Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Early/Mid/Late Game Hunters

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Early/Mid/Late Game Hunters 8 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DV-8 » May 3, 2018 11:05am | Report
Hey, everyone.

So I had a new mini-project in mind. That is classifying all the gods as early, mid, or late game.

This can be helpful for knowing when your god/team has the greatest opportunity to do well in a Conquest match.

Unfortunately, this is a debatable subject as there is no real set indicator that a god falls under a certain category, as it is mostly speculation.

Nevertheless, I'll offer my opinions. I started with Hunters because that is the class that I know the best. Any feedback is welcomed.

EARLY GAME

MID GAME

LATE GAME

DV-8
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (35)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SkyPirateShini » May 3, 2018 11:21am | Report
I've always felt Neith was an early game hunter when I played her. Granted that was several months ago and I know she's had nerfs and buffs since then so I don't know how she plays now. I'd personally move Artemis to late game and Skadi to mid game.

SkyPirateShini

Notable (4)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » May 3, 2018 11:29am | Report
I have a proposal (also, good idea, DV).

Instead of just a point where they might be considered strongest, what about a rating on their strength at early/mid/late?

Something like...this?

Don't know if you agree with the ratings, but I did it as an example. It gives better balance to their strength throughout...like Ullr can be pretty devastating in mid too, but just labeling him "early" doesn't give enough info for people to know that.

Regarding your rankings...I'd agree, Neith perhaps more early game falling off late. Jing might be mid?
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xmysterionz » May 3, 2018 1:26pm | Report
Looks pretty good your raking.
My suggest is put ir order by how fast the god "shines".

For example: Cupid, my main, has a totally ****py early game and needs help until he get 3 or 4 items online (where he starts to shine) and shines until totally late game where he will need be protected 'cause he dies very fast.

Rama is not that different, but he shines faster than Cupid in mid game, so you could put Rama first than Cupid.

Also this will be helpful to Supports know how much time they need to protect his ADC until he start to rotate.
Excellent Job man!

xmysterionz
<Sharpshooter>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (71)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DV-8 » May 3, 2018 3:29pm | Report
xmysterionz wrote:

Looks pretty good your raking.
My suggest is put ir order by how fast the god "shines".

For example: Cupid, my main, has a totally ****py early game and needs help until he get 3 or 4 items online (where he starts to shine) and shines until totally late game where he will need be protected 'cause he dies very fast.

Rama is not that different, but he shines faster than Cupid in mid game, so you could put Rama first than Cupid.

Also this will be helpful to Supports know how much time they need to protect his ADC until he start to rotate.
Excellent Job man!

Branmuffin17 wrote:

I have a proposal (also, good idea, DV).

Instead of just a point where they might be considered strongest, what about a rating on their strength at early/mid/late?

Something like...this?

Don't know if you agree with the ratings, but I did it as an example. It gives better balance to their strength throughout...like Ullr can be pretty devastating in mid too, but just labeling him "early" doesn't give enough info for people to know that.

Thank you, guys.

I really appreciate the suggestions, and I like your chart, Bran. However, labeling gods as early/middle/late game in the first place is debatable, and it would be kind of tough for me to determine how every god performs in every stage of the game (especially in other classes whose gods I am not quite as familiar with).

Although I really like your suggestions, I think I am just going to keep it as a simple, basic approach like this, just to give people a suggestion of when a certain god is arguably most effective. I just don't think my game knowledge is quite on the level to be able to provide information of that quality yet.

Branmuffin17 wrote:
Regarding your rankings...I'd agree, Neith perhaps more early game falling off late. Jing might be mid?

I've always felt Neith was an early game hunter when I played her. Granted that was several months ago and I know she's had nerfs and buffs since then so I don't know how she plays now. I'd personally move Artemis to late game and Skadi to mid game.

I'm curious to hear your reasoning if you all don't mind elaborating.

I can go ahead and explain my thinking, though:

Neith

Neith is notorious for her high scaling on her abilities. In the late game, she will have more Power items to contribute towards her ability damage.

In teamfight scenarios, there will typically be more enemy deaths than in the earlier stages of a game, and this means there are more Broken Weaves to take advantage of.

While she likes to focus on Power, it often isn't until the later game where she can supply herself with adequate Attack Speed via items, and gives her stronger DPS. At least when I play her, my basic attacking capabilities feel most relevant in the late game.

Jing Wei

While her kit encourages her to build into Critical Strike items, it isn't a secret that these items are on the more expensive end of the spectrum.

She has to wait until first buying the basic necessities (Devo's, boots), then she has to farm for critical strike items.

I would argue that she is most effective once her critical strike build is fully online, which will most definitely be in the late game due to the expensive nature of the items.

Artemis

Artemis is one of the few hunters who can build into crit after Devos and boots. Items like Deathbringer are a popular option for her to take a significant mid game spike in her DPS compared to other ADCs.

I would agree that she is also very significant in the late game, but I feel that she really outshines a lot of competition in the mid game.

Skadi

Skadi, similar to Neith, also has relatively high scaling and a slight item dependency.

Additionally, her high crowd control and area damage renders itself effective in late game teamfight situations where enemies are clustered up.

DV-8
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (35)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » May 3, 2018 3:40pm | Report
DV-8 wrote:

Neith

Neith is notorious for her high scaling on her abilities. In the late game, she will have more Power items to contribute towards her ability damage.

In teamfight scenarios, there will typically be more enemy deaths than in the earlier stages of a game, and this means there are more Broken Weaves to take advantage of.

While she likes to focus on Power, it often isn't until the later game where she can supply herself with adequate Attack Speed via items, and gives her stronger DPS. At least when I play her, my basic attacking capabilities feel most relevant in the late game.

Jing Wei

While her kit encourages her to build into Critical Strike items, it isn't a secret that these items are on the more expensive end of the spectrum.

She has to wait until first buying the basic necessities (Devo's, boots), then she has to farm for critical strike items.

I would argue that she is most effective once her critical strike build is fully online, which will most definitely be in the late game due to the expensive nature of the items.

Artemis

Artemis is one of the few hunters who can build into crit after Devos and boots. Items like Deathbringer are a popular option for her to take a significant mid game spike in her DPS compared to other ADCs.

I would agree that she is also very significant in the late game, but I feel that she really outshines a lot of competition in the mid game.

You've got very good points about Neith. I'd still say earlier (but you could argue it's edging toward mid-game, but when she's got Transcendence and then Warrior Tabi up, she's got a ton of power just in those 2 items, and with her high scaling, it's very significant.

I still think of her more like an ability-based hunter rather than basic attacker. Of course, once all items are online, her basic attacks will feel better, especially if you get things like The Crusher and other basic attack items...and good point about random broken weaves. Just feel that in the early game, her damage potential with those items + a nice explosion on a broken weave with Spirit Arrow can be devastating.

Also, when you're talking early-game strength, her sustain due to her heal and her clear potential are difficult to overcome. This is why I consider her more early game.

For Jing Wei, the same reasons you use for Artemis with regard to an early Deathbringer apply to her too, via Explosive Bolts. Sure, it's not as immediately functional as Art, but the things she has going for her again are other things besides just her damage...her passive allows her to back more often for items or healing, and get back to lane quickly...so it's tough to push lane on her in that early/mid game.

My bad if your assigned strength is just with regard to their damage potential...I was thinking more on overall difficulty/strengths.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DV-8 » May 3, 2018 4:21pm | Report
Branmuffin17 wrote:

My bad if your assigned strength is just with regard to their damage potential...I was thinking more on overall difficulty/strengths.

I am, it's just that when it comes to hunters/ADCs, damage potential is a critical aspect to take into consideration. I won't be ranking guardians on their damage potential, but rather when I feel they are most effective in terms of their kit.

You make some good arguments as well. I think this topic is very debatable as you could potentially put a god in more than one category. There isn't necessarily a right or wrong, as it is more opinion based than anything else. In turn though, it makes for interesting discussion :)

DV-8
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (35)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » May 3, 2018 4:44pm | Report
Also, in recent times, you've had some of the most experience as ADC, particularly in ranked, so I'd also argue that you're one of the best qualified to provide deeper information (should you take it on). But I can understand your reluctance and the direction you want to take with this.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }