Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Determining the Quality of a Build - A Basic Overview

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Determining the Quality of a Build - A Basic Overview 58 posts - page 4 of 6
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Gulfwulf » June 26, 2017 1:19pm | Report
Heh. I'm glad you got the reference, Bran. I was going to post a clip, but it's full of profanity so I figured I'd better err on the side of caution...

Gulfwulf
<Guardian Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (81)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » June 26, 2017 1:32pm | Report
Just give a profanity warning for tender ears (8 year olds, dude)...it'll really tie the room together. Then post away =)
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » June 26, 2017 3:02pm | Report
Bran is too far away
Signature by Stuke99, check out his Website Portfolio and his SmiteFire Profile!

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » June 26, 2017 3:04pm | Report

Bran is too far away

Absence makes the heart grow fonder, yeah?
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Gulfwulf » June 26, 2017 4:31pm | Report
Branmuffin17 wrote:

Just give a profanity warning for tender ears (8 year olds, dude)...
Then post away =)

WARNING: PROFANITY!
Branmuffin17 wrote:

...it'll really tie the room together.

They peed on your rug dude?

Gulfwulf
<Guardian Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (81)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheZodiacWolf » June 27, 2017 10:33am | Report
For that video in the first page, coming from someone who is honest. I'd clean up the audio, it's not bad. Though it's a little quiet, which for some people would be a turn off. (I know you had to be quiet for the kids.) Length also is important, people like short videos. So keeping a focused goal before going in will save your time and theirs. It doesn't have to be scripted, just have flash cards that just show the topic. Like for example (How I judge guides), (How to build a guide, etc.

I am a victim of this myself. Uhs and ums, it's usually used when someone is thinking. It's better to just stay silent, makes it sound smoother. Plus it gives the illusion that you're more confident, by just taking a little time to think. To be fair I skimmed through the video, though you have a good voice. You being older then me, I'm sure you know this fully already. I just wanted to give you my opinion if anything. One last thing, Audacity is a free program, it's amazing for cleaning up voice audio. It also isn't that taxing on the computer.
IGN: Okami Fenrir Guide

TheZodiacWolf

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (23)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » June 27, 2017 11:07am | Report
Funny thing is, I'm using a good mic too... I have the Yeti. I think some of my pauses had ums, but I also had some where I was silent... I am somewhat aware of saying Um and do try to minimize to a degree. Also maybe was nervous cuz I was doing it for the first time.

I need to get out my pop filter and put the mic a bit closer. That might help. I dunno.

Flash cards or notes definitely would help keep focus. Or just a more specific subject.

Really appreciate your feedback, it's spot on.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheZodiacWolf » June 27, 2017 12:27pm | Report
I have a yeti also, Audacity will REALLLLLLY help if that's the case. When I did my first webcam video, I had a BAD haircut and was SUPER nervous. The nervousness goes away over time, I recommend watch a 8 min video on audacity. It will only benefit you, #TRUST.
IGN: Okami Fenrir Guide

TheZodiacWolf

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (23)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » June 27, 2017 12:37pm | Report
Question: how would I integrate Audacity with my recording? I'm just using desktop recording via GeForce Experience, so it records whatever's on my desktop, along with the audio at the time.

Since I'm expecting to do stuff onscreen as I'm talking, I don't think we're talking a separate audio track that I overlay, but I'm not sure...are you talking about Audacity just enhancing the sound quality while I'm recording?
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » June 29, 2017 12:25am | Report
For anyone interested, I did another video...not much going on on-screen, but I think the content is a bit more concise and focused. It discusses the main movement speed items (boots & shoes).

Video is also in the original post, and I've also added it to my Items guide.

Did I do better? (Still sorta long, sorry...)
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }