Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Scylla Reaction Thread

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Scylla Reaction Thread 64 posts - page 5 of 7
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Jordenito » March 6, 2014 3:15am | Report
I have to say, generally speaking, this was one of my favorite patches. They did a lot of good stuff. But the most important they did is fix the loading screen and connection. I thought it was only me, but for the last couple of weeks pre-patch, I got into the match late almost any time I queued.

As for the Vulcan new passive, I have an idea for it, but I'll wait for it. I want us to finish Zeus in the Let's Make Patch Notes - Mages thread.

My Guides

If you want me to review your guide, or need help and tips, make sure to P.M me. I'll be happy to do so.

Jordenito
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (66)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » March 6, 2014 3:47am | Report
I meant to send an email to HiRezKelly, but we're having a few technical issues right now. I'm not entire sure what is going on, only that gmail is ****ting itself and I can't log in.

Sorry :(

(and now you know my ulterior motive for this.)

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by arka222 » March 6, 2014 4:05am | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

I meant to send an email to HiRezKelly, but we're having a few technical issues right now. I'm not entire sure what is going on, only that gmail is ****ting itself and I can't log in.

Sorry :(

(and now you know my ulterior motive for this.)

Mail issue will get fixed soon but cant predict exact time may be few hrs to couple of days. Can't help it.
Fun and Heart
IGN: arka222
Clan: ARKA GANG
Motto: Never let the team down..find a way to win..
My Guide on Vulcan
A god idea...

arka222

Memorable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sirsir94 » March 6, 2014 7:30am | Report
Uh, found a bug with Crush. In practice matches, if you double tap it it will send out 2 AoEs. You can only detonate one manually, and so far its only been in a practice match, but I can do it fairly consistently. Bout to test it in an Arena mode
PENTAS: Loki
Quadras: Cupid, Artemis, Loki, Ah Muzen Cab

Sirsir94

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sonicherois » March 6, 2014 7:32am | Report
Scylla is fun burst power Mage, but she has bugs, for example I can make 2-3 crush circles in the row without waiting for cooldown, and detonate 1 circle, while other one (s) detonates after 5sec. It does take 2-3G more mana though. Also sometimes abilities 2-3 don't activate when already put (Crush does not detonate, sentinel does not teleport (sometimes, not always)

About the shop? Uh.. Mixed feelings about it.. I'd rather have the old shop back.

Other then that, It's so darn hard to get to play her!! everyone spam to get it >.< ANIMALS!!

Sonicherois

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Chiulin » March 6, 2014 12:14pm | Report
Sonicherois wrote:

Scylla is fun burst power Mage, but she has bugs, for example I can make 2-3 crush circles in the row without waiting for cooldown, and detonate 1 circle, while other one (s) detonates after 5sec. It does take 2-3G more mana though. Also sometimes abilities 2-3 don't activate when already put (Crush does not detonate, sentinel does not teleport (sometimes, not always)

About the shop? Uh.. Mixed feelings about it.. I'd rather have the old shop back.

Other then that, It's so darn hard to get to play her!! everyone spam to get it >.< ANIMALS!!

Most of my deaths with her are from her not teleporting even when you spam the teleport. Awfully annoying.

Finally got to play her a bit though. I build her with two defensive items so that I don't get insta killed. Yet I can still wreck as far as damage. I think she definitely needs a little bit of a reduction in damage.

Edit: Maybe lower the contributions on her two. 10 or 15 percent? Have the base damage start high by 30 or so and end lower at max rank?

Chiulin

Prominent (31)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » March 6, 2014 4:34pm | Report
Okay, here's a draft of an email to HirezKelly.

Hi. We've had some technical issues, and we stopped using gmail in favor of zohomail. Our domain is still smitefire.com, but I'm just giving a head's up if this matters. (Also, any emails we've sent/recieved haven't been transferred to the new accounts. That might be a problem if you sent us an email just before we switched, since we can't see it.)

Anyway, this is partly a feedback thing about the Scylla patch. This might get a little choppy.

Scylla: A lot of people have been making comparisons to Anubis, and they're not wrong. She's like a really fast Anubis with less ticks and more nukes. We think that either her damage or her mobility need to go, because both in such large amounts in one god is kinda huge. Her ultimate is definitely way too strong. There were also some reported issues with Sentinel, where it activates Polynomicon twice, and tapping 2 quickly seems to trigger Crush twice (but you can't detonate the second circle).

General: People seem to be happy about the performance issues.

New Skins: Rock. *rimshot*

Multi-Potion: Needs a recolor, but is good.

Malice: Not sure, people haven't used it much, it seems.

Item Branch System: A lot of people are confused, but otherwise it seems well-received. (Unfortunately, Golden Bow and Hunter's Bow are still worthless.)

Ward Price Change: No comment for the most part, but I'm happy about them.

Jungle Timers: Yikes, people are split. Some like them, others dislike them, but most agree that enemies shouldn't be able to see the timer just by walking next to the camp, and at the very least, only the team who got the kill should see them, and nothing else.

Nearby God Notifications: People seem to hate this. I'm largely neutral.

Squall: A much-needed change. Personally, I think it could still use a nerf, but we're happy.

Searing Flesh: Is still practically worthless. Ares still can't clear with it, and it doesn't give him a niche, either.

Stone Shield: Good nerf, but Geb is still really strong.

Hades: Happy? Sorta? People seem indifferent to this one. I think it was a very good buff for Hades mages.

Card Arts: Awesome. A lot of people have compared Loki to Marvel Loki, for some reason.

Ne Zha: Neutral, haven't seen anyone mention him.

Pos: Buff was great!

Suggestions: Please give a build guide system that allows more than six items (and labels, subsections, etc), now that we've gotten a lot of new items. Of course, this is low priority, but a lot of people have expressed confusion and irritation toward sifting through the database of items.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoapSuds » March 6, 2014 4:57pm | Report
Looks good to me. Again, for the most part, I enjoyed this patch. There are a few things that I'm a bit iffy with, but for the most part, I thought it was pretty good. Hopefully they'll at least consider the suggestions made in your email.
Comic Series Currently Reading:
  • Wonder Woman Vol 2
  • Green Lantern Vol 2
  • Infinity Gauntlet

SoapSuds

Prominent (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by arka222 » March 6, 2014 5:58pm | Report
Remove the email issues we had or cut it down to 1 sentence bcz it hardly makes any difference for her. Our email address and everything is still same as before.
Fun and Heart
IGN: arka222
Clan: ARKA GANG
Motto: Never let the team down..find a way to win..
My Guide on Vulcan
A god idea...

arka222

Memorable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sirsir94 » March 7, 2014 8:19am | Report
Also you didn't note the Scylla issue where she can't warp to Sentinel for no reason (not crippled)
PENTAS: Loki
Quadras: Cupid, Artemis, Loki, Ah Muzen Cab

Sirsir94

Remarkable (6)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }