Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

"New" item updates (last 6 months)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » "New" item updates (last 6 months) 7 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BigThatch » September 25, 2020 3:10am | Report
So I am just starting to get back into the game after maybe a 6 month break and so many things have changed for some reason... Even past new heroes and new items being added they 100% changed some of the core items for my core gods. For example the berserk shield used to give health when you hit with basic attacks and now it does nothing like that at all. Kind of useless for an og osirus build now. Not really asking anything as I understand that games change and things get updated. More just annoyed that so many things changed between my last time on and this time. Makes it feel like a completely different game.

BigThatch

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » September 25, 2020 3:39am | Report
Sadly it is something that happens to keep the game fresh and this was already kinda expected with the mage pen rework doing well.

Pretty much the big changes from preseason are the physical pen rework and the solo lane meta being changed from it's "sustain lane" state to what it has now become. Which was considered a good change as glad shield abusers like KA are now still playable but not nearly as strong as before.

I know it sucks and something you have to adapt towards but in the end, it will feel fresher.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xmysterionz » September 25, 2020 7:11am | Report
Yeah, but that was a good change. Especially warriors, with (old) Glad and Berse were kinda immortal early game and able even to 2 vs 1 gods, making impossible to gank solo until mid/late game.

Also all the changes through % pen were kinda good, builds have a nice diversity and feel less "the same build".

You will feel better once you get used to these changes

xmysterionz
<Sharpshooter>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (71)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » September 25, 2020 8:16am | Report
Hey Thatch,

The big changes were from the Mid Season patch and you can read up on it here if you'd like.

There have been some further item adjustments since then but the main functions of these item changes occurred here.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Big Damage » September 26, 2020 1:08am | Report
BigThatch wrote:

So I am just starting to get back into the game after maybe a 6 month break and so many things have changed for some reason... Even past new heroes and new items being added they 100% changed some of the core items for my core gods. For example the berserk shield used to give health when you hit with basic attacks and now it does nothing like that at all. Kind of useless for an og osirus build now. Not really asking anything as I understand that games change and things get updated. More just annoyed that so many things changed between my last time on and this time. Makes it feel like a completely different game.

The new meta for gods without sustain in Solo is Stone of Gaia, some gods make use of Soul Eater but it's not for everyone, could be OK on Osiris but I wouldn't build it myself.

Big Damage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (37)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » September 26, 2020 5:02am | Report
No definitely don’t go Soul Eater on Osiris

Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » September 6, 2023 6:00am | Report
Gaia is not remotely meta

Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }