Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Scylla Reaction Thread

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Scylla Reaction Thread 64 posts - page 3 of 7
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » March 5, 2014 4:43pm | Report
Her damage numbers need a look at. Firstly, that ultimate needs to deal a bit less damage, it's a spirit's tempest combined with CC immunity and crazy speed.

Crush, I dunno what to feel. It's kind of predictable, but it deals so much damage and at point blank range it's pretty much unavoidable. It deals so much damage, nearly as much as tornadoes, but minus the delay, at the expense of poorer waveclear at the early levels.

I think her root/cripple is alright, it's basically a Mummify.

Her teleport is so strong, I think her other abilities need to be toned down, because the teleport is simply too good.

SCYLLA IS ANUBIS 2.0!

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HollowsEdge » March 5, 2014 4:45pm | Report
Ahh k fair enough I just thought it was going to be one of those abilities that scale with duration but I guess the length of the ability is for the slow if you want it.

Yeh as for her ult I have a feeling its gonna get scaled back a bit next week.

HollowsEdge

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HollowsEdge » March 5, 2014 4:51pm | Report
Her root/cripple is better than Mummify because it also damages! Its kinda like Mummify and Squall as 1 ability.

Atm I feel like she is actually more like the demonic love child Ao Kuang and Anubis

HollowsEdge

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Firraria » March 5, 2014 4:53pm | Report
^

And her 3 is just insane. It's such a good escape. They need to reduce the max range at which she can set it down.

Firraria
<Skullcracker>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » March 5, 2014 4:54pm | Report
I'll try to summarize what we are thinking.

Scylla: Damage is too high, but is otherwise awesome.

New Skins: Rock.

New Item Branches: Good? (I'm okay with them.)

Ward Price: Awesome.

Malice: Very strong on Loki.

Chronos' Pendant: Really strong.

Jungle Timers: I'm Fine.

NEarby God Notifications: NOT fine.

Root/Cripple changes: Alright.

Squall: Still too strong, but it prevents him from instagibbing someone at level 5.

Searing Flesh: Still worthless, it deals way too little damage.

Stone Shield: Could use an increase in base numbers, since ranking it is practically worthless.

Hades: Really strong as a mage right now, when are you going to change his classification?

Card Arts: Awesome. May have noted that Loki looks more like his movie counterpart now.

Ne Zha: His single target damage is off the charts.

Pos: Buff is welcome.

Suggestions: Give a custom item template for multiple and branching builds. (Me)

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Firraria » March 5, 2014 5:00pm | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

I'll try to summarize what we are thinking.

Scylla: Damage is too high, but is otherwise awesome.

New Skins: Rock.

New Item Branches: Good? (I'm okay with them.)

Ward Price: Awesome.

Malice: Very strong on Loki.

Chronos' Pendant: Really strong.

Jungle Timers: I'm Fine.

NEarby God Notifications: NOT fine.

Root/Cripple changes: Alright.

Squall: Still too strong, but it prevents him from instagibbing someone at level 5.

Searing Flesh: Still worthless, it deals way too little damage.

Stone Shield: Could use an increase in base numbers, since ranking it is practically worthless.

Hades: Really strong as a mage right now, when are you going to change his classification?

Card Arts: Awesome. May have noted that Loki looks more like his movie counterpart now.

Ne Zha: His single target damage is off the charts.

Pos: Buff is welcome.

Suggestions: Give a custom item template for multiple and branching builds. (Me)

I don't like the new jungle timers at all. The last few times I've jungled, it's like when I went to get the mid camps there would already be like 3 guys waiting there for them to respawn..
Now, instead of trying to predict when they'll come up or watching the timer at the top of the screen, you can just look at the map. It's really lame imo.

Firraria
<Skullcracker>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HollowsEdge » March 5, 2014 5:02pm | Report
Summed up pretty well! Although I do like the knock back on Searing Flesh im still of the opinion that Ares needs to be taken back to the drawing board and re-born as a Warrior and finally reclaim his place as the true God of War!! Also making him the first and much needed Greek Warrior

HollowsEdge

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by arka222 » March 5, 2014 6:28pm | Report
Jungle timers: most welcome
Cronos pendant: now makes sense, we dont have to breastplate mages just bcz of cooldown passive. Tradeoff is they r high on damage low on defense, fair enough.
Pos: really like him, always felt skill 2 and tidal meter should decouple, they did it now. He is going to be an awesome god in ranked too and fun to play.
Hades: he can't be a mage with the current ulti. I always like him to be guardian.
Scylla: love her art and sentinel design. Need to nerf ulti and 3 a little. 3 is like a combat blink. anybody noticed her anger! Really sweet.

Note: do something for vulcan passive..bring back thumper XVI some how.
Fun and Heart
IGN: arka222
Clan: ARKA GANG
Motto: Never let the team down..find a way to win..
My Guide on Vulcan
A god idea...

arka222

Memorable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sirsir94 » March 5, 2014 6:31pm | Report
Haven't got to play her yet but from a pure aesthetics standpoint theres something about a maniacal little girl ready to do despicable things (... eh, I'm gonna stop there). Same reason I loved Annie when I first started LoL. That fake innocence is so much fun XD

Item wise I like the Pendant changes, who knows it might actually be viable! The Malice thing... IDK, I liked being able to build pure crit chance but the passive seems pretty decent.

God wise I like the change to squall, and the nerf to Gebs shield (YES!)

Anyway about to (try) to play Scylla, brb
PENTAS: Loki
Quadras: Cupid, Artemis, Loki, Ah Muzen Cab

Sirsir94

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sunfall » March 5, 2014 7:08pm | Report
I feel the real problem with Scylla isn't her damage, but her mobility.

As someone mentioned earlier, she's basically Anubis 2.0. She has the damage potential of Anubis with none of the things that are bad about Anubis (his lack of mobility and rooting himself to the ground). If she lost most of that mobility, she'd be balanced... but if HiRez insists on keeping the mobility, then she would need a lot of damage nerfing to balance it out.
Waiting on a good new MOBA, please.

Sunfall
<Veteran>

Prominent (29)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }