a guide site to a build site? How? HOW?

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Setolino » January 27, 2014 3:31am | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

So why the hell do people say they have good guides? They don't, they have good builds.

Well PonPon guides i guess. But actually i thought nobody Said they had that Good guides, just that smitefire suck on it, or lets just say the most suck and the Way guides are loooked on here is wrong. To much Focus on Tons of gameplay Situations and StuffIt like that, all in all you guys just serve with that Way not the actually playerbase that want small Good,guides with tips and haunts.
"Wololol" -Age of Empires

Setolino
<Godlike>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoapSuds » January 27, 2014 3:37am | Report
I'm actually surprised at how much this blew up in these forums. I mean, no offense to people who post in that Reddit, I check in on there every few days when I'm bored, but Reddit isn't exactly a congregation of entirely intelligent thinkers.

Granted, I normally don't think less of people who have differing opinions of me, but I also can't really say opinions on there matter too much to me as I've seen countless stupid things said on Reddit in general.

If some people don't like SmiteFire for whatever their reasons are, that's fine. I wouldn't take any opinions like that to heart, though.
Comic Series Currently Reading:
  • Wonder Woman Vol 2
  • Green Lantern Vol 2
  • Infinity Gauntlet

SoapSuds

Prominent (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » January 27, 2014 3:47am | Report
Setolino wrote:

Well PonPon guides i guess. But actually i thought nobody Said they had that Good guides, just that smitefire suck on it, or lets just say the most suck and the Way guides are loooked on here is wrong. To much Focus on Tons of gameplay Situations and StuffIt like that, all in all you guys just serve with that Way not the actually playerbase that want small Good,guides with tips and haunts.

The guide your just discribed is exactly how one should look.

A nezha guide should involve more then just a build and jungle timer's.

It should talk about hard counters that are common picks, how to deal with those counter or outplay them. It should explain how you go into a gank and when you should and shouldn't comit to a gank.

It should talk about spesificly how items are utilzed.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » January 27, 2014 3:49am | Report
Gameplay is important. The "playerbase" knows they could skip stuff if they think they know it already.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Setolino » January 27, 2014 4:52am | Report
All4Games wrote:

Gameplay is important. The "playerbase" knows they could skip stuff if they think they know it already.

sorry dude, i think i didnt said what i mean, i mean that it is impossible to explain every possiblty way in teamfights how to fight with a god.
"Wololol" -Age of Empires

Setolino
<Godlike>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nex The Slayer » January 27, 2014 4:54am | Report
Setolino wrote:

sorry dude, i think i didnt said what i mean, i mean that it is impossible to explain every possiblty way in teamfights how to fight with a god.

I fail to see how the fact that its impossible to explain every scenario, makes it ok to not explain any scenario at all.

Nex The Slayer

Prominent (37)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » January 27, 2014 5:00am | Report
The thing I see it is, smitefire are making detailed novels while tiermonster is making short summary of that. Which one sells more in real life? Novel

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }