Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Op Forgetfullness

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Op Forgetfullness 11 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » November 18, 2013 7:38pm | Report
I like how people would spam how gods like Thor, ect are OP and need fixed a while back...

I now find it funny that with all the new gods and changes that everyone has like forgotten about those old gods and don't even spam the word OP anymore to those gods like they used to.

What happened did people figure out how to play or did they simply forget because there are more op things to worry about :D

I just find it funny espcially thor, go back in time and you could hardly find a thread without seeing people cry over thor saying things like
- his stun is op because its long range and instant plus its an obstacle
- his spin does op damage and makes him jungle faster than everyone else
- His hammer is op because you can telaport its better than any escape
- his ult is superman across half the map

What happen to the old OP gods people used to complain about?
I here no more complaining what happened?

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » November 18, 2013 8:14pm | Report
Maybe because there are more new players so most of them don't know the old op gods yet.
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sirsir94 » November 18, 2013 8:50pm | Report
They know what to expect and how to deal with it to a point.
PENTAS: Loki
Quadras: Cupid, Artemis, Loki, Ah Muzen Cab

Sirsir94

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » November 18, 2013 9:47pm | Report
Because the power level of gods as a whole has increased. Some gods lag behind, and some are ahead of the pack.

I like Thor. He's pretty balanced.

I like chocolate cakes and a good curry.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » November 18, 2013 9:52pm | Report
They're still overpowered in respect to the gods of their time. However, in respect to new gods, they aren't.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_creep
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Firraria » November 18, 2013 10:19pm | Report
I heard they were going to do major balancing at the end of beta... but this is Hi-Rez, who knows how long that will take.

Firraria
<Skullcracker>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ragingstorm » November 18, 2013 10:26pm | Report
ICEN, out of all the people, you're going to be the one who brings this back? Well guys, let's take an old route back to the older days of Smitwefire and count how many times ICEN used the word "OP" on this thread! :D SO FOLKS. GET OUT A BOTTLE OF BEER AND DRINK WHENEVER YOU SEE OP MENTIONED BY ICEN.

https://www.smitefire.com/smite/forum/general-discussion/smite-tier-list-for-fun-1291

P.S. ICEN, I still remember you as "that person who screams that everything is OP." No, seriously! I do!
All Hail Queen Storm, Queen Storm, Queen Ragingstorm!
You may call me Miss Storm.

"I have returned to the battlefield of these men, and this time, there will be no more salvation,"~Ragingstorm

BB Coding Queen of Smitefire: In the Olden Days, at least.

Ragingstorm

Prominent (49)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » November 19, 2013 12:13am | Report
I don't recall myself screaming OP at everything, I don't even remember making threads about being OP if I remember right it was a TON of people making op threads especially for thor.

I don't remember me being the main "op sayer" I always thought I was the main "rager"
And I only seen Op used for hel and hebo but I remember everyone screaming "OP ANHUR" so I wasn't the only one saying OP.

I am not talking about have you ever said OP before... I am saying why has everyone forgot about the so called "old Op gods" that they used to complain about.

All gods that you ever see me label OP either
- they have been fixed by now
- I still think they are op
- they got remodeled/reworked

But what about THOR?

THOR WAS KING OF OP by many what happened to the threads about op thor?

Gods that people cried about being OP.
* Anhur - Some people would whine about his kit why are none of you saying Op anymore?
* Baccus - not many said he was op but just because a delay on his jump people don't say op?
* Thor - He was the King of OP when anyone said OP thor was the first thing you thought of
* Chronos - here and there you would here about him being op by some people
* Fenrir - was op king when he first came out but really he still kills you in one go so derp?
* Hebo - some people would say OP I personally loved calling his 1 op but the rest fine
* Hercules - hes stronger now the before lol ***** funny nobody is crying much ?
* Hel - she had the title of "broken" broken was the term for her
* Loki - OP KING along with thor, everyone used to cry about him mainly the new people
* Poseidon - OP KING STATUS along with thor, when cripple came out EVERYONE REALLY CRIED LEGIT
* Tyr - OP as hell when first came out, but most people just learned how to counter him

Note : Some of this gods has been fixed and some of these gods ARE STILL THE SAME or STRONGER.
This list does not mean they are currently op or not op, what this list shows are the common gods that people called "OP" or made threads saying those gods are "OP"

So I am curious why people has forgotten about their once "OP" gods they said was "OP" some of them ain't even used as much.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » November 19, 2013 12:27am | Report
Well, people did cry OP when they added the stun and teleport to Thor for no apparent reason.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » November 19, 2013 1:23am | Report
The thing that made Thor "op" before was basically how the meta was.

His ganks where super good at the time, now they are just good.
His teleport could get him out of cripple.
And he had really good CC (still got good CC).
Was able to build pretty tanky and still do tons of damage by building penetration (he still does that ofc).
It was just him and Apollo with global presence ( Neith and Xbalanque too, but in a different way), now we got Athena, Thanatos and Mercury as well.

So basically he just doesn't fit into the game as he did before, but he will be back bringing the thunder and the lightning some day ;)
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }