Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Let's Make Patch Notes - Mages

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Let's Make Patch Notes - Mages 240 posts - page 1 of 24
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Jordenito » February 5, 2014 11:24am | Report
Goals

Agni - Reduce overall survivability.

agni summary

Anubis - Trade off some of his burst for escapism

Anubis Summary

Ao Kuang - Reduce his overall strength and fix animations.

ao kuang summary

Aphrodite - Increase her general impact on the game.

aphrodite summary

Chang'e - Increase her viability in Conquest, specifically in the laning phase and fix her ult.

chang'e summary

Chronos - Balance off his early game compared to his late game, make Stop Time stun enemies that are immune to slows, maybe a slight rework as well.

chronos summary

Freya - Reduce her high skill cap JK. Reduce the 'freebeeness' of her ultimate.

freya summary

He Bo - Add some counterplay to him, specifically to his ultimate.

he bo summary

Hel - ?

Eset - Slightly buff her ultimate.

isis summary

Nu Wa - Increase her overall usefulness.

nu wa summary

Poseidon - Make his kit synchronize better.

poseidon summary

Ra - Slightly, very slightly nerf him.

Scylla - Buff her early game and clear, slightly tone down her dominate late game.

scylla summary

Vulcan - Make his passive useful and maybe tweak his turret.

Vulcan summary

Zeus - Reduce overall damage output and other features.

zeus summary

Zhong Kui - Reduce his early game resistance.

Zhong Kui Summary

As you can see, there are a lot of question marks. I'm not really sure about most of the mages as to what can we do to fix them/make the better to fit the game/balance them. You are more than welcome to point out goals.

Just remember to point out reasons, so that it'd be easier to understand and more clear.

My Guides

If you want me to review your guide, or need help and tips, make sure to P.M me. I'll be happy to do so.

Jordenito
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (66)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Jordenito » February 5, 2014 11:35am | Report
I'll start with Poseidon.

Poseidon has been off the tracks for quite some time. Being a burst mage that relies heavily on his ultimate, it is easily countered by Aegis Amulet. Also, his kit just doesn't synchronize well with itself, as he is suppose to be a long ranged-mage where as his Tidal Surge is impossible to hit at longer distances.

My suggested rework of Tidal Surge:

Make it start at 50% damage, and the further the wave travels, it increases its damage (maximum of 2x damage at max range) and width (I believe the current width is 5 feet, about 12 feet at maximum width). The knock back still applies.

This is just to make him more dangerous when far away and make it actually possible to hit enemies with it.

My Guides

If you want me to review your guide, or need help and tips, make sure to P.M me. I'll be happy to do so.

Jordenito
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (66)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » February 5, 2014 11:40am | Report
Good idea. I'd reduce the stun time on release the kraken a bit, maybe to 1.1/1.2/1.3/1.4/1.5, because I don't believe getting hit by an easily countered ability should mean guaranteed death, especially if the countering depends on an active item.

I also think that maybe Trident should extend basic attack range by a few feet, just as a little bit of synergy.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by UnknownPandr » February 5, 2014 11:41am | Report
Seems like a reasonable change. I can't really think of any changes I would make for Poseidon.

UnknownPandr

Prominent (35)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dark Jaw » February 5, 2014 11:44am | Report
Dang! I really gotta rush up and join this discussion. I've a lot to talk.

Dark Jaw

Prominent (44)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Jordenito » February 5, 2014 11:44am | Report
Quoted:
Subzero008 wrote:
Good idea. I'd reduce the stun time on Release The Kraken! a bit, maybe to 1.1/1.2/1.3/1.4/1.5, because I don't believe getting hit by an easily countered ability should mean guaranteed death, especially if the countering depends on an active item.

I also think that maybe Trident should extend basic attack range by a few feet, just as a little bit of synergy.

I agree. The 2 seconds stun on the kraken is useless.

As for Trident, I'd like to see the 3 auto attacks just tightened up to reduce the spread rather than increasing the range, but I either way it'll work.

My Guides

Jordenito
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (66)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by UnknownPandr » February 5, 2014 11:45am | Report
Dark Jaw wrote:

Dang! I really gotta rush up and join this discussion. I've a lot to talk.

Me and you could make Anubis changes.

UnknownPandr

Prominent (35)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » February 5, 2014 11:54am | Report
Actually, I think x 2 damage is a bit too strong (540 base with 140% contributions, -_-). Maybe 1.5? I think 390 + 105% is strong enough.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » February 5, 2014 11:55am | Report
UnknownPandr wrote:

Me and you could make Anubis changes.

I just noticed that even though your profile pic is more serious now...Star Boobis...

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Jordenito » February 5, 2014 11:55am | Report
If you don't mind, I'd like to discuss He Bo and his ultimate Crushing Wave.

We all know He Bo. In my opinion he is one of the most annoying gods in the game (probably with Loki and Freya but I'm getting off track...). My point is that he already has insane burst with his Water Cannon which does tons of damage on a 0 seconds CD, his 100-meters ranged poke Waterspout and his passive Steady Flow which grants him additional burst if he lacked any.

Now as for his ultimate, yes, I do get the reason He Bo is here. Doing enough burst for the entire humanity and gods themselves while being the squishiest god alive. But, come on... his ultimate is almost as strong as spirit's tempest and it's basically unavoidable.
And, no, the guy that says that a well timed Ice Wall, Shifting Sands and Aegis Amulet counters him.. shut up. 99% of the times you actually dodge/avoid it... it's luck.

All i suggest is not reducing the damage, the width, the range, nothing. All I want is for it to have a short delay. Like Release The Kraken! has, where you can actually hear the ultimate come and see it. I want He Bo to have a few milliseconds of 'charging' with a special sound that you could actually anticipate it instead of ****ting your pants when you think he's about to do it...

My Guides

Jordenito
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (66)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }