Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Dissecting Smite #1: Oversexualization, Stereotyping, Double-Standards, and Other Misogyny in Smite

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Thread Locked

This thread has been locked by the moderators, you cannot reply to it.

Forum » General Discussion » Dissecting Smite #1: Oversexualization, Stereotyping, Double-Standards, and Other Misogyny in Smite 305 posts - page 28 of 31
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Chiulin » December 22, 2014 9:41pm | Report

I like how everyone fails to understand that they DO sexualize men in Smite, I fap to Anubis and Hades all the time.

Totally overlooked this. I forgot about my old days of fapping to Bacchus and Bakasura.

Chiulin

Prominent (31)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by festive1 » December 22, 2014 11:12pm | Report
Chiulin wrote:

Totally overlooked this. I forgot about my old days of fapping to Bacchus and Bakasura.

I could make some screwed up comment about cupid but I won't.

I will occasionally have sexual fantasies about those manly cyclopses and minataurs.
You can check out my cool Ymir guide by clicking here
Thanks Lprats for making an awesome Ymir drawing :)
If you want to look at my old signature click by clicking here
PM Me if you want me to try to make signature for you

festive1

Memorable (14)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » December 29, 2014 11:07am | Report
I'm aware that there has been a **** load of, well, **** flung around recently. From various people, to various people, but there's one extremely important loose end that has been unresolved. I've written this to set the facts straight and to rectify that problem.

This...post...is going to fix that. At least, in theory.
1: The Final Claim

2: My First Post

3: First Contact

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
3: First Contact Cont

4: Zanestorm's Reply to Me, Dissected

5: Zanestorm's Reply to Chiulin, Dissected

6: Zanestorm's Reply to Nurisea, Dissected

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
7: Zanestorm's Other Reply to Chiulin, Dissected - Source Analysis

8: Zanestorm's Reply to Nex the Slayer

9: Zanestorm's Reply to All4Games

11: Zanestorms's Other Other Reply to Me

12: Zanestorms's Other Reply to Nex the Slayer

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » December 29, 2014 11:08am | Report
13: Zanestorm's Reply to TheGenocideLord

14: Zanestorm's Last Reply

15: Random Dissections

End: My Problem with Zanestorm

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HolyPudding » December 29, 2014 1:23pm | Report
Can we just put this subject to rest. Everyone's stated their opinion, mine being that while women are sexualised too much in smite they are far more so in other works and I feel the post being focused solely on smite was a bit too far. This is a problem with the media, not with smite.
"We are none but friends

All born to the same forum

Why not live in peace?"

HolyPudding

Established (19)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zanestorm » December 29, 2014 1:50pm | Report
@Holypudding, I'd assumed we had as there'd been no reply for four days. Apparently not.

Edit: Overwhelmingly Sub is arguing against a point I never said - he seems to be under the impression that I think internalization generally doesn't exist. I have never stated that - to the contrary I have stated several times now to Sub directly that it does exist but is nowhere near as common as Sub makes it out to be, and that he'd need evidence to prove that everybody internalizes sexist messages only [as opposed to violent messages ect.] This is a simplification of something I go over in slightly more depth in my points below, but I felt it needed clarifying immediately.

@Sub:

After the radio silence and no apology this is what you come back with? I'm obligated to reply, as these are specifically directed at me. I'm only covering the first three - I was going to cover more but you aren't actually worth it considering your lack of civility. EDIT2: Also because I literally don't have 4 days to dedicate to a reply going over the exact same things we've already gone over in the thread and across various pms.

"The Final Claim" Rebuke
Spoiler: Click to view

"My First Post" Rebuke

"First Contact" Rebuke

Claim 10 - You being ridiculous about my sexuality again and calling me an "insufferable prick" and "self-centred" because I stated I was gay.

Aaaand thats where I stopped. You've literally copy-pasted massive chunks of discussions we've already had and got steadily more insulting as we went along. I'm forwarding this to the moderators as well, just fyi. Homophobia isn't okay, neither are most of your ridiculous insults. I'm not reading through the rest of your post to be insulted continually, I very much doubt anyone else will either. Not a single one of my supposed claims actually required academic sources to prove [at least amongst the 10, actually 8 as you missed numbers 4 and 6 "claims" you cited me as saying.]

I can't speak for the rest, because to be quite blunt I'm literally done reading giant walls of insulting text claiming I'm a liar WHILST SHOVING WORDS IN MY MOUTH, claiming you AREN'T homophobic WHILST CONTINUALLY MAKING JABS AT MY SEXUALITY and openly stating: "I mocked him here for saying he was gay, because of his repeated attempts to establish himself as an intellectual powerhouse who's entire life built him for this moment."

If you'd like to provide a TL;DR for your giant walls of text - that you preferably write politely - I will gladly go over any points I've missed that haven't already been covered previously.

Zanestorm

Remarkable (9)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by dacoqrs » December 29, 2014 3:04pm | Report
Zanestorm wrote:

He seems to be under the impression that I think internalization generally doesn't exist.

Um, yeah, you sort of did say something similar to that.
Thanks to Ferrum for making the sig pic! He's beast af people.
IGN: BestJanusNA
What I'm listening to right now: Derp -Bassjackers

dacoqrs

Prominent (40)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zanestorm » December 29, 2014 3:31pm | Report
dacoqrs wrote:

Um, yeah, you sort of did say something similar to that.

I specifically stated several times it does.

Sub thinks that me saying: "Is either a part of a broader social issue? No. Video games are their own culture, in which it is most often explicitly made clear that X video game does not represent reality in any way, even when parallels are drawn."

= "Right now, Zanestorm is saying that Internalization - a link between video games and reality - does not exist. "

Did I mention the word internalization even once in Subs quote of me? No. Did I ever state that internalization does not exist? No. I did state it isn't a rational argument as Sub is assuming internalization is common, constant and selective [I.E gamers apparently aren't internalizing violence to become murderers, but are internalizing sexualised images of Goddesses and becoming sexist somehow.] But saying it isn't a valid argument isn't // saying it doesn't exist.

Stating video games are a separate culture that do not represent reality even when parallels are drawn - because they are games which are fundamentally different from real life - is not stating that internalization of ANYTHING doesn't exist. It wasn't stated within the context of internalization, it was stated within the context of video-game culture and general culture, as well as the links between video-games and the real world [which I believe are incredibly limited, as stated above.]

Zanestorm

Remarkable (9)

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }