Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Let's Make Patch Notes - Mages

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Let's Make Patch Notes - Mages 240 posts - page 15 of 24
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Jordenito » March 18, 2014 10:06am | Report
Well... I guess we're out of ideas about Goobis. Pandr & Darkjaw still haven't shared their ideas and thoughts about changing him, so I'll just put a summary for Goobis so far, we'll move on and if they want to share their ideas, they can re-open this subject.

Anubis Summary

Moving on. Vulcan.

The only problem with Vulcan, ATM, in my opinion, is his passive. Basically, he has got a passive. It's the worst in the game. His auto attacks aren't "smooth" like those of Scylla, and it doesn't fit his kit.

My ideas:

New Passive: Forged Mark

1) Enemy gods that are hit by Vulcan's basic attacks and/or Backfire are marked. Inferno Cannon prioritizes marked enemies and attacks them. The turret can fire at a 360* radius against a forged mark. The turret refreshes its target if a new enemy god is hit by Vulcan's auto attacks and/or Backfire.

Explanation: The passive suits him better, and I'd really want to see a 360* turret.

2) Make his auto-attacks melee again. Then, much like the first idea, make his auto attacks and Backfire mark the target for the turret to shoot at them at a 360* radius. On top of that, the turret gains 10% extra damage and penetration against marked targets.

Explanation: I feel like his ranged auto attacks are too "forced"., just because he is a Mage. It's like, "Take that hammered sand!"... it's... iffy... If we are to make his auto attacks melee again, giving them a boost is the right idea.

My Guides

If you want me to review your guide, or need help and tips, make sure to P.M me. I'll be happy to do so.

Jordenito
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (66)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » March 18, 2014 11:52am | Report
Eh, this doesn't solve anything. I want to make a passive that's useful and synergizes with his kit. Your passive and the old one just shove in some basic attack synergy that doesn't exist.

Seriously:

Backfire shoves him away from the range of basic attacks

Inferno Cannon is an automated attack, far from the range of basics.

Magma Bomb can be used within basic attack range, but it knocks them in an unpredictable direction, making it more difficult to hit with basics, as well as being very long range.

I think a better idea would be to do something about his turret. For example:

The Forge*: When Earthshaker is not on cooldown, Inferno Cannon deals splash damage (50% in 15 feet), and Vulcan's other abilities gain 15 feet of range (NOT damage redius). Basically, it's the traits of his ultimate applied to his abilities.

Since Vulcans typically save their ultimate for when they need it, instead of burning it for any old engagement like Nu Wa's or Ra's, I thought this would work as a small buff, and adding more synergy with his attacks. (Also, Inferno Cannon seriously needed a buff. It's pretty much useless in its current state.)

*Yes, I know I suck at naming things.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Jordenito » March 18, 2014 12:07pm | Report
Okay. I see your point.

As for the range increase, do you mean the range in which you can use abilities, i.e Magma Bomb & Backfire? Because the meatball already has insane range. The poke is ridiculous. I think that you should increase the range on Backfire if you mean to do it. Other than that I'm okay with your idea.

I would like to mention that I still want the turret to attack marked targets in a 360* radius. I think it'll be much better than the 10% damage increase, since people are rarely hit more than once by the turret. (Backfire only marks, not basic attacks like I've suggested).

Also, do you think that the turret should lifesteal?

My Guides

If you want me to review your guide, or need help and tips, make sure to P.M me. I'll be happy to do so.

Jordenito
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (66)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » March 18, 2014 1:06pm | Report
Well, I don't think it should. If it started applying on-hit effects... Gem of Isolation. That's all I have to say.

Edit: The range increase is really small. 55 feet is a ranged basic, and I think 13 feet the longest melee basic attack range (don't quote me on that). But if it bothers you, yeah, make it apply only to Backfire.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » March 19, 2014 8:51am | Report
Uh, you could have just said, "I think his passive is the only thing that needs changing." No one here has even suggested changing anything else.

A. If you are going to introduce another turret, then please don't tie it with basic attacks. Wasn't there already a small discussion about basic attacks and Vulcan? But other than that, this sounds like a cool idea.

B. No, this idea is pretty dumb. For one, what use is a passive that only applies 1% of the time? Also, this just encourages more Vulcans to use their ultimate for utility. If there is a SINGLE ultimate that is NOT to be used for utility, it's this one.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by arka222 » March 19, 2014 9:57am | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

Uh, you could have just said, "I think his passive is the only thing that needs changing." No one here has even suggested changing anything else.

A. If you are going to introduce another turret, then please don't tie it with basic attacks. Wasn't there already a small discussion about basic attacks and Vulcan? But other than that, this sounds like a cool idea.

B. No, this idea is pretty dumb. For one, what use is a passive that only applies 1% of the time? Also, this just encourages more Vulcans to use their ultimate for utility. If there is a SINGLE ultimate that is NOT to be used for utility, it's this one.

- wat I could hav said is utter useless to be critical on.. i tried to sum up wat jordenito and u suggested giving reasons for my contradictory views. If it displeases you so much, I can quit this thread too.

- My idea could be useless fine no issues with that.

EDIT: But the nonsense critical language u using these days might not get a lot of buyers.
Fun and Heart
IGN: arka222
Clan: ARKA GANG
Motto: Never let the team down..find a way to win..
My Guide on Vulcan
A god idea...

arka222

Memorable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » March 19, 2014 10:02am | Report
Small report: Zeus' Chain Lightning is indeed a big source of his damage, often exceeding the damage from Detonate Charge, at least on the death report. Also, the Ullr patch seems to have made it bugged to arc more than 4 times.

Edit: Tested it,; false alarm. ****.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » March 19, 2014 10:23am | Report
Note that it's spread out among people though, and is often absorbed by minions or a gap just springs up enough to make it disappear. It's definitely better than detonate charge, but even with how detonate charge needs to accrue stacks, chain lightning is oddly less reliably more damage.

I find zeus ok after the swing progression nerf. He already has 0 escapes and is ruined by caster physical like Fenrir and Tyr. He's ok imo.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Jordenito » March 19, 2014 10:29am | Report
arka222 wrote:
Though I wish to see a 360deg inferno cannon but IMO it will make Vulcan too OP by dealing easy damage.

Not really. His turret is the squishiest thing of all times. And usually, players won't level max it first, because they'll lose a lot of the burst & wave clear, and if someone takes down their turret when they maxed it first, then you lose a lot of your damage. Seriously, it's like two auto attacks and it's dead.

Sure, late game, you can say it'll be op. It deals half the damage of Magma Bomb per shot. True, but then again, late game, everyone can easily 1 shot you. Late game, you can take down 70% of a squishie's health just with Magma Bomb & Backfire. So if you land them, enemies won't stick around, probably. And if you miss them, it compensates a little bit for that. And don't forget, the turret hitting in a 360* applies only to the marked target, for the target to be marked you must hit Backfire.

The turret is fairly underpowered ATM. It's just too squishy and doesn't land more than one fireball. It's mainly used to zoning. Sure, it shines when you attack the GF or FG, but it just doesn't do enough.

My Guides

Jordenito
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (66)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » March 19, 2014 11:01am | Report
Even if the damage is unreliable, it always seems to hit at least twice. Twice means 410 damage + 80% on an ability with an 8 second cooldown, not to mention two charges. I don't think a utility skill like this should be that strong, especially when you consider that Detonate Charge is already very strong.

I've died from his Chain Lightning a lot of times, and even WITH minions nearby. For some odd reason, it deals more damage than Detonate most of the time(You can press I for the death report and damage numbers breakdown), except in late game where Detonate Charge is maxed.

I'm honestly just sick of procing two unavoidable charges from his ultimate, even if it's not centered on me, then being hit with another unavoidable Chain Lightning and being killed.

A possible fix is really simple, too: Just make it so that Chain Lightning can only bounce to a target once, and definitely reduce the range of the bounces (I was recently killed as Ullr when it bounced from the Sand Guardian to me, at the edge of the water circle). His waveclear is unchanged, but his damage is. Because currently, it is way too easy to kill things with Zeus. The thing about basic attacks is supposed to be a restriction, but when he can give full charges on you without entering basic attack range, it gets really ****ing annoying.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }