Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Loki Rework

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Loki Rework 9 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DV-8 » February 21, 2020 3:30pm | Report
Curious to hear everyone's thoughts about the new Loki rework.

If they decide to implement these changes, I definitely think it would be a step in the right direction and that it would be beneficial for the game.

As he is right now, Loki is just an unexciting and boring god to play with and against. Change is necessary.

I also think it's interesting to hear the thought process of the developers, as well as their criteria for reworking a god.

Thoughts?

DV-8
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (35)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Stuke99 » February 21, 2020 4:45pm | Report
I want Loki to be more viable, yes, but I honestly have no idea how to do it or how HR is going to go about it.

Stuke99
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » February 21, 2020 6:56pm | Report
Most of the criteria they've set up are the same as the ones they used for Bastet and Odin before them. For Loki, I think they tried hard to provide reasons to justify the rework while fitting into the criteria they set previously. Instead, they should just say "hey, Loki is outside the normal criteria but he is one of the most controversial gods with major balance and frustration issues, and we're going to rework him." I think that would be more honest.

That said, yes, he needs a rework. I think Aimed Strike can go. It's a **** ability. Give him some kind of steroid in place of it, or on top of it.

I think Decoy can be reworked or adjusted...I had ideas we were discussing on SF Discord on that one. I think being able to trigger Decoy early would make it a bit more interesting and allow him to more quickly move through the jungle once his power is strong enough to clear, but that might make things too easy for his clear unless you scaled the damage based on the time it's been out.

I agree Vanish probably should stay relatively similar to what it is now, as that's a core part of his kit. The ult is fairly stupid and makes it pretty difficult to counterplay, so that's also a possibility, but I don't know how I'd adjust that.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DV-8 » February 21, 2020 7:26pm | Report
I liked their take on the Decoy rework. Removing the taunt and not having it draw tower aggro would make it more difficult for him to split push.

The 3 and ult cone attacks they discussed sound interesting, but I would have to see how those play out.

DV-8
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (35)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Setolino » February 22, 2020 12:29am | Report
Sounds interesting, he keeps his stealth but his ult and 2 gets a rework. Always was frustrating to play against a Loki like old Nu wa, hope they don't **** it up.
"Wololol" -Age of Empires

Setolino
<Godlike>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SkyPirateShini » February 22, 2020 6:59am | Report
I think it's looking good but I wanna see some of it in action first.

SkyPirateShini

Notable (4)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by boogiebass » February 22, 2020 11:04am | Report
Better to remove the stealth if Loki takes dmg while invis (like ao and morigan), but let him keep the buffs from the stealth (increased movement speed and immunity to slows).

Wards should ping even if enemies are stealthed.

boogiebass
<World Serpent>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (46)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Setolino » February 22, 2020 11:41am | Report
boogiebass wrote:

Better to remove the stealth if Loki takes dmg while invis (like ao and morigan), but let him keep the buffs from the stealth (increased movement speed and immunity to slows).

Wards should ping even if enemies are stealthed.

Maybe a sentry ward, but not a normal one tbh, would be to strong.
"Wololol" -Age of Empires

Setolino
<Godlike>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » February 24, 2020 12:24am | Report
Agree with Seto here better to implement the ward system like LoL specially since vision relic is also a thing. Don't forget that vision is an OP stat, that's why we had ward limits nerfed.

I do like they are keeping the stealth but do make the change that escaping with it is harder.

don't know about the rest of his Kit as I havent seen it in action atm

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }