Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Patch 5.12, "Cyber Shadow" - Bran's Thoughts

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Patch 5.12, "Cyber Shadow" - Bran's Thoughts 3 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » June 29, 2018 11:52am | Report
Patch notes are found here: https://www.smitegame.com/news/cyber-shadow-5-12-pc-update-notes

Blablamoreexclusiveskinsstillnozhongloveblabla

Item changes:

(Some magical ADC love)
  • Demonic Grip (buff): Gets a small power boost, from 50 to 65 power. This is okay but nothing big.

• Reinforced Greaves and Reinforced Shoes (buff): Health gets a slight bump, from 75 to 100, and max passive stacks gets increased by 1. The passive stacks are the bigger deal here, as it increases max protections from 18 to 24. That's not bad at all for tanks.

• Talaria Boots and Traveler's Shoes (buff): very slight power boost of 5 for both. Not a huge deal.

• Telkhines Ring (buff): Power boost from 70 to 90, and magical power scaling from 8% to 10%. I see these buffs being more effective for Sol compared to Freya.

God changes:
  • Artemis (nerf): This is a bit surprising. When she uses Calydonian Boar, she used to get 3 seconds of CC immunity. It's being reduced to 1.5 seconds. I admit, 3 seconds is very long, but she's a god that has no actual mobility, so it was somewhat understandable. Gave her a lot of flexibility in engaging, but perhaps too much, because her burst potential is also one of the best. 1.5 is still pretty nice. I think 2 seconds instead of 1.5 would have been a better initial adjustment.

• Athena (nerfs): Ouch. Athena's ult, Defender of Olympus, gets both a top end damage reduction, as well as a top end CD nerf. Instead of decreasing per rank from 110 seconds down to 90 seconds, it's now static at 110. With the difficulty in connecting on your ult (it's not dependent on your own skills, but rather the awareness and positioning of the teammate you're ulting to), it's now an ability you'd likely straight up level last. This might be good in some ways, in that it'll make you get your other skills up earlier, but geez, I didn't know she needed this nerf. Okay, the global ult is strong. But still.

• Baron Samedi (nerfs): Hysteria's bonus damage at max stacks drops from 25% to 20%. Vivid Gaze's scaling drops from 80% to 70%. Wrap It Up no longer roots root-immune targets (which is obviously a bug). Life of the Party gets a base damage nerf at all ranks. These are all reasonable, from what I can tell so far.

• Camazotz (buffs): gets a base mana increase, from 220 to 240. This is nice. His passive, Essence Drinker, gets a nice buff (from 3% to 6%) for all lifsteal and healing. Screech gets a 10 mana cost reduction at all ranks. More ability use and better sustain (on a pretty good sustain already).

• Chernobog (nerfs): Vicious Barrage gets a 10% attack speed steroid reduction at all ranks. This is probably fine. Living Nightmare gets an adjustment to the slow...now takes longer (more stacks) to reach the same slow %. Since it's global and affects all enemies at the same time for a long duration, this is good.

• Fafnir (buff): They just can't figure this guy out. Buff, nerf, buff, nerf. Gets a decent base HP5 buff, from 5 to 7...his HP5 is one of the lowest of all guardians, so this is good ( Ares, for example, has 8). He also gets 2 mana cost reductions, to Underhanded Tactics and Draconic Corruption. Nice QoL.

• Mercury (nerf): Made You Look gets a damage reduction in the early game. Late game, the damage is still the same. This is fine. I hate Mercury, both playing and fighting against. XD

Altogether, a sort of ho-hum patch.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SkyPirateShini » June 29, 2018 12:07pm | Report
I feel like Baron Samedi also needs the pull duration lowered on his ult. I feel it's too long as it is, but these nerfs are a really good start.

SkyPirateShini

Notable (4)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Gulfwulf » June 29, 2018 10:38pm | Report
I like the changes to the reinforced footwear.

Gulfwulf
<Guardian Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (81)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }