Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Patch 6.9 ~ Queen of the Underworld ~ Prism's Thoughts

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Patch 6.9 ~ Queen of the Underworld ~ Prism's Thoughts 20 posts - page 2 of 2

Poll Question:

Did you like Persephone?
Yes
No
VOTE
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » August 8, 2019 10:02am | Report
Kriega1 wrote:

Pridwen and Fail-Not were nerfed.

Yeah my brain is fried from work. I meant nerf on Prid/Fail, and I know they were nerfs in my head. My fingers typed differently.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GaseousClay » August 8, 2019 10:35pm | Report
I don't like the nerfs to Jorg =/ why...
It's great that Ardolight got buffed, but sucks that God's like Set can't use it.
Still gonna rush FailNot :P ... loosing 5% crit? meh. No biggie I was gettig 3 WD anyways.

GaseousClay

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by silentshell » August 9, 2019 12:36pm | Report
I guess that the devs really felt like there was too much movement speed out there to be had and that it was destroying game balance. I don't know why this is coming at this particular juncture, and i'm not sure how I feel about it myself.

My basic assumptions are that they were seeing too many "crazy" builds not utilizing boots even though there are some that are viable at times. I don't play other modes than arena and at times joust but to anyone who plays the other modes, were there lots of players giving up boots for different ring or sword combinations to pick up movement speed?

This is going to completely shift builds on a lot of characters. The rings completely change a lot of considerations. I think that you will still see people building multiple swords because they did nothing to Katana this time but I don't think it is going to be as big of a given to double up on swords since best case scenario I think off the top of my head I believe that you are going to lose 1% basic ms minimum if you build 2 swords with no boots I think up to 4% basic ms depending on what sword combo you use.

I guess that what I gather from this is that the devs want people to stick to boots and merely supplement movement with other items rather than supplant it, and to also make players consider their item choices a lot more since the pool of movement items available have been adjusted in the ways they will be this update. This also seems to signal their desire for players to give a harder look to items that maybe have been collecting dust or even to merely get players to be more creative in their building instead of just relying on things that have been pretty standard for a lot of gods based on the items how they were. This shift also seems to be trying to make rings a more attractive option from a power/damage output standpoint.

silentshell

Remarkable (5)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by WolfWitch » August 9, 2019 4:47pm | Report
Holy moly strawberry doughnut! You look really hyped about this patch! So I am, however!

I don't really enjoy Nike, but I really do want to have that skin! It's cuddly, fluffy, and my type of skin!!!

Abuot the changes, which is what ya'll seem to be getting crazy about, movement speed nerf is good, no mage should be faster than Chang'e! *wink*

Also eff the katana tree! Especially Arachne, that old jealous spider!

And I'm pretty stoked about possibly playing Persephone! Will probably try to do a quick how-to on her if I end up enjoying her as much as I do! xoxos

WolfWitch

Remarkable (7)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by silentshell » August 11, 2019 9:48am | Report
Does anyone feel any extra love for Shaman's Ring with the coming patch and the changes they made to it? I feel like it will be a lot more viable fitting in with Ymir builds than it already was for me at times and I also feel like I could squeeze it in to an arena build for Sobek and Terra too.

silentshell

Remarkable (5)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xmysterionz » August 11, 2019 9:56am | Report
silentshell wrote:

Does anyone feel any extra love for Shaman's Ring with the coming patch and the changes they made to it? I feel like it will be a lot more viable fitting in with Ymir builds than it already was for me at times and I also feel like I could squeeze it in to an arena build for Sobek and Terra too.

No, because R.I.P my Ayrton Senna Poseidon

xmysterionz
<Sharpshooter>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (71)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » August 11, 2019 9:58am | Report
silentshell wrote:

You know my first thoughts for mage item (generally) changes isn't whether it's going to be great on gods like Ymir.

Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by silentshell » August 11, 2019 10:54am | Report
Kriega1 wrote:

You know my first thoughts for mage item (generally) changes isn't whether it's going to be great on gods like Ymir.

Didn't figure it would be, just asking for a bit of specific input for how players feel about the change to the item in general(I actually have been working slowly to get comfortable with a group of mages so I have them as options) and then focused on a character(albeit not a mage) that I use regularly and that Shaman's Ring can work for in arena based on my experience.

I threw out there the bit about Sobek and Terra as a feeler to see if I got lambasted for even suggesting it for those two as well or if my thoughts for them in arena could be correct in relation to Shaman's Ring. I mean, generally, this place is a good way to get feedback when pondering such questions.

I have been noticing more and more in arena that plenty of players are getting by with 1 or 2 purely dedicated defensive items, even as tanks, and running the rest of their builds with hybrid/offensive items and having pretty good success with that. I have had similar results with some of the physical tanks I play, but haven't tested build concepts for that on my magical tanks yet, soooooooooooooooo...now here I stand answering your witty rejoinder with a long winded post of my own.

silentshell

Remarkable (5)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by silentshell » August 11, 2019 11:09am | Report
xmysterionz wrote:

No, because R.I.P my Ayrton Senna Poseidon

silentshell

Remarkable (5)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Karisma » September 20, 2019 2:46am | Report
I've become Persephone main as of later, so yes...
Currently playing Classic WoW.

Shaman Raid Tank

aficionado & expert in off-meta specs: Melee Hunter, Smite Priest, Priest Tank Guide, Rogue Tank and more...

Karisma

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }