Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Thoughts on this Tier List

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Thoughts on this Tier List 33 posts - page 2 of 4
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by iReauxbot » November 16, 2015 5:48pm | Report
I feel like tier lists make for interesting chats and all. Good to see where what God's sit and whatnot

iReauxbot

Memorable (11)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Bullfrog323 » November 17, 2015 6:59am | Report
Why is Cupid rated so low in Conquest ?

Bullfrog323

Prominent (27)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by iReauxbot » November 17, 2015 7:41am | Report
Good question. He has what I'd want in a hunter. An escape. Two stuns, but unfortunately require 8 shots to get the stunning though. And he's pretty damaging. His ultimate can ruin a team fight as well.

iReauxbot

Memorable (11)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by iReauxbot » November 17, 2015 8:16am | Report
Also another question. Is Apollo only so high on the tier list because of his Ult? I don't see him much played when I'm playing conquest. I've been playing support quite a bit lately since everyone rushes Jungle and and Mid, never support. I see more Xbalanque and Neith and Hou Yi now. Very few Apollo.
Is his clear that bad now?

iReauxbot

Memorable (11)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » November 17, 2015 8:30am | Report
I think people started picking up Apollo again because of the buff to his knock up. Idk why Cupid is so low, it probably has less to do with Cupid being bad and more to do with who pros consider meta right now and whether that meta fits cupid's playstyle
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GameGeekFan » November 17, 2015 4:03pm | Report
I find Cupid extremely annoying, but easy to shut down. More so than other hunters because his clear is bad. Minions early game damage can kill him so much, so someone like Ullr will have no trouble in that stage.

GameGeekFan
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (50)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Vithaliy » November 17, 2015 11:09pm | Report
Simply because Cupid does not benefit from the Bluestone Pendant contrary to some hunters: Ullr, Medusa, Neith, Xbalanque, Ah Muzen Cab. And that his uniqueness is about the small healing he can provide... which you don't care in the current meta as healers are really strong.

Also, I'd never pick Cupid over Apollo (global ultimate) or Rama (objective steal and snipes) as Cupid's late game is trash.
Almost for the same reason we don't see a lot of Anhur picks I guess.... BUT Anhur has a leap, which is really interesting for escapes at high ranks.

Hou Yi is also getting picked often for his unique kit (boxing passive, a leap and high skill shot damages).

Artemis is a bit specific. She does not get a lot from Bluestone Pendant and she has almost no escape... but she can deal so much damage late game. As a result, she's only for masters and specific comps build around her. That's why she's low tier as well.
Xbox One Player

Timezone CET (Paris, Europe)
Playtime From 7pm to 12am
Pref. Roles Support | Jungler

Have a look on my brand new Arachne guide!

Vithaliy

Remarkable (8)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by NARGH2 » November 18, 2015 7:21am | Report
As an Xbox player I can back that zhong qui is tops now. He can heal, has annoying DoT that also slows, and his ult cares not where you are as it will still follow you to fountain if it wants. He's a huge nuisance

NARGH2

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » November 18, 2015 8:26am | Report
Vithaliy wrote:

Simply because Cupid does not benefit from the Bluestone Pendant contrary to some hunters: Ullr, Medusa, Neith, Xbalanque, Ah Muzen Cab. And that his uniqueness is about the small healing he can provide... which you don't care in the current meta as healers are really strong.

Also, I'd never pick Cupid over Apollo (global ultimate) or Rama (objective steal and snipes) as Cupid's late game is trash.
Almost for the same reason we don't see a lot of Anhur picks I guess.... BUT Anhur has a leap, which is really interesting for escapes at high ranks.

Hou Yi is also getting picked often for his unique kit (boxing passive, a leap and high skill shot damages).

Artemis is a bit specific. She does not get a lot from Bluestone Pendant and she has almost no escape... but she can deal so much damage late game. As a result, she's only for masters and specific comps build around her. That's why she's low tier as well.

Vithaliy sorry but you're almost talking complete BS.

First : Cupid is not on the meta since he's late game is NOWHERE near Xbalanque's or Rama's or Apollo's. He probably has the worst late game from any hunter, maybe a tad bit better than Anhur's.

Artemis is playable just because of Bluestone Pendant, for it's gruesome poke damage early on ( At level 4, ~140 AoE damage, somewhat ). People don't play her that often since no one knows how to not be outplayed, and Artemis depends on not being outplayed, so she isn't chosen at all.

When Confrey played Artemis at (Summer Split's ?) LAN, and he won the match, ppl went Ape-****. IMO, Confrey just knows how to play her
Signature by Stuke99, check out his Website Portfolio and his SmiteFire Profile!

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » November 18, 2015 9:04am | Report
Ummmm.... prism most of your points seem in agreement with Vithaliy, but honestly I'd agree with Incon's placement being more in line with Vithaliy's response than yours. I will still say that Bluestone Pendant does help Cupid's early game even more deadly, albeit it does benefit him less than some other hunters.

People don't play her that often since no one knows how to not be outplayed, and Artemis depends on not being outplayed, so she isn't chosen at all.

When Confrey played Artemis at (Summer Split's ?) LAN, and he won the match, ppl went Ape-****. IMO, Confrey just knows how to play her

That's a specific instance, it can't be used to determine a tier list. Artemis is simply more vulnerable due to lacking escapes and has a worse early game than most hunters. That alone is enough to place her low on the tier list in every meta that isn't super late game oriented. Of course if your skill with Artemis is much higher than that of other hunters, you can still do better with her than most other choices, this is partly why tier lists are somewhat meaningless until you get to the level of play where everyone is ungodly masterful with every god. Regardless, even on the highest level of play, certain people will still pick certain gods in part because they rock with them. This is why even the bottom of the tier list does on occasion get played in masters.
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }