Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Dissecting Smite #1: Oversexualization, Stereotyping, Double-Standards, and Other Misogyny in Smite

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Thread Locked

This thread has been locked by the moderators, you cannot reply to it.

Forum » General Discussion » Dissecting Smite #1: Oversexualization, Stereotyping, Double-Standards, and Other Misogyny in Smite 305 posts - page 29 of 31
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zanestorm » December 29, 2014 5:57pm | Report
Zanestorm wrote:

The Sex roles journal can be located here: http://www.springer.com/psychology/personality+%26+social+psychology/journal/11199

Look at the Recently published top mentioned articles for Sex Roles. they are filled with feminist rhetoric. This is NOT a neutral journal on sexual representation.
'Boys Can Be Anything”: Effect of Barbie Play on Girls’ Career Cognitions'
'A Linguistic Comparison of Letters of Recommendation for Male and Female Chemistry and Biochemistry Job Applicants'
'My Eyes Are Up Here: The Nature of the Objectifying Gaze Toward Women'

Subzero008 wrote:

This is where we can see Zanestorm's true self: A bloody, deceiving, liar.

http://link.springer.com/journal/11199

Click that link. The journal is called "Sex Roles."

You'll see "Bias-motivated aggression" as the most recent publication. And below that, "The Effect of Functionality- and Aesthetic-Focused Images on Australian Women’s Body Satisfaction." And below that, "Facebook Involvement, Objectified Body Consciousness, Body Shame, and Sexual Assertiveness in College Women and Men."

THEY are the most recent posts. ALL of them are from December 2014. Click Zanestorm's links, and you'll see that they come from dates like March. December...2013. Etc.

He. Is. A. Liar.

And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

I read this and it bugged me enough to post about it specifically despite saying I wouldn't be posting more.

You provided a different link. I couldn't make this up if I tried - literally click on my link and then click on yours. You'll find I wasn't lying. You simply - deliberately or through ineptitude - posted a different link to a different section - you'll note your link is NOT the top mentioned articles - and then claimed I was a liar.

I can't tell if you're trying to be underhanded and lie or you're genuinely not checking what you're putting at this point.

Zanestorm

Remarkable (9)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HammaSmite » December 29, 2014 9:50pm | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

I'm aware that there has been a **** load of, well, **** flung around recently. From various people, to various people, but there's one extremely important loose end that has been unresolved. I've written this to set the facts straight and to rectify that problem.

This...post...is going to fix that. At least, in theory.
1: The Final Claim

2: My First Post

3: First Contact

SUB WHAT DID I TELL YOU ABOUT WRITING LONG PARAGRAPHS
random thanatos main has appeared
    Attack
    Kill Secure
    Run
    Catch

HammaSmite

Remarkable (7)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FerrumSlash » December 30, 2014 12:09am | Report
*yawn*

After several days of absence, Sub came back with long-*** paragraphs that take up 2 posts which are so long it requires spoilers in spoilers.

FerrumSlash
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (70)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » December 30, 2014 4:22am | Report
FerrumSlash wrote:

*yawn*

After several days of absence, Sub came back with long-*** paragraphs that take up 2 posts which are so long it requires spoilers in spoilers.

Wait spoilers in spoilers how long where those paragraphs?

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by dacoqrs » December 30, 2014 5:24am | Report
Zanestorm, aren't both links leading to the same journal?

Or are they different journals?

Edit: Never mind, I see the difference.

Although, may I ask where you found Sub said this: "I mocked him here for saying he was gay, because of his repeated attempts to establish himself as an intellectual powerhouse who's entire life built him for this moment.

Edit 2: Never mind, I found it.
Thanks to Ferrum for making the sig pic! He's beast af people.
IGN: BestJanusNA
What I'm listening to right now: Derp -Bassjackers

dacoqrs

Prominent (40)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nogglez » December 30, 2014 6:29am | Report
lol what is this, tumblr? This site is such a joke now.
Rep me up if I helped!

Nogglez

Established (19)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by dacoqrs » December 30, 2014 6:33am | Report
Nogglez wrote:

lol what is this, tumblr? This site is such a joke now.

I was thinking the exact same thing. That's what happens when half the people on a Smite forum hate and no longer play Smite. You get this.
Thanks to Ferrum for making the sig pic! He's beast af people.
IGN: BestJanusNA
What I'm listening to right now: Derp -Bassjackers

dacoqrs

Prominent (40)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nogglez » December 30, 2014 6:38am | Report
dacoqrs wrote:

I was thinking the exact same thing. That's what happens when half the people on a Smite forum hate and no longer play Smite. You get this.

It used to be such a close-knit community, now petty **** like this is started daily from the looks of it.
Rep me up if I helped!

Nogglez

Established (19)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » December 30, 2014 6:38am | Report
dacoqrs wrote:

We criticise it because we want the game to be good. If we truly hated the game, then we wouldn't bother expressing our opinions on the issues we find in the game, because then we'd want the game to remain bad (not implying Smite is bad, it just has a few fundamental issues that really hold it back from being a good competitive game).
Nogglez wrote:

It used to be such a close-knit community, now petty **** like this is started daily from the looks of it.

Good ol' days. Now this site is reminiscent of Planetside 2.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nogglez » December 30, 2014 6:41am | Report
HiFromBuddha wrote:

We criticise it because we want the game to be good. If we truly hated the game, then we wouldn't bother expressing our opinions on the issues we find in the game, because then we'd want the game to remain bad (not implying Smite is bad, it just has a few fundamental issues that really hold it back from being a good competitive game).

Good ol' days. Now this site is reminiscent of Planetside 2.

Buddha, why not just lock threads like these? I only skimmed through some of the pages, but it looks like its just personal attacks and flame wars.
Rep me up if I helped!

Nogglez

Established (19)
View My Blog

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }