Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Patch Notes!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Patch Notes! 36 posts - page 2 of 4
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sirsir94 » November 19, 2013 5:02pm | Report
Er, when is it coming out?
PENTAS: Loki
Quadras: Cupid, Artemis, Loki, Ah Muzen Cab

Sirsir94

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoapSuds » November 19, 2013 5:05pm | Report
Was very happy to see that AMC's bees will not be able to spread to gods from minions. That was probably my biggest annoyance with him.

Interested in checking out Vulcan's new stuff, as well.

Not sure how I feel on the Chang'e change, though. After the few matches I've played as her, I've grown to love playing her the way she is now. Guess will have to see.
Comic Series Currently Reading:
  • Wonder Woman Vol 2
  • Green Lantern Vol 2
  • Infinity Gauntlet

SoapSuds

Prominent (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nubar » November 19, 2013 5:29pm | Report
It is an interesting patch to say the least..I wonder how much controversy it will end up causing.

Nubar

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BlueZam » November 19, 2013 5:44pm | Report
Gotta love the new league frames though! :D
Pimp slap that hoe

BlueZam

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » November 19, 2013 9:02pm | Report
Vulcan got buff as hell, whats he benchin 450?

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ragingstorm » November 19, 2013 9:03pm | Report
ICEN, be prepared for your unstoppable raging rampage when this update comes.

The funny thing is. They call ME Ragingstorm. Get it? Cuz I'm raging up a storm..? Ha? HA. HA? You guys better laugh before I abuse my editorial powers and make myself grow even older.
All Hail Queen Storm, Queen Storm, Queen Ragingstorm!
You may call me Miss Storm.

"I have returned to the battlefield of these men, and this time, there will be no more salvation,"~Ragingstorm

BB Coding Queen of Smitefire: In the Olden Days, at least.

Ragingstorm

Prominent (49)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » November 20, 2013 12:06am | Report
Phil725 wrote:

I was talking about conquest specifically. I don't play joust, so I don't know how Merc is there. I did play one 3v3 where a Merc basically wiped my team with his 1, so the change probably is more helpful than I'm thinking. For conquest, I guess it makes a Merc solo lane worse, but it was already bad to begin with.

The real issue is that he's just too good at ganking early, then too strong late. He has two different CCs, he can gank from anywhere with his ult so wards don't stop him, his 3 locks you down just like Fen's ult does (on a small cd, so go ahead and beads, not gonna matter,) and you can't run from him even if you do get away. Late game he can ult into you and kill you before you stop spinning. If you don't start a team fight by locking him down, he's going to win it. Zhong and Zeus are the only others like that, and they have to blow everything to do so, Merc doesn't.

The joust thing was a joke for your amusement btw. :p

He is so so easy to counter jungle though, so if you just take advantage of that you can shut him down early and win before late game. At least that's what I do every time I play against him, don't think I've lost vs a Mercury yet.. At least not in league ;)

You always got to try and get a kill on him before the 2nd harpy spawn, if you do you're pretty much not going to se much from him until late game.

Always play the weaknesses of the god you are against. And every god got weaknesses :p
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Phil725 » November 20, 2013 12:24am | Report
Counter jungling is very effective in general. It's probably the easiest way to snowball over a team you're better than outside of simply beating them. It's not always possible to do though. A good team will collapse on you, and a bad team will leave you out to dry when you do it. Getting his red pot early is huge, but it has to be a pretty bad Merc to not pick up a few kills/assists through the first twenty minutes of the game, regardless of start.

He isn't super deadly until late game regardless, it's just that he ganks like Hun Batz on a shorter cooldown while having that ridiculous late game.

My favorite suggestion I've seen is to have his ult's max range extend with level, but there's an underlying problem with his stats in general. The usual trade off for the insane burst characters is being super squishy, but good players always have good positioning. I'm not really sure how you deal with that aside from the obvious 'more bans in ranked' solution.

Phil725

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » November 20, 2013 12:35am | Report
He is a first pick first ban god atm that is true, but now with the insane nerf/fix to his jungle clear (the Golden Bow change) and lane clear for that matter. I wouldn't be surprised if we see him more in the spot as Fenrir is now.

btw Fenrir ***** on Mercury, so easy mode.
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Romanians » November 20, 2013 1:23am | Report
VVGT

Now Aphro is half useless .If I understand this correctly when i'll use my 2 it won't provide a slow + decent damage to enemies around my soul mate but around me with a knockback and same damage like I wouldn't have a soulmate at all .How pathetic .

Another not needed nerf to Chang'e .What the hell Hi-rez . She already got a cooldown nerf , a duration reduction on her 2 , now you are taking away her heal as well . This is just lame .

Small Freya nerf . I guess all those kids complaining about Freya being op on reddit are happy now .

VEA

AMC nerf . It was about time .
Mercury nerf , same as AMC , more to come hopefully , nerf him to death .
Small Chronos nerf , hopefully more to come .Now , even with max cdr he will be vulnerable some time and be forced to retreat .

Romanians

Established (17)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }