Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Scylla Reaction Thread

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Scylla Reaction Thread 64 posts - page 6 of 7
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » March 7, 2014 8:23am | Report
Oh...I'll add it in.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sirsir94 » March 7, 2014 6:59pm | Report
Uh, did they change the Assault mode healer-on-both-teams thing? Cuz my last game (aside from being 3 assassins vs 3 tanks -_-) Had a Guan Yu and we have no healer
PENTAS: Loki
Quadras: Cupid, Artemis, Loki, Ah Muzen Cab

Sirsir94

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » March 7, 2014 7:08pm | Report
Guan yu was not counted as healer anymore, also applied to cupid. Aphro, hel, ra, chang e is still considered as healer and will be balanced on both teams

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by arka222 » March 7, 2014 9:33pm | Report
There is a glitch with ymir, after finishing his ulti he stays in a sit down position unless basic attack is clicked it happened tens of times, also recently happened with Vulcan after his backfire.
Fun and Heart
IGN: arka222
Clan: ARKA GANG
Motto: Never let the team down..find a way to win..
My Guide on Vulcan
A god idea...

arka222

Memorable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Romanians » March 8, 2014 2:19pm | Report
So I thought of this when I was playing an Arena match vs a team with Scylla today. Her escape/ close the gap between her and a fleeing enemy/ chase and get back ability is very strong for a high damage mage like her. Not to mention the "What do you want, Odin?" counter to his ultimate.

If her 3 would take some time to channel (like her 1 does) it would reduce her escape odds in a decent way. A 1.5 second delay at max range should do it, this being the time the tentacle takes to travel to the target location. This way she can't just instantly escape whenever an AO KUANG WASTES ALL HIS ABILITIES ON HER. Yeah, the stupid kid really pissed me off today.

Also, like some people have said, this could be changed into a dash, if the tentacle has an obstacle of any kind (like odin's spears or Ymir wall), it will stop and Scylla can teleport there. Dashy teleport.

Romanians

Established (17)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Vaeldyn » March 9, 2014 7:37am | Report
Scylla is more than OP in late game. We lost a 3v3. I was Fenrir with 15-1 (!) and killing the enemy Loki with one brutalize. But the Scylla died ONCE!! ONCE! And killed me 4 times in a row and took our Titan down with FOUR (>>>>>4<<<<<<) abilities! Seriously? You HAVE to nerf her somehow...

And I'm not only talking about her ridicoulus escape, which even cancels Brutalize. Her damage is just abnorm late game. Her cripple+root+insanedmg+extra hit on every of her abilities doesn't help either.

She needs more than a little nerf!

Vaeldyn

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Shavul » March 9, 2014 7:56pm | Report
Well, I think she's not as OP. The cripple is kinda bs, but it's as hard to hit as mummify, and can be cancelled the same way. Her early game is quite *** imo. The teleport is predictable since you see where she's going to go, so just bait her into telegraphing where will she be. Since that teleport doesn't do **** aside teleporting I say it's fine, (but a little channeling time wouldn't hurt)

As for her ultimate, well, you KNOW it's coming, she's not he bo. You can hear him, the area is quite small, it's kinda easy to dodge if you're smart...

And, anyway, if she ults you can just go close quarters and destroy her, because she won't be able to hit you for **** if you're on top of her.

She could use a little nerf here and there, but I don't think she should take a huge *** one.

I believe you just faced a good scylla. The same could have happened with another good whatever.

Shavul

Remarkable (7)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » March 9, 2014 8:19pm | Report
I feel like I should provide my input.

All of her stuff is RIDICULOUSLY dodgeable. Sic 'Em hits the first person and is slow, so it's worse than Spirit Arrow, a comparable spell, in every way. Crush is a huge radius, but unless cast point blank, actually very difficult to land. Thirdly, the wind up and area on I'm a Monster is so long and small that it's impossible NOT to dodge. Only saving grace is a rank 3+ Sic 'Em into an IMMEDIATE I'm a monster for a guaranteed hit. Finally, having a spell that doesn't damage leaves her very reliant on her 1-2 combo, however Agni, Poseidon, Chang'E, Ra, and more are *basically* in the same boat.

On this note, a bad Scylla will utterly suck, while an average Poseidon can still wreck with an Ult or what not.

Verdict: Scylla has a medium-high skill FLOOR. It takes a lot to learn to play her well.

Now let's move on to veterans, who assumedly know her speeds, damage, and combos. If you get caught in a Sic 'Em, you're done. That instant ult combo may be a one shot. And she is EXTREMELY safe wtih Sentinel, making it possibly impossible to kill her. She is THEE safest mage in the game right now. No one has both the ability to go over walls AND the speed in which she does it. Combine this with Crush's max rank protection debuff, her Sic 'Em's root AND cripple on THREE gods for a very very solid amount of time (basically an Ymir freeze at that point), and her ults ability to NUKE anyone she wants when aimed well, especially in the very narrow spaces near fire giant, and you have a ridiculously good teamfighting mage. She has NO downsides outside of slow projectiles, which professionals will take ridiculous advantage of, and lack of built-in sustain, which many mages do not have anyway. Her cooldowns are average length, so that's not necessarily a downside, just not an upside.

Verdict: She has a high to very high skill ceiling, but when achieved, I find her a ban or pick at least 80% of the time in ranked. There's not even a comp she doesn't synergize well with. Her ult provides ridiculous all-in ability, her Crush, while slow, is sure to help in a poke comp, and she can stall very well for a sustain comp with a Ra.

IMO, she is very strong, but only in very good hands, in which case she shines over other mages. At lower skill floors, she is underpowered. This means to balance her, she should be able to hit things easier for less damage. However, I do not believe that's how she's intended, she's meant to be high risk high reward, so she's fine where she is.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Chiulin » March 9, 2014 10:38pm | Report
Raventhor wrote:

I feel like I should provide my input.

All of her stuff is RIDICULOUSLY dodgeable. Sic 'Em hits the first person and is slow, so it's worse than Spirit Arrow, a comparable spell, in every way. Crush is a huge radius, but unless cast point blank, actually very difficult to land. Thirdly, the wind up and area on I'm a Monster is so long and small that it's impossible NOT to dodge. Only saving grace is a rank 3+ Sic 'Em into an IMMEDIATE I'm a monster for a guaranteed hit. Finally, having a spell that doesn't damage leaves her very reliant on her 1-2 combo, however Agni, Poseidon, Chang'E, Ra, and more are *basically* in the same boat.

On this note, a bad Scylla will utterly suck, while an average Poseidon can still wreck with an Ult or what not.

Verdict: Scylla has a medium-high skill FLOOR. It takes a lot to learn to play her well.

Now let's move on to veterans, who assumedly know her speeds, damage, and combos. If you get caught in a Sic 'Em, you're done. That instant ult combo may be a one shot. And she is EXTREMELY safe wtih Sentinel, making it possibly impossible to kill her. She is THEE safest mage in the game right now. No one has both the ability to go over walls AND the speed in which she does it. Combine this with Crush's max rank protection debuff, her Sic 'Em's root AND cripple on THREE gods for a very very solid amount of time (basically an Ymir freeze at that point), and her ults ability to NUKE anyone she wants when aimed well, especially in the very narrow spaces near fire giant, and you have a ridiculously good teamfighting mage. She has NO downsides outside of slow projectiles, which professionals will take ridiculous advantage of, and lack of built-in sustain, which many mages do not have anyway. Her cooldowns are average length, so that's not necessarily a downside, just not an upside.

Verdict: She has a high to very high skill ceiling, but when achieved, I find her a ban or pick at least 80% of the time in ranked. There's not even a comp she doesn't synergize well with. Her ult provides ridiculous all-in ability, her Crush, while slow, is sure to help in a poke comp, and she can stall very well for a sustain comp with a Ra.

IMO, she is very strong, but only in very good hands, in which case she shines over other mages. At lower skill floors, she is underpowered. This means to balance her, she should be able to hit things easier for less damage. However, I do not believe that's how she's intended, she's meant to be high risk high reward, so she's fine where she is.

Have you tried 2-1-4. Put them in a slow with some protection debuff. Then lets add a 2+ second root. Then top it off with a 1k ult. Right after that. The aoe of ******** is going to go off. I picked her up the very first game I used her. I can build 2-3 tanky items and still hit 650's on a squishy with her 2. She is crazy powerful late game and is too easy to play defensively with early game. I don't really agree on this. Although it does seem no one can play her. So maybe she just fits my style.

Chiulin

Prominent (31)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » March 9, 2014 10:56pm | Report
Chiulin, I won't make a wall of text by quoting that, but yes I have tried and so suggest that. The only problem is leaving the area of effect up to let your Sic Em take benefit of the debuff may end in neither hitting. But if pulled off, it is a 100%, guaranteed kill. I will literally pay the person who pulls it off, when building correctly, who doesn't get a kill on any non-tank character with that combo. If they aegis, sure, but if they all hit, it's a dead duck.

I completely agree on that combo and it's hard, but so worth it if done right.

And yeah I agree with what I guess is you agreeing with me. I think that makes sense. Heh.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }