Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Thoughts on this Tier List

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Thoughts on this Tier List 33 posts - page 3 of 4
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » November 18, 2015 9:08am | Report
NARGH2 wrote:

As an Xbox player I can back that zhong qui is tops now. He can heal, has annoying DoT that also slows, and his ult cares not where you are as it will still follow you to fountain if it wants. He's a huge nuisance

Admittedly he had all of those traits when he was C tier a few months ago too :P
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Vithaliy » November 18, 2015 9:16am | Report

Vithaliy sorry but you're almost talking complete BS.

First : Cupid is not on the meta since he's late game is NOWHERE near Xbalanque's or Rama's or Apollo's. He probably has the worst late game from any hunter, maybe a tad bit better than Anhur's.

Artemis is playable just because of Bluestone Pendant, for it's gruesome poke damage early on ( At level 4, ~140 AoE damage, somewhat ). People don't play her that often since no one knows how to not be outplayed, and Artemis depends on not being outplayed, so she isn't chosen at all.

When Confrey played Artemis at (Summer Split's ?) LAN, and he won the match, ppl went Ape-****. IMO, Confrey just knows how to play her

I don't see where we disagree, I said that Cupid's late game was trash/garbage and that was one of the reason I was never picking him before other gods.

The only tiny difference I see is that I said (and I still think) that Cupid and Artemis don't benefit as much from Bluestone than the other gods I listed, and that's part of the reason they are not as good currently as other gods.
Only Suppress The Insolent procs the bluestone and that's not a guaranteed hit (the trap probably does as well, but you can never know for sure you're going to land it)

AFK also won a game with Allied as AMC, that still does not make AMC the best. Being B tier does not mean that it's not viable, it means that you need some specific setup to make it work. Being a pro gamer helps! :D

Regarding Zhong Kui, the big difference is that he's now hella tanky for a mage!
Xbox One Player

Timezone CET (Paris, Europe)
Playtime From 7pm to 12am
Pref. Roles Support | Jungler

Have a look on my brand new Arachne guide!

Vithaliy

Remarkable (8)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » November 18, 2015 9:38am | Report
Vithaliy wrote:

I don't see where we disagree, I said that Cupid's late game was trash/garbage and that was one of the reason I was never picking him before other gods.

The only tiny difference I see is that I said (and I still think) that Cupid and Artemis don't benefit as much from Bluestone than the other gods I listed, and that's part of the reason they are not as good currently as other gods.
Only Suppress The Insolent procs the bluestone and that's not a guaranteed hit (the trap probably does as well, but you can never know for sure you're going to land it)

AFK also won a game with Allied as AMC, that still does not make AMC the best. Being B tier does not mean that it's not viable, it means that you need some specific setup to make it work. Being a pro gamer helps! :D

Regarding Zhong Kui, the big difference is that he's now hella tanky for a mage!

Suppress The Insolent is one of the easiest abilities to hit...

Also, you said that Cupid wasn't "viable" cuz he doesn't work well with Bluestone Pendant, which is not a lie, but not 100% truth.
Signature by Stuke99, check out his Website Portfolio and his SmiteFire Profile!

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Vithaliy » November 18, 2015 9:52am | Report
I didn't say he was not viable, I answered the question "why is he not higher in the tierlist", that's not the same! :P

When you say "one of the easiest abilities to hit", do you mean on a wave or on a god? On the second I do not really agree. Again, maybe my Xbox background makes a difference here! :D
Xbox One Player

Vithaliy

Remarkable (8)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » November 18, 2015 10:09am | Report
If you do Suppress The Insolent correctly it's a guaranteed hit as long as the enemy doesn't have a dash, leap or huge movement speed buff. It's not an easy skillshot, you can miss it, especially because of its delay. However, it's not a very hard one either, as a practiced Artemis I can hit it 90% of the time. It's basically a bigger fatter version of Ullr's Hail of Arrows / Glory Bound. (Still, Hail of Arrows is arguably the hardest skillshot in the game, so calling it an easier version of that isn't saying all that much).

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by iReauxbot » November 19, 2015 8:10am | Report
Well I just read a really long wall of text about Xing Tian and I'm kinda thrown off. Is he good or bad? Regardless I'll try him out but there's all sorts of nonsense. Like him being Ravenna 2.0 and whatnot. What makes him so good? Weak3n also says he's pretty trash. Well he said booboo.
https://m.reddit.com/r/Smite/comments/3ivb3j/why_do_people_think_xing_tians_base_damage_is_low/

iReauxbot

Memorable (11)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GameGeekFan » November 19, 2015 6:06pm | Report
He is a good bruiser and can do tank pretty well. His Hp5 is insane combined with the regular support aura items. His CC is pretty minimal though besides his ult. All he really has is a root, only way for him to be a successful tank is by actually taking the hits (and with Hp5 its not that hard).

Again skill counts in this one. Xing Tian is made to be a bruiser tank anyway.

GameGeekFan
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (50)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Vithaliy » November 20, 2015 1:51am | Report
He's a pretty good solo laner, but maybe that's not what Weak3n was talking about. Weak3n is a jungler, and Xing Tian is not a really good jungler despite his kit (that's probably why he said "booboo"), and probably not a good support either. I think solo is his main role currently.
Xbox One Player

Vithaliy

Remarkable (8)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » November 20, 2015 5:35am | Report
Some duo lanes with Xing Tian work brutally well though (most notably xing + medusa). Honestly I think he's underrated, but that's probably influenced by the fact that I've rarely lost when playing him since he's so easy to carry as (in MOTD yesterday I went 19-0 as xing for example, and I was building tank).

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by iReauxbot » November 20, 2015 7:26am | Report
I don't know what the MOOD was yesterday, but what build did you use to do that? I use him in arena until I can get him down and every time I go out the other team either backs off or immediately try killing me. He's ranked high as a character but he has all the bad things I read about. Also, what's a good counter to not get torn apart by Freya? A friend was playing with me last night as Athena and she was wrecking havoc.
Is the Shield of the Underworld and Hide of the Nemean Lion a good combo still?

iReauxbot

Memorable (11)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }