Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Patch 6.5, "Sand & Skies" - Bran's Thoughts

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Patch 6.5, "Sand & Skies" - Bran's Thoughts 31 posts - page 3 of 4
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » April 17, 2019 5:12pm | Report
OHHHH now it's MYST who's trolling his team, huh?

DV-8...damn, great list and thought process. That's a lot to test. Have you ever downloaded the test server? I don't remember if you can go into jungle practice there (I think you can, I just forget right now cuz I haven't used it in a few months), but we might be able to try there...guessing PTS might be up by tonight?

FYI, when you activate your ult as Horus, they can only see your actual body glowing on the ground. They cannot see where you're looking to land. Then, when you select your landing spot, it's got that 2 second wind-up, at the end of which, any teammates in the radius should be transported, unless perhaps something is conflicting with that. Also, during that 2 second wind-up, the 1st second, the enemy cannot see the landing location. The 2nd second, they do...so they get a 1 second warning, but I think they only see a ground targeter, not who's arriving.

As for the teleport, I've got some guesses on some things:
  • I don't know on pets (Art, Hera, Loki, Set's clones). I'm going to guess that they won't.

• If a teammate is not on the ground (e.g. they're banished or using that Janus drop) they won't be teleported.

• Chronos will go back to his original spot from that timeframe.

• Jormun cannot be displaced...by enemy CC. He will probably go along on the trip with Horus.

• Big Baby will teleport. Similarly, if a teammate is in the middle of a channeled ability use like Hades ult, a dash, etc., it will continue. Honestly though I'm 50/50 on this possibility...ugh. Now I really want to know.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SkyPirateShini » April 17, 2019 6:33pm | Report
I know Horus is the Golden Boy this patch but I'm interested to try Set. He seems super interesting if a bit difficult to use.

SkyPirateShini

Notable (4)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Supportable » April 17, 2019 7:55pm | Report
Does Set seem disappointing to anyone else? He's an interesting kit but it's clunky with the 2 and for how ability based he seems I have more success with auto attacks.

Supportable
<Gladiator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (2)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » April 17, 2019 8:13pm | Report
I had no expectations, so I'm not upset. If he can be 2nd one in in an engagement, he looks like he could deal some really good damage. I like that he has both ability and basic attack functions...but not sure how much I'll actually like the feel of his kit.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » April 17, 2019 8:45pm | Report
Pets do travel with Horus ult. PonPon and Ajax did mention that they themselves didn't know this until PonPon on playtest accidentaly teleported Tina's Tusky right into Ajax

and gods that channel abilities, if they're not CC immune during the channeling, are teleported

I question how the ult interacts with Beads and Aphro ult
Signature by Stuke99, check out his Website Portfolio and his SmiteFire Profile!

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » April 17, 2019 11:52pm | Report
Set's Ability #3, Sandstorm:

Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » April 18, 2019 12:09am | Report
Set and Horus gameplay courtesy of dmbrandon and dukesloth:

Set

Horus
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Tlaloc1050 » April 18, 2019 2:01am | Report
Branmuffin17 wrote:

Set's Ability #3, Sandstorm:

Bran no

Tlaloc1050
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (17)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Gulfwulf » April 18, 2019 6:25am | Report
Supportable wrote:

Does Set seem disappointing to anyone else? He's an interesting kit but it's clunky with the 2 and for how ability based he seems I have more success with auto attacks.

I'm not impressed either. I just watched a duel video, and while it's duel, I dunno what to make of him.

Gulfwulf
<Guardian Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (81)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Estidien » April 18, 2019 7:20am | Report
I can tell you all right now that these gods are both designed almost exclusively with conquest in mind.

I've only had a chance to fiddle with the kits a bit but I hope to be able to give a full report tonight.

Estidien
<Ambush Artist>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (30)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }