Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Opinions on New Kali

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Opinions on New Kali 62 posts - page 1 of 7
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » December 10, 2013 1:54pm | Report
(RazeMage as the Vet here are your patch notes to post)
What do you guys think of the new Kali, especially her passive, as revealed today on HiRezBart's Stream?

Link to Patch Notes: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1PnAKmBtfnaAhxOX_TmtFT6h5pDpcAKmCvGv5OGVK9lc/pub
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoapSuds » December 10, 2013 2:08pm | Report
She definitely got a nice boost to her. Her passive seems very interesting. Not sure how I feel about it on paper, but will have to see when it happens.

On an unrelated note to Kali, but to the patch notes. Another Chang'e heal nerf. Gotta' love it. Can't say I can justify that with the Crescent Moon Dance buff on protections.
Comic Series Currently Reading:
  • Wonder Woman Vol 2
  • Green Lantern Vol 2
  • Infinity Gauntlet

SoapSuds

Prominent (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Romanians » December 10, 2013 2:10pm | Report
First immortal god .:)

Her passive will be interesting. Bad luck for you if it will target the tank.

She will finally have cc and mobility .

But this patch saddens me, another Chang'e nerf. She already had an weak heal. I think she'll end up a god with no abilities at all when Hi-rez will be done with her .

Poly nerf saddens me even more. I was just talking to a friend also playing Smite this week of how I'm 100 % sure poly will be nerfed soon. Sooner than I expected .Good bye to finishing the mino in 6 sec with Freya .

Romanians

Established (17)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » December 10, 2013 2:11pm | Report
Wow. I didn't see this.

other stuff 'bout patch

Overall, she seems like she's more focused on single-target damage, which I guess makes sense.

The ultimate is crazy. But its odd that they don't show a duration limit. Also, I forsee a lot of Kalis being killed by a single arrow from a nearby Roman Ranged. Roman Ranged OP; HiRez plz nerf

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Thiel » December 10, 2013 2:18pm | Report
Yeah, the duration on her ult makes all the difference. Being immune for, let's say, 5 seconds, is massive.
That's just my 2 cents.

Oy! Give me some privacy.

Thiel

Memorable (12)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Silv3rX » December 10, 2013 2:20pm | Report
Hate it.
The Moba King

Silv3rX
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (53)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » December 10, 2013 2:21pm | Report
Silv3rX wrote:

Hate it.

Hate it in what way? Do you not like the direction they're taking her; do you think it's bad compared to the old one; do you think it's now too overpowered, etc. Kinda curious as to why
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by artski » December 10, 2013 2:30pm | Report
Kalis ultimate seems monstrous. Love to see how that pans out. More Chnage nerfs woopie... don't really see why she needs so many. I know shes not as squishy as other gods of her type but its not like her heal is that good anyway lol.

artski

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Thiel » December 10, 2013 2:32pm | Report
Also her jump seems to deal way more damage than your average jump. I guess they reckoned she lacked a immideate escape tho her 3 is pretty much a Fist of the Gods and her ultimate means she can just walk out.

Interesting kit, sounds overpowered though. At least she's more interesting than before, so yay for that.
That's just my 2 cents.

Oy! Give me some privacy.

Thiel

Memorable (12)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Phil725 » December 10, 2013 2:33pm | Report
She got a leap, a heal, and a death immune aura ult. She can still do other stuff while she's immune in her ult! I'll wait until I see it, but she seems broken as hell. How is any mid laner supposed to survive a tower dive from her? She can just run around in tower for 5 seconds while unleashing her full kit, auto attacking, and damaging!

Also, LOL at whoever said this was a Chang'e nerf. She got buffed AGAIN. She was already the strongest solo laner, and now she gets extra protections on her 1, 'and' magical protection when the only minor counter to her was burst mages. I hope no one wanted to play her in ranked any time soon.

Phil725

Remarkable (5)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }