Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Is Qin's Sais Overpowered?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Is Qin's Sais Overpowered? 15 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » January 2, 2014 9:42pm | Report
This item is in nearly every hunter build, and has even seen use in bruiser builds, because of the sheer damage on this item.

I want to ask if this item's popularity is because it is too strong, or if the other lifesteal items are too weak. Personally, I think this item is too strong, rather than the other lifesteal items being too weak.

devourer's gloves give a hefty amount of physical power, Bloodforge is an excellent Arena item, Asi might be a little underpowered considering how few use it, and the same for Soul Eater.

I think a good idea would be to remove the physical power this item gives. That way, items like devourer's gloves would look like a more attractive option for gods like Anhur or Neith or AMC. Maybe increase the attack speed to compensate, so it'd fit on gods like Artemis and Mercury rather than being on every single hunter ever.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » January 2, 2014 9:54pm | Report
Qin's Blades is theoretically more dps, and is the better mathematical choice.
The thing is, no one uses skills to secure a kill (which is the smarter option), they use their abilities (E.G. Apollo dashes, in uses mesmerize, sets up a So Beautiful), and then uses auto attacks. Since these abilities have bursted down the health, the Sais become better than Blades.

As such, for those who use abilities FIRST, and NOT to secure, they are better. If you have restraint, and use abilities to finish them, Blades are better mathematically, and especially against tanks.

As for versus other lifesteal items, Bloodforge is solid for those who are facing a very squishy enemy team. Soul Eater is for bruisers who want to help out, and Asi is for those with low health buffs, namely Sun Wukong. Devourer's gloves is always a solid choice all round, however, and is usually used in conquest.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Phil725 » January 2, 2014 9:58pm | Report
It's definitely overpowered. I don't have the math at hand, but there's a reason that every hunter, almost all physical assassins and some bruisers get them. They kind of fall into a pitfall that HiRez seems to be hitting a lot; they're not a lifesteal item as much as they're an everything item with no downside at all. They give lifesteal, attack speed and the effective physical power when you factor in the passive is huge.

Personally, I'd like to see them lose the lifesteal (maybe getting a small buff to one of the other numbers to balance it out.) That way you would have to decide between lifesteal and pure damage when making your build. As is, the highest damage build also gives you a lot of utility.

Phil725

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » January 2, 2014 9:59pm | Report
Well, in my experience, the only lifesteal item that hunters get in Sais. I have literally not seen a single deviation of this, other than myself. Maybe those in Silver blindly follow the guys at Tiermonster, but seriously, I'd expect at least one or two players to NOT get Sais for once.

I just think that Sais/Blades should be tweaked a little to not be the perfect Hunter item.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » January 2, 2014 10:35pm | Report
Maybe return the stats to old one, the one with health

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » January 2, 2014 10:39pm | Report
I'd like to avoid that. 150 health was pretty much a useless stat, and 2.5% health meant nothing.

I think Blades are balanced, but Sais are not. I think a simple removal of the 20 base damage would fix things.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » January 2, 2014 10:42pm | Report
I actually mean remove the lifesteal and add the health. Long time ago I always confused as wether to but qin or not cause I will lose lifesteal. Now it is good

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Phil725 » January 3, 2014 6:31am | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

Well, in my experience, the only lifesteal item that hunters get in Sais. I have literally not seen a single deviation of this, other than myself. Maybe those in Silver blindly follow the guys at Tiermonster, but seriously, I'd expect at least one or two players to NOT get Sais for once.

I just think that Sais/Blades should be tweaked a little to not be the perfect Hunter item.

It's the only lifesteal item hunters get because it's also the highest DPS item. I assume the vast majority of people will still go for the highest DPS build once you change Sais, but at least give people potential pros and cons to a build. Don't make the highest DPS build have additional movement speed, attack speed and lifesteal; it's kind of silly.

There's always going to be a mathematically correct build, so I don't have a problem with one build dominating the meta, Sais just make the 1 build too strong.

Phil725

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by LevasK » January 3, 2014 6:44am | Report
Yes this Qin's Sais is overpowered and it doesn't take me to play the game to be able to tell that from stats alone. However I think that Hi Rez should try and buff other items as opposed to nerfing this one,thus opening up different build paths.If they simply nerf this then Qin's Blades will simply fill it's place.

LevasK
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (52)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HollowsEdge » January 3, 2014 5:01pm | Report
I think sais are very strong maybe a bit too strong. But now that I think about it ever since the change to blades/sais and the addition of bloodforge and asi I actually havnt seen any1 use dev gloves in a very long time.

HollowsEdge

Remarkable (5)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }