Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Patch Notes!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Patch Notes! 36 posts - page 1 of 4
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » November 19, 2013 2:09pm | Report
What do ppl think about the new patch?

Patch Notes Dowg!

Finally they fixed Made You Look and Golden Bow called it on release :P
Don't think they should have nerfed the damage on the ultimate though...
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » November 19, 2013 2:34pm | Report
Vulcan's bomb will be interesting. It's about time he got some hard CC.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SupaAPE » November 19, 2013 2:37pm | Report
Mercury nerfs!! That was fast :D

SupaAPE

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Firraria » November 19, 2013 3:05pm | Report
Finally some hard Ah Muzen Cab nerfs. I love the way they changed the spreading of Bees!

Imho, the Mercury nerfs were not needed, except for the nerf to Made You Look+Golden Bow.

Firraria
<Skullcracker>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » November 19, 2013 3:06pm | Report
SupaAPE wrote:

Mercury nerfs!! That was fast :D

IMO more a fix than a nerf, now you finally won't see golden bow on every mercury in every game xD

Going to miss oneshotting ppl though xD

Jungle & Support main.

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Phil725 » November 19, 2013 3:12pm | Report
Because the scaling on Merc's ult was definitely the problem... He's still gonna be banned in all tournaments and most ranked games. He's way too strong for the mobility and presence he has. Gonna have to wait a while longer before he's anywhere near balanced.

I think new Vulcan is going to be very viable. He has actual peel now, along with his area denial and push from before, plus an insanely obnoxious cc immunity. I expect that to get nerfed soon Baka style, but I like what they did.

Thank god they finally seriously nerfed Zhong. He still has too much cc immunity on his ult, but at least he won't be as impossible to kill in lane early and instantly win otherwise even team fights late as much. I still assume he'll be banned when there are two bans per team, but you might actually see him in ranked with Zeus and Merc being first banned instead now.

I love that AMC got smashed with the nerf bat. He was ridiculously strong for a supposed carry. I think he's going to be just fine if not still a top tier pick with his steroid.

I'm happy with this patch overall. It seems like they're finally putting a serious effort into actually balancing some gods, not just adding more OP ones. Still a long way to go, but it's nice to see an actual attempt at balancing for higher levels, not nerfing already trash characters because new players win with them.

Phil725

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sirsir94 » November 19, 2013 3:18pm | Report
Vulcan is now eerily similar to Engineer... I like it.
Very much looking forward to Re Bos voice ^-^
More Chronos nerfs, good good
That AMC nerf tho, maybe a bit much. :\ But Ill just have to see.
Athena nerf on the ulti protections? Really, the protections??
The changes to Chang'es (see what i did there?) heal should make her a bit less broken in assault, thats good.
PENTAS: Loki
Quadras: Cupid, Artemis, Loki, Ah Muzen Cab

Sirsir94

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » November 19, 2013 3:41pm | Report
Phil725 wrote:

Because the scaling on Merc's ult was definitely the problem... He's still gonna be banned in all tournaments and most ranked games. He's way too strong for the mobility and presence he has. Gonna have to wait a while longer before he's anywhere near balanced.

I think he is going to be pretty balanced now that they fixed made you look. Now his mid game isn't super op anymore. But we will see how it plays out :)

Now he will be a bit more like Artemis slow early and mid game (still got a pretty badass earlygame though, that special delivery to strong) and super strong late game.

No more instalock merc in joust to get the first win in 10 min :p

Jungle & Support main.

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Phil725 » November 19, 2013 3:59pm | Report
I was talking about conquest specifically. I don't play joust, so I don't know how Merc is there. I did play one 3v3 where a Merc basically wiped my team with his 1, so the change probably is more helpful than I'm thinking. For conquest, I guess it makes a Merc solo lane worse, but it was already bad to begin with.

The real issue is that he's just too good at ganking early, then too strong late. He has two different CCs, he can gank from anywhere with his ult so wards don't stop him, his 3 locks you down just like Fen's ult does (on a small cd, so go ahead and beads, not gonna matter,) and you can't run from him even if you do get away. Late game he can ult into you and kill you before you stop spinning. If you don't start a team fight by locking him down, he's going to win it. Zhong and Zeus are the only others like that, and they have to blow everything to do so, Merc doesn't.

Phil725

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » November 19, 2013 4:19pm | Report
I don't like the changes to Aphrodite and Chang'e. :,(

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }