Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Thoughts on this Tier List

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Thoughts on this Tier List 33 posts - page 1 of 4
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by iReauxbot » November 16, 2015 11:03am | Report
Your text to link here...
I clearly didn't make this Tier List. I was wondering any thoughts about it.
I once said before that Nemesis is always placed everywhere on the tier list, Weaken placed her as She I believe. Not sure how tier placings work but I noticed Zhong Kui and Hou Yi jumped the tier list incredibly. Not sure what the meta of this game really is as I'm still particularly new. [Apollo]] Awilix Sobek also placed high as I've never seen much of those God's being played as such. I'm just curious. I'm used to playing fighting games such as Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom and Street fighter and MKX which pretty much teach you that tier list are quite meaningless.

iReauxbot

Memorable (11)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » November 16, 2015 11:39am | Report
This tierlist here doesn't seem quite accurate to me, mostly on the bottom end. I'd agree more with incon's.

Still, it's a largely subjective area except on the extremes.
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by iReauxbot » November 16, 2015 12:59pm | Report
Zhong Kui Really that high outta nowhere..? Jeez. And where does Nemesis really sit?
I personally didn't plan to take the game as competitive as I expected. What is the meta or whatever. I thought Bellona fell off the South placement as well. Other products players claim Xing Tian isn't really good :/

iReauxbot

Memorable (11)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » November 16, 2015 2:19pm | Report
About Reau's Tier List (Ramdon Tier-List) :

I think it's a bit pushed to the Xbox side of stuff. Since it's easier to hit big AoE's and straight lines there due to the controller's slow movements, and I can see how devastating Serqet and Khepri can be there.

You're underestimating Ratatoskr by A MILESTONE. If he can get behind your team, you're doomed.

About Zilby's (Incon's) :

I disagree with the placements of Bastet, Ymir, Bakasura and Osiris. Bastet is A tier, since she can easily get the lead she needs to spiral out of control, if the Bastet has a half a brain to work with, Ymir is still one of the most potent support, with he's everlasting CC and Killer combos, Bakasura still has a big advantage againts gods like Hel, and you say yourself that Osiris is a better Ravana.

Here's my own tier-list, folks :
Signature by Stuke99, check out his Website Portfolio and his SmiteFire Profile!

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Vithaliy » November 16, 2015 2:55pm | Report
I'd switch Bellona and Sobek (very strong solo right now), Nox and Sylvanus ( Nox is too team dependent IMO) and I'd raise Vamana to A. I agree with all the rest. Maybe Cabrakan could be higher (as a jungler) but I'm not a big fan of this god so I don't care :p
Xbox One Player

Timezone CET (Paris, Europe)
Playtime From 7pm to 12am
Pref. Roles Support | Jungler

Have a look on my brand new Arachne guide!

Vithaliy

Remarkable (8)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » November 16, 2015 3:03pm | Report
Vithaliy wrote:

I'd switch Bellona and Sobek (very strong solo right now), Nox and Sylvanus ( Nox is too team dependent IMO) and I'd raise Vamana to A. I agree with all the rest. Maybe Cabrakan could be higher (as a jungler) but I'm not a big fan of this god so I don't care :p

I feel that Sobek is still too mana dependant and looses lane hard early game. Nox is a ****ing power-house right now, you can ask any streamer ( Smitten, example ) so I think she deservers A+. Sylvanus has seen no play in FOREVER. Vamana still needs Frostbound Hammer + Greater Sprint to be a RELEVANT factor in the game. He doesn't bring late-game damage unless you somehow get fed and can go for crits and pen and destroy their entire team. So yeah.
Signature by Stuke99, check out his Website Portfolio and his SmiteFire Profile!

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Vithaliy » November 16, 2015 3:12pm | Report
All the items that are to be nerfed ( Mystical Mail, Midguardian Mail, Frostbound Hammer, Heartward Amulet) are non-core for Sobek while he still has Breastblate of Valor that gives him the mana he lacks. Nox is powerful, but she needs a set up (for instance with ***ba.. whose "only" A) to truly be relevant.
By the way, she is never played in SPL... while Sylvanus is still played and almost first pick on competitive Xbox games (5 picks out of 5 games of the finals).
Regarding Vamana, if being dependent of an active is a problem, then the dependency of Serqet, Tyr and a few others to blink should be mentionned as well, especially after last nerf!
Xbox One Player

Timezone CET (Paris, Europe)
Playtime From 7pm to 12am
Pref. Roles Support | Jungler

Have a look on my brand new Arachne guide!

Vithaliy

Remarkable (8)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » November 16, 2015 3:29pm | Report
Vithaliy wrote:

All the items that are to be nerfed ( Mystical Mail, Midguardian Mail, Frostbound Hammer, Heartward Amulet) are non-core for Sobek while he still has Breastblate of Valor that gives him the mana he lacks. Nox is powerful, but she needs a set up (for instance with ***ba.. whose "only" A) to truly be relevant.
By the way, she is never played in SPL... while Sylvanus is still played and almost first pick on competitive Xbox games (5 picks out of 5 games of the finals).
Regarding Vamana, if being dependent of an active is a problem, then the dependency of Serqet, Tyr and a few others to blink should be mentionned as well, especially after last nerf!

We have a comm problem :

You're a XBox player, I'm a PC player, the metas are different.

Any character with a slow/root/stun/mez/root can set up for Nox, so Geb, Apollo, Xing Tian, Sobek. She isn't played since her utility is almost zero, with her biggest CC tool being a high AoE/CDR ability that can be easily evaded by any player that plays with ease on the mind and without bloodlust for wins

Still, you only have 1500 gold at early game. A Bellona can get Bluestone Pendant and abuse you out of your lane at level 3.

Serqet NEVER needed Blink. It just made her more annoying, she doesn't need it to be played to perfection.

Tyr was always balanced, not like he was weak or something.

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » November 16, 2015 5:15pm | Report
I think Sylvanus is a lower tier right now since other healers are really in the meta and having that many healers is inefficient.

Regardless, the fact that the tier list is fluctuating so much right now does indicate that the game is in a pretty good state of balance (just can we please see the S+ tier nerfed and the B tier buffed? *not including Hel or cupid, the meta is what's putting them in their extremes, nothing else*)
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GameGeekFan » November 16, 2015 5:29pm | Report
And this is why I dont think tierlists are close to useful. Just give percentages on which god is played most to least and ill be happy (and based on actual data)

GameGeekFan
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (50)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }